MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Virus

Katz25

• 3 weeks later...

KHOU 11 News Houston

Posted on December 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas -- Officials with the Montgomery County Health Department are on a mission to find out more about a mystery flu-like illness.

So far, half of the people who have come down with it have died.

According to the health department, all of the patients have had flu-like and/or pneumonia like symptoms. However, all of them have tested negative for the flu.

There have been eight confirmed patients ranging in age from 41 to 68. Four of those patients have died.

Sources told WFAA sister station KHOU that two of the surviving patients are being treated at Conroe Regional Medical Center and are “very sick."

Those sources said doctors are being advised to use extra precaution to prevent this from spreading.

It’s unclear if any of the patients had pre-existing conditions.

The Montgomery County Health Department is waiting on more conclusive test results. Officials are hoping they will have more answers in the days to come.

I'm hearing of a "flu" in southern part of CO [may be other places but I've heard of three in that general area]. Long lasting. Dizzy, weak to falling over a in faint. Terrible cough. Vomiting.

Understand tho, I'm getting second-hand reports [friends of friends] so don't quote me on this. I just haven't seen anything in the news about it. Maybe they have different varieties of the flu but they're lasting weeks. That...I'm sure of that symptom being in common.

MtRider ....hmmm, that's not very specific information,is it? :wacko:

There are two kinds of crud going around here, both called "flu." One is the gut-cleaning kind. The kind I had/have is gunk in the lungs. I've been drinking all the water I can stomach, and going through both guaifenesin and Sambuccol.

• 5 months later...