MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

EDITED TO DELETE COMMENTS SINCE THEY WERE BASED ON A SATIRE ARTICLE

SORRY I KICKED UP SUCH A DUST WITH THAT ONE. I'LL BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME :ashamed0002::ashamed0002:

Edited by ANewMe
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a press release that was put out by the hospital where the Nigerian man off the plane died. It took 5 days from the time he went in to his death. Also...did you see where he said he'd had no contact? In another article his wife said she thought he got it from his sister who had died from it. He was a senior bigwig and even he didn't tell the truth. :(. Also...did you see how the hospital was pressured to let him go because he was supposed to go to a conference??

http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2014/07/first-consultants-medical-center-ltd-press-statement-on-the-ebola-virus-disease-patient

In the interest of our patients, staff, the general public the nation at large we state the following:

A 40-years old gentlemen came into the hospital with symptoms suggestive of Malaria (Fever, headache, extreme weakness) on Sunday night (20th July 2014). He was fully conscious and gave us his clinical history and told us he is a Senior Diplomat from Liberia. Laboratory investigations confirmed malaria whilst other test for HIV, Hepatitis B&C were negative. He was admitted and treatment commenced.

However, due to the fact that he was not responding to treatment but rather was developing haemorrhagic symptoms we further questioned him. He denied having been in contact with any persons with EVD (Ebola Virus Disease) at home, in any hospital or at any burial.

In spite of this denial we immediately decided to do the following:

1. To conduct further tests for possible Infectious Haemorrhagic Disease, especially EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE, based on the fact that he was a Liberian citizen and the recent ourbreak of EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE in that country

2. We immediatrly isolated/quarantined the patient, commenced barrier nursing and simultaneously contacted the Lagos State Ministry of Health and the Federal Ministry of Health to enquire where furthe laboratory tests could be performed as we had a high index of suspicion of possible EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE

3. WE REFUSED FOR HIM TO BE LET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL IN SPITE OF INTENSE PRESSURE, AS WE WERE TOLD THAT HE WAS A SENIOR ECOWAS OFFICIAL AND HAD AN IMPORTANT ROLE TO PLAY AT THE ECOWAS CONVENTION IN CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE.

4. The initial test results from LUTH laboratory indicated a signal of possible EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE, but required confirmation.

5. We then took the further step of reaching out to Senior Officials in the office of the Secretary of Health of the United States of America who promptly assisted us with contacts at thecentres for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organisation Regional Laboratory Centre in Senegal.

6. Working jointly with the State, Federal Agencies and Internaional Agencies, we were able to obtain confirmation of EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE (ZAIRE STRAIN), (W.H.O. Regional Center Lab-Senegal/Redeemes lab/LUTH Laboratory)

7. The gentleman subsequently died on Friday at a 6.50 (25th July, 2014)

8. All agencies were promptly notified and in consultation with W.H.O, Regional EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE Centre in Conakry, Guinea and Best Practices, the following was commenced:

a. Orderly temporay shut down of the hospital with immediate evacuation of in house patients

b. The appropriate professional removal of the body and its incineration wunder W.H.O. guidelines witnessed by all appropriate agencies.

9. Having concluded the above, it is now appropriate to give this Press release in the interest of our partient, staff, the general public and the nation at large.

10. In keeping with W.H.O, guidelines, hospitals is shut down briefly as full decontamination exercise is currently in progress W.H.O. Guidelines

In conclusion working with the STATE, FEDERAL AND INTERNATIONAL AGENCUES, we were able to identify and confirm the diagnosis of the EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE. We hope that by our action of preventing this gentleman from being extracted from our hospital and traveling to Calabar we have been able to prevent the spread of EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE in Nigeria.

Anyone else have the feeling the barn door is slowly being closed while the horse is already way down the road?

I also read where Germany has said they will accept one of the Ebola patients for 'treatment' but he/she may be too sick to travel.

OK....good follow-up, ANewMe....on the (bogus) "satire" story from DailyLeak.o r g. In case you read it before she pulled it....stand down. At this time, it is NOT true.

:sigh: But....it wouldn't take too many bribes and errors for this to come true some day, would it?

Whew! Sure had a few of us scrambling at the thought of it!!!! Let's call this Dress Rehearsal. ;)

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider
punctuation clarity

(((((((AnewMe)))))))

I hate when they do that. What a rotten thing to do. Dirty liars.

Could it cross our border from Mexicans? And we have 2 foreign borders. Snippets below

"After a group of adult males from the three Asian nations was apprehended at the U.S. border over the weekend, Albert Spratte, a spokesman for Local 3307 of the NBPC, reiterated that the Rio Grande is being crossed by more than just Central Americans."

“This should be a reminder to the public that unaccompanied minors and family units are not the only ones crossing into the U.S. illegally,” Spratte told Breitbart News. “On the same day, I also witnessed 3-4 Chinese females at the processing station. The media are concentrating on the Central American families and minors, and they are not covering the fact that we are still getting people, often adult males, who are coming from other nations.”

"In 2012, the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime released a report confirming, “Central Americans are not the only ones being smuggled through Mexico to the United States. Irregular migrants from the Horn of Africa (Eritrea, Somalia, and Ethiopia), as well as South Asia (Bangladesh, Nepal, India), China, and other African and Asian states are being smuggled through Central America.”

“Border Patrol agents in our sector have in the past apprehended aliens from Iraq, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Israel and from many other nations,” Spratte continued. “People think this is just about Mexico and Central America, but it isn’t. People from all over the world are trying to sneak into the United States.”

"As WND has reported, several health experts are already sounding the alarm over a rash of diseases crossing America’s southern border with the recent flood of illegal immigrants."

"Despite Department of Homeland Security assurances that it has “health controls in place to minimize any possible health risks,” including health screenings for detainees, U.S. Border Patrol sources reveal those screenings only come after processing, exposing the agents themselves to any diseases the detainees may be carrying."

Chris Cabrera, a spokesman for the National Border Patrol Council, for example, is concerned about the spread of scabies among both immigrants and those working with them.

“A lot of people [are] coming in with the disease,” Cabrera told a local TV station, “and it seems to be spreading, not just within the McAllen [Texas] station, but throughout the [Rio Grande] Valley and to some of our agents.”

“Children with serious health conditions are treated at local hospitals. The cost of this care is fully paid by the federal government.”

“Examples of close contact include kissing or embracing, sharing eating or drinking utensils, close conversation (less than 3 feet), physical examination and any other direct physical contact between persons,” the guidelines clarify. “Close contact does not include activities such as walking by a person or briefly sitting across a room.”

“We’re confident the standard care of U.S. [hospitals] would prevent much of the transmission would a case show up here,” Monroe said. :008Laughing:

EDITED: I forgot to add the link...duh.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/could-ebola-sneak-across-u-s-border/

Edited by Jeepers

Ebola: Doctors told to prepare for global outbreak after victim was allowed on two planes (Just a few snips....may be a repeat)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ebola-doctors-told-prepare-global-3933249#ixzz38uwjfDw0
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Patrick Sawyer, whose sister also died from Ebola, was allowed on two ASKY Airlines flights in Liberia while infected

Doctors fear Ebola victim Patrick Sawyer may have sparked a worldwide spread of the killer disease after being allowed on two flights while infected.

And tonight a desperate race was on to find dozens of passengers who flew on the same jets as the 40-year-old American.

British doctors and border officials have been warned to be on the lookout for people in the UK showing signs of the disease.

PHE director of global health Dr Brian McCloskey described the Ebola outbreak as the most “acute emergency” facing Britain.

US medic Kent Brantly, 33, fell ill despite wearing full protective gear.

He wrote in an email to a former colleague in Texas: “I’m praying fervently God will help me survive this disease.”

Dr Brantly is being treated in an isolation unit in the Liberian capital of Monrovia. He moved to the country in October to work with a Christian group.

Wife Amber and their two young children had returned to the US for a trip last week before he found out about his condition. They have shown no signs of the highly contagious viral infection.

From what I understand incubation period is 3-21 days so how can they be certain that the family does not have it??? I would be terrified!

The following has just ramped up my anxiety level.......

http://ebola.emedtv.com/ebola/ebola-incubation-period.html

Is a Person Contagious During the Ebola Incubation Period?

Even if a person exhibits no signs or symptoms of Ebola, he or she can still spread the virus during the Ebola incubation period. Once Ebola virus symptoms begin, the person can remain contagious for about three more weeks.
EDIT TO ADD:
The article above is in regards to a Dr. that was in direct contact with the two affected Dr.'s

Earlier, Samaritan's Purse had told media that Marthyman voluntarily placed himself under quarantine at home as a precaution upon his return.

But spokesman Jeff Adams said Tuesday afternoon that information was incorrect, and that Marthyman is just taking some time off with his family to decompress from his trip.

Edited by ANewMe

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/30/ebola-fears-global-outbreak/13350607/

This says that the spread is caused because the washing of the dead bodies...... I wonder if they really know how many people have died.

Those that come to the hospital , they know about but out in the more remote areas???

Bodily fluids is stressed as the way of spread..sneezing , coughing, ...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/part-cmc-er-roped-officials-say-patient-being-test/ngq2K/

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —

A corridor of Carolinas Medical Center – Main’s Emergency Room is roped off on the first floor near the entrance.

A security guard is posted outside to prevent anyone from crossing the line.

CMC officials said a patient is being tested, but a spokesman would not specify what they are testing the patient for.

One of the victims was from Charlotte, NC......following a thread on this now and its moving quickly. Will post what I can find

EDIT FOR UPDATE:

Patient had been traveling in countries with infectious diseases. Sick...tested....said it was negative then sent home.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/part-cmc-er-roped-officials-say-patient-being-test/ngq2K/

Edited by ANewMe

Our borders are very fluid....and part of that is due to our freedoms. But there is a price for that. There should be flexibility to tighten INCOMING people. Citizens should go to the front of the line....allowed back into the country as quickly as is reasonable though.

With the discovery of antibiotics and vaccines decades ago [i'm pre-polio vaccine.....remember going for the vaccine at the school with everyone else in the community] ....we relaxed and felt invincible. In this past decade, that invincibility has proven to be false hope. :( Medical quarantine was done in my mother's childhood....when she somehow was infected with small pox. They were quarantined in their house.

I believe the era of that has passed. A much smaller percentage of people now would be honorable with in-home quarantine. Now the 'animals' [infected folks who REFUSE to stay out of circulation] will roam the land and people [healthy ones who hide at home or in retreats] will reside in the zoo cages. :blink:

Ewwww....that sounds like the Zombie themes...and I hate zombie themes! :sigh:

Anyway, the only real alternative for isolation of folks possibly infected is.......forced quarantine. And misuse of that has all sorts of ramifications that are skeerrrry! :ph34r:

MtRider .....remember! Do not scare yourself so silly with all this that you cease to function. That is not preparedness......just sayin'

Edited by Mt_Rider

MtRider .....remember! Do not scare yourself so silly with all this that you cease to function. That is not preparedness......just sayin'

Absolutely! I'm posting information because I believe knowledge is power.

From what I've read the family is on a 21 day fever watch. I sure hope they're totally isolated.

Yeah the doctors family is in isolation, they live around Ft. Worth/Dallas Texas area. She thinks they weren't around it and are not in any danger. Just the face they were around him, kind of scares me.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/29/texas-family-of-american-doctor-infected-with-ebola-under-21-day-fever-watch/

This is an excerpt from an article Samaritans Purse put out.

"The safety of our staff is a top priority and Samaritans Purse is currently working to evacuate all but the most essential personnel to their home countries. The evacuation should be completed this weekend. The exact timeline and destinations are being kept confidential to respect their privacy. Samaritans Purse is taking precautions that exceed the standards recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.

None of the evacuating staff are ill and the World Health Organization and CDC continue to reiterate that people are not contagious unless they begin showing symptoms. Following their evacuation, Samaritans Purse will work with staff to monitor their health."

The fact that the doctor gave the new experimental drug to his coworker tells me volumes about Who he works for. In this world, the doctor would get the lifesaving medicine because he more needed in the medical field. Instead, he gave away the miracle drug to an office worker. God works in different ways than we do.

Latest from CNN ( I don't particularly care for them imho) http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/health/ebola-outbreak/index.html

(CNN) -- A U.S.-contracted medical charter flight left Cartersville, Georgia, Thursday to evacuate two American charity workers in Liberia infected with Ebola hemorrhagic fever, a source told CNN.

A CNN crew saw the airplane, a long-range business jet, depart shortly after 5 p.m. ET. The plane matched the description provided by the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

It was not immediately known when the two Americans -- identified as Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol -- would arrive in the United States, or where the plane would land.

At least one of the two will be taken to a hospital at Emory University, near the headquarters of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, hospital officials told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Brantly and Writebol are described in stable but grave condition, with both reportedly taking a turn for the worse overnight, according to statements released Thursday by the faith-based charity Samaritan's Purse.

Experimental serum

The news follows reports that an experimental serum was administered to Writebol. Only one dose of the serum was available, and Dr. Brantly asked that it be given to his colleague, said Franklin Graham, president of Samaritan's Purse.

(I did read elsewhere that Dr. Brantly was given a unit of blood from a 14-yo boy who had Ebola and lived. The boy said the doctor saved his life. He wanted to give back to the doctor. Wouldn't it be interesting if there were antibodies in the boy's blood that will save the doctor. God works in mysterious ways).

Yes, both are gravely ill. I'm sure they will be coming back to the States and become guinea pigs. There are no medical facilities like we have in the States. With travel so global, Ebola will eventually come to our soil anyway. If CDC can find a cure, Ebola will no longer generate the fear that it does today.