MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for March 25 - April 14, 2012

Snowmom

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

We are back safe.

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

biking, treadmill walking, other walking and such. The smilies have been put on hold. :(

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile Again, some smilies have been put on hold. :(

:lois: and other yard work etc.

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif

I've been not feeling so well with diverticulitis and then other problems. Therefore I just haven't been doing any walking at all lately. I did get in about 6 miles before going to the Dr. with the diverticulitis, so that is all I can count for a couple weeks. I really am still weak and very tired a lot. I was dehydrated also and light headed. My blood presure was low so I stopped taking my pills and now it is up agin, so have started taking them again. I'm in hopes to be getting back to normal soon.

I did go out with Oldpine and our DD on Saturday for a while and so did get in about 1 mile shopping. I was completely worn out by the time we got home again.

So, I am counting 6 miles for the one week, no miles for one week and 1 mile for last week. I think that will catch me up. Hope to be able to do some miles this week.

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

Oh my, Snowmom. I am glad you made it back safely, so sorry you are having difficulties. :pray: I hope you get feeling better soon.

You and Momo are such an inspiration to me the way you both keep going through your adversities.

Last week...

Shooting, went for my photo shoot and walked about a mile. There is a hill there I walk down and come back up, 1/4 mile climb, missed the photo of some quail. Went fishing on Wednesday and walked about a mile, another steep hill climb, did not catch anything but algae and a bad fall. Pulled weeds 3 hours a day, sitting on my duff, so that does not count as walking miles. Cleaned the house. My total miles for the week about 4 miles.

I really need to increase my miles...

Yea I got sure stuck in a rut here. Now I can say I am working on doing more, up and about and have gotten in at least 3 miles on Tuesday since I walked all over the place for about an hour when I was out and doing stuff.

working on the shoulder and upper arm muscles and the way you just have to flip your hand over, forearm rotation stuff to limber it up a bit more every day and doing rotations and such for shoulder and very light bicep curl stuff , trying to make sure I do that several times a day now and it is making progress and pain is reduced although warmer weather more consistently may also be helping.

Its finally greening up and the cold winds have diminished enough that it feels good to get outside more so I am working on walks and thinking alternate walks to extend that so I can get some more stamina and tone up and maybe even burn a few calories rather than most direct routes.

Need to get a foot pedal flusher thingy for my toilet. That lefty sided heavy duty toilet handle of old heavy brass is dangerous to me, lol with the shoulder and such and my face ends up right against the wall and board ...

but I need a car before I move to a different place more as a priority so the foot pedal thing will be much safer and a cheap thing to get.

sooo..... slowly getting out of my shell and simply trying to limber up too.

I think that is the hardest part! Getting out of what became a too comfortable zone!