MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

Burnt Chili. :( Distracted when police arrived in front of the house and neighbor activity pulled me outside to investigate. Burglary suspect next door. More than an hour passed before things calmed down and I realized dinner was on the stove. Lots of unique flavor.

ah, yes, Wormie... I am notorious for burning the bottom of the pot. Position of kitchen makes it impossible to sense that very well if I am distracted.... at least in this place, with sitting in my living room . I used to not do that. But it happens. I managed some sausage gumbo soup with lots of extra veggies tonight. It was fine. I think I will bake some corn bread tomorrow, I forgot it tonight with working on the toe of my second sock!

Hoisin sauce and such.... sounds good. I love quick stir fry and meat and veggies done that way.

Monday: Baked chicken with potatoes, onions, and carrots sprinkled with garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and evoo; asparagus with lemon; broccoli rice (with a bit extra dehydrated broccoli.) smores from a kit sitting on the shelf since nurse's week ...which tasted fine once everything was melted. (I cooked a LOT of chicken)

Tuesday: Leftover chicken shredded with BBQ and made into sandwiches, leftover potato salad from Saturday, baked beans, fruit or carrot sticks, chocolate cup cakes,

Wednesday: Leftover chicken & potatoes & broccoli rice with leftover gravy from last week and a can of mixed vegetables topped with biscuits (basically a pot pie) and salad

If I need to leave the kitchen, I set the timer (not cooker, they all have timers go figure) on my microwave. I used to burn things too, but that fixed it. It makes it easy to leave things for 5m, 15m, an hour, etc.

Tonight is a big occasion at our house. T-Bone steak! (we had a big sale yesterday for under 5$ a pound) They are gorgeous. DH will grill them outside and I will make him a big baked potato. We will both also have a spinach/romaine salad with homemade parmesan ranch dressing and a side of grilled zucchini.

Last night I made buffalo chicken legs, mac & cheese and fried cabbage & onions. Since I'm on lo carb DH has to eat the mac&cheese alone.

MrWE2 built the new shelves in the storage shed at the Roost...but...I put on ham & beans with taters (crockpot) before we left this morning and then popped some cornbread in my convection oven. Lazy :-) But, we've got to two more meals. All this out of a half of a small package of pinto beans :-)

Edited by The WE2's

BBQ Pork ribs with potatoes and creamed corn was fine fare for supper tonight. Dh cooked and he shared a chocolate bar with me for dessert. He tried to trick me by holding the two pieces upright and at different heights in one hand, asking me which one I would like. I chose the apparently shorter of the two, knowing full well it was not! We had a good laugh and I did eat the bigger piece on him.

We have a beef roast thawing for tomorrow. It is pot luck at church so I may get up early and put it on for that dh thinks I should make an Angel Food Cake

Had our supper from our Cobb grill; Chicken breast sliced in two pieces (fingers) sprayed with olive oil & dusted with Creole seasoning, potatoes, green beans with balsamic vinegar & other seasonings and papaya chunks with peanuts & whip cream. Even took some pics for all of ya's! Oh, the grill is non-stick with little wells that direct the juices etc. down into the capture well around the fire cup...but I chose to use foil to keep my spices etc. on the food. It's Because only the dome gets hot you can cook with it just about anywhere, and the only smoke is the tiny bit when you first light the briquettes, so it's going to be very handy when we camp and only need to grill for the two of us. It only took 5 briquettes :-) Oh...the potatoes take longer so next time I'll put them in before the chicken. The chicken took about 20 minutes and was oh so good!

post-9087-0-62328900-1414983893_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-84895900-1414983898_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-74168900-1414983907_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-70345200-1414983916_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-98922300-1414983923_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-03139500-1414983931_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-75942600-1414983938_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-06144500-1414983948_thumb.jpg

post-9087-0-71387500-1414983956_thumb.jpg