MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

athletes foot

dogmom4

I had to take d12 to the doctor today. He has a really bad case of athletes foot. She prescribed over the counter meds,keeping feet dry, changing shoes, etc. I am thinking what would one use in a SHTF situation if there are no over the counter meds?

Stacy

I wonder if mouth wash would work? I know it helps toenail fungus hummmmmmmm. Dry socks and air. When there is no need for shoes the feet need air.

However that is one item I need to add to the medicine bucket. It and jock itch spray (house full of guys)

Dont know if this is any use, apparently the Australian army boys during korea and ww2 carried 2 bottles with them - one was euculyptus oil the other tea tree oil. They used tea tree oil on fungal problems, but generally those 2 preparations would fix most things

Sue

There is a lot of information on cause and treatment here:

http://www.healthline.com/search?q1=athlet...p;imuid=2792135

One page for you to find home care: (part of the above website)

http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/athletes-foot

Fungus is another form of candida, Keeping the intestinal flora in balance should prevent these problems.

We are not likely to be able to buy acidophilus during a crisis, but we can drink buttermilk and eat yogurt.

If you have been on any type of antibiotic, your intestinal flora will be out of balance and an increase of acidophilus is necessary. If taking it while on antibiotics be sure to stagger the doses, that is, take the acidophilus 2 hr after the antibiotic and 2 hours before the next dose or the antibiotic will kill the flora before it can work, also making your antibiotic less effective.

24.gif

Quote:
(EEEEWWWWWW, but many guys swore it worked!)

I can just hear THAT conversation:

Dude1-"Ha, buddy, ya just p***ed on your foot."

Thats-Funneh.gif

Dude2-"Uh...man, I meant to...got athlete's foot."Doof.gif

Johnson's Foot Soap is good for what ails your feet. It's about 5$/box of 8 pkts, or you can buy the storebrand (CVS) for about a dollar less.

Originally Posted By: westbrook
TEA TREE OIL!!!!!!
ring worm... Tea tree oil.
dandruff.. TTO
yeast infection..TTO

Do you use this full strength or dilute it?
Stacy

It would depend on where you are applying it. Full strength for athletes foot, but I diluted it for a fungal rash under the arm as it burned the skin. Wisdom prevails!

Sue

you can use a foot soak if you like, diluting it to 10-20 drops to a container of water enough to cover feet, but straight is best. You might be able to salvage shoes by spraying a mixture of TTO and water in shoes.. I have never tried it but I don't know why it wouldn't work.. though soggy shoes????

athletes foot and ring worm use straight until gone.

dandruff, mix with water... 10 drops to a pint and use as final rinse on hair.. 3 or 4 times and it will be gone.. note: dandruff on a woman 'may' mean she has a vaginal yeast infection.

vaginal yeast infection.. 6-10 drops to 8 ounces (there abouts, more water is fine) and douche with it for 3-5 days. If the labia is on fire, rinse area with a little douche water.

If it is a severe yeast infection, put 5-6 drops on a tampon every day for 3 days and it will be gone.

Mouth wash for inflammed gums.. now this tastes yucky... 10 drops of TTO to 16 ounces of water... you can add 3-5 drops of mint oil or cinnamon oil or orange or ??? to flavor it. It sort of helps.

Dog ear yeast infection.. mix 10 drops of TTO with cooking oil, using an applicator like a mustard container or a beauty supply hair dye bottle or any bottle with a pointy lid and you can squeez.. squeeze enough in to fill ear, rub behind the ear and down the side of neck a few inches. do this outside as dog will shake head!

using a q-tip and dabbing TTO on pimples will help. Never double dip!

TTO didn't work on mine.. I have used it, iodine, alcohol, peroxide, triple antibiotic, foot sprays and nothing seems to cure it.. Come to think of it I am not even sure it's athletes foot.. I only have it on one foot.. It starts as blisters (only on the top half of my foot slightly under my toes to near the middle of the foot.. To get any relief I have to open the blisters and sometimes I see small dots of infection come out with the water from the blister.

So is this athletes foot?

I don't think that is athlete's foot. Sounds like something I used to get on the sides of my feet as a kid. Itches like mad untilyou open it up. Try a steroid cream or liquid, like betamethasone. Hydrocortizone might clear it up too.

TTO is anti bacterial and anti fungal .. that means it has many uses.

TTO is one of those OTC herbs worth looking into on a more serious level.

Buttercup.. here is a list of possibles

http://www.homeoinfo.com/05_repertory/lang...terminology.php

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
TTO didn't work on mine.. I have used it, iodine, alcohol, peroxide, triple antibiotic, foot sprays and nothing seems to cure it.. Come to think of it I am not even sure it's athletes foot.. I only have it on one foot.. It starts as blisters (only on the top half of my foot slightly under my toes to near the middle of the foot.. To get any relief I have to open the blisters and sometimes I see small dots of infection come out with the water from the blister.
So is this athletes foot?

Hey Butter,

My son had something similar to this. It was caused by the glue that the shoe company used to glue the intersoles in his t-shoes. We threw those suckers away.

Lois.. two boys that wrestled.. I can't tell you how many times they had ring worm or atheletes foot!

they would wash the matts down with bleach.. it didn't work.

• 4 years later...

When my husband was coaching, he always soaked his feet in bleach for a few minutes or sometimes would use vinegar. He sore it worked. I did use a lot of bleach on my shower floor when he and the guys were in school. As for sore gums, We always rinsed with peroxide when they hurt, but did not swallow it. I don't know if this was healthy but we always thought it helped. At the wound clinic, we were told never to use peroxide on wounds since it broke down the tissue. We did listen to them on that figuring they knew better.

Archived