MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Totally Frustrated!!

ANewMe

I got the Family Tree Maker and recorded all of my history into it and also got the subscription to Ancestry thinking I could upload it into the online tree....Guess Not.

So then I key all of my info into my online tree.....Now after putting everything down for a while I see that I have keyed things wrong in BOTH!!!!

I should have had seperate trees so it would have been easier to look things up. HONESTLY!!! :angry:

Now I have to delete and set up from scratch!!!!! I"m bummed....

Thanks in advance for allowing me to rant.

Momo....I figured it out!!!! I fixed it in FTM and uploaded one tree to ancestry but now I have another problem. When I started saving records to my tree I ended up with two of everyone!!!!! AGHHHHH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Silly me for asking this, but what is Family Tree Maker? Is it freeware? CAn someone post a link?

Thanks!'

Vic

Family Tree Maker isn't free, or as not as far as I know. My SIL bought it and then sent the program to us for what she had done with DH side of the family. I am not sure that you can post a link to it but I know that you can forward what you have done to others.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.ancestry.com/

Family tree maker is a program that is kind of expensive, but it does have some nice features. I have to reload it onto my computer, as the file I had got too big and it won't open. Fortunately I had uploaded my info so I can access my tree online. Next time I am going to make a separate file for each line that goes back to the 1600's, and DH's tree.

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

ANewMe, what you have to do now is go in and 'Fix People". At least that is what I think will work. I think when you go in there, it will ask if this is the same person as the other. Or something like that. I've had to do it several times myself. :)

So often you find a name on a list and do a ged com and then someone else has other infor and you do another ged com and you end up with a few of the same people. :)

I have not as of yet put my FTM on line.

To answer the question about price, no it is not free, but it is a lot less than when it first came out. :)

I need to get busy again on my FTM too.

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived