MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Quiz To See If You Or Your Children Need Any Immunizations

WormGuy

I got this e-mail today. According to the "quiz" I need four shots. <_<

Dear Subscribers,

The new and improved Adolescent and Adult Quiz is now live! Thank you for your continued efforts in supporting and working to promote adult and adolescent immunizations. It is important to keep in mind that adults and adolescents also need vaccines. Many adults are not aware of this and vaccination rates among adults are especially low. Vaccines may be recommended for adults based on their age, lifestyle, or health condition that could put adults at higher risk for severe complications due to vaccine preventable diseases. You may access the quiz at: http://www2a.cdc.gov/nip/adultimmsched/

The Adolescent and Adult Immunization Quiz has been updated to make it easier for the public to determine which vaccines they might need.

Some highlights include:

• Updated with latest vaccine recommendations
  • Revised questions related to the patients’ health and lifestyle that may impact their vaccine needs
  • The patient is able to print their list of suggested recommended vaccines and take to their healthcare provider to discuss which vaccines they should get

If there are questions or you need more information about the quiz, contact CDC-INFO in English or Spanish at 1-800-CDC-INFO or 1-800-232-4636 or email at cdcinfo@cdc.gov.

:wormie2:

John

I need three. Flu, Tdap and Shingles.

They are still pushing that flu shot I see. The 'T' in the Tdap shot stands for tetanus. I had my tetanus shot about 2 years ago. It lasts 10 years. I need the shingle shot because I checked I didn't know if I had it or not. But I slept with my son when he had chicken pox and never got so much as an itch. Now watch, I'll come down with shingles next week.

You have the chance of shingles if you had chicken pox in your youth/past.

If you have never had chicken pox you can still get it and the older you are the worse it is.

If you have shingles you should not be around people(usually the very young) as they may

get chicken pox from your shingles.

I have had both chicken pox(in my youth) and shingles in the last 10 years.

I do not wish for anyone to get shingles anywhere on their body!!!!

You have the chance of shingles if you had chicken pox in your youth/past.

If you have never had chicken pox you can still get it and the older you are the worse it is.

You're so right about that! I got chicken pox at age 18 during my freshman year of college. They wouldn't even let me go back to my dorm to get anything. Told my mom to get me from the clinic on campus. I had blisters from my scalp to the bottoms of my feet...in places I didn't you know you could get them. (maybe TMI). I remember sitting in the tub soaking and crying because the itching was so intense and I couldn't scratch because of the fear of scarring.