MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

• 2 months later...

Left-overs from our Thanksgiving yesterday. Love those easy days. :hapydancsmil: I've had to bring in some buckets of potatoes from the garage. The temps drop into the low 20's at night and I won't pay to heat that area of the garage. Might think about a root cellar room next year with lots of insulation and a light bulb for heat. :laughkick:

• 2 weeks later...

I am making an effort to be healthier again.

Last night was baked haddock with a crumb topping, baked sweet potatoes, sauteed zucchini with onion and beet salad.

Tonight is stuffed green peppers in tomato sauce, mashed spuds for DH, fresh pineapple wedges and asparagus spears.

Put a couple of nice pork chops in the bottom of my cast iron "chicken fryer" then chunked up some 'taters. When they were near done added a layer of vegetable medley (cauliflower, broccoli & carrots) and put the lid on and let it cook on low for another hour. Oh my...you just can't get anything better tasting than a meal cooked in cast iron. Dessert was a lemon jello that I added some mixed fruit in. :feedme:

• 5 months later...

I had a Strawberry Mango salad from Wendy’s tonight. It was good. There are two sizes regular and half. I got the half and it was plenty. But I wasn't real hungry. I wasn't used to that dressing but the more I ate the more I liked it. It's Marzetti’s Honey Citrus Vinaigrette and the citrus was mostly orange. It had nice strawberries but not very many mangos. I wonder if it will just be for summer. The strawberries were really good. I'm trying not to say, "It was a light and refreshing meal" but it was. I’m sure I’ll get it again.

It was a pretty complete meal especially for fast food.

Meat: grilled chicken breast cubed

Veggie: various lettuce types

Fruit: strawberries and mango

Dairy: feta cheese

Nuts: honey roasted sunflower seeds, really good

• Like 1