MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kidney infection and back ache from kidney problems- herbal remedies

foresthome

Years ago I started having slight back ache and my urine did not quite smell normal- almost acetone like odor- which I noticed immediately. Just previous to this I had read about the virtues of aloe vera in preventing kidney infection or treating kidney infections. I followed the simple treatment and, low and behold, my back ache stopped and my urine went back to normal odor and color. The preparation was simple: take one large aloe vera stalk or 3-4 small ones, rinse clean but do not peal or remove spikes (this is were the antibiotics are stored in the plant). do not remove anything. Chop up and place in blender with a bit of water and blend until a gelatin like smoothie. Drink down immediately before it turns bitter. This should be done after your last meal of the day and before going to bed. By morning you will head for the bathroom to clear out your system. Purifies kidneys, liver,bladder, gall bladder,as well as your intestinal track. Not recommended for persons allergic to penicillin. Aloe vera produces penicillin.

Thank you for that info. I read here at Mrs S. about taking cranberry suppliments, and that has kept me away from the Dr's office for 2 or 3 years since I started using them, and I used to go about once or twice a year for an antibiotic... I swear by the stuff and keep a bottle in my emergency medical Go Bag.

Originally Posted By: foresthome
Years ago I started having slight back ache and my urine did not quite smell normal- almost acetone like odor- which I noticed immediately. Just previous to this I had read about the virtues of aloe vera in preventing kidney infection or treating kidney infections. I followed the simple treatment and, low and behold, my back ache stopped and my urine went back to normal odor and color. The preparation was simple: take one large aloe vera stalk or 3-4 small ones, rinse clean but do not peal or remove spikes (this is were the antibiotics are stored in the plant). do not remove anything. Chop up and place in blender with a bit of water and blend until a gelatin like smoothie. Drink down immediately before it turns bitter. This should be done after your last meal of the day and before going to bed. By morning you will head for the bathroom to clear out your system. Purifies kidneys, liver,bladder, gall bladder,as well as your intestinal track. Not recommended for persons allergic to penicillin. Aloe vera produces penicillin.

How cool! I did not know this!

Psalm23,

As I noted in the procedure, if you drink it immediately it has absolutely no taste. If, however, you let it sit in the fridge or on the table for more than ten minutes then the bitter taste of the yellow sap (I think this is the penicillin from the skin) will have time to form. It is still drinkable but quite bitter.

BTW, thank you all for the note about cranberry juice and supplements. These are all good preventive measures as well.

Thanks for the info...

Anyone know how to keep kindney stones away. I have a 14mm stone, which is quite small for me. I'm never able to pass them. I wait to have it remove.

When it comes and Im throwing up and screaming in pain then I go to the hospital to have it removed. I have my urologist on speed dial. rofl

Is there away to desolve the stones?

Already tried the cranberry Juice...How much cranberry juice can you drink? Not enough in my case. Been suffering with stones since I'm 18yrs.

There are so many people in need of a kidney and I have begged them to take mine one kidney out. shrug

HC45,

I'm with you in your pain. I've had kidney stones and a really wicked infection. I never knew anything could be so painful. Maybe having a kid or two won't be so bad. DarleneSwoonrofl

After the antibiotics DID NOTHING but upset my gut, I called my naturopath who suggested the following:

To one quart of cold water, add the juice of 3 or 4 lemons (6 if they're small.) You can also do grapefruit. DO NOT USE store-bought juice, these have sugars in it, you're fighting an infection and sugars FEED it.

Take 1,000 mg of Calcium Citrate (CitriCal) WITH each pint (2 pints in a quart) of juice. Be drinking this contantly throughout the day. Yes, you will feel like a fish. Within 3 days, work up to drinking a gallon of this a day for up to 2 or 3 weeks, or until your stones pass. Mix this up fresh EACH TIME you make a new quart. (I had a pitcher that held a quart, I made 4 throughout the day.)

What this does is:

The acid in the lemon juice helps to break down the surface of the stones and the Calcium Citrate breaks apart to bond TO the kidney stones to change the stones from Calcium Oxalate to Calcium Maleate.

Bodies like handing on to Calcium oxalate - we actually can't get rid of it. By drinking lemon water and calcium citrate, you are providing an easy way for the calcium to change form and be excreted.

The lemon juice also 'irritates' (but in a good way) the kidneys, urethra, and bladder, so that any irritants are 'pushed out'. I did this for 2 entire weeks and FINALLY got rid of some stones. The stones clumped together, and sure enough, there was 3 or 4, just like the MRI said.

If your stones aren't calcium based (calcium are white to grayish), they will be a green or even orange/brown. This is an indicator of liver malfunction - the body is dumping too much bile and it's not being filtered out by the liver or kidneys, hence a stone.

I've had these too - now I'm going through a body cleanse and a liver detox. I feel great. smile

This might also sound strange, but even though I was in extreme pain, I PURPOSELY drove over bumpy roads to help 'jostle' things along. It did indeed help. Some people jump down steps.

Now for the disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Any information herein is not intended to diagnose, treat or prescribe. I am just sharing personal experiences and knowledge. Thank You! bowcurtsey

Before you try any home made remedies, find out the base of the stones. I say this from experience, I tried several naturapath methods, herbal books etc. I then discovered that they had made the problem worse! The kidney stone I had was formed from too much uric acid, Vitamin C was the worst thing for it. It actually helped it grow. I now take pro gout treatment and will for the rest of my life according to the doctors.

My husband had kidney stones since a small child of 6. A Urologist finally ran all kind of test on him in 1990 after I took him to the ER and the x-ray showed he had 11 stones in one kidney and 9 in the other. His system doesn't produce enough uricacid ie. potassium K. They had to do a lipatripsy then and put him on potassium K for life. Until a pharmacist here told us that we were just paying extra for straight potassium, now he takes 1000 mg potassium a day and has not had a stone since. Also he is allergic to penicillian in any form, and every ER he ever went to found out that morphine does NOT faze him, they have to use demerol or a codien based pain killer.

Originally Posted By: Karen
My husband had kidney stones since a small child of 6. A Urologist finally ran all kind of test on him in 1990 after I took him to the ER and the x-ray showed he had 11 stones in one kidney and 9 in the other. His system doesn't produce enough uricacid ie. potassium K. They had to do a lipatripsy then and put him on potassium K for life. Until a pharmacist here told us that we were just paying extra for straight potassium, now he takes 1000 mg potassium a day and has not had a stone since. Also he is allergic to penicillian in any form, and every ER he ever went to found out that morphine does NOT faze him, they have to use demerol or a codien based pain killer.

I can't believe all those stones. I have 4 right now.

I have to tell you that when I tell the ER doctor that Morphine won't work on me and on demerol will, they treat me like a junky looking for a specific drug. Sometimes I'm made to wait to see if I'm really in pain or faking it. This has happened in two hospitals. Although morphine is great for pain after surgery, it does squat for stones. Codine is alright but make we throw up.

Thank you all for the tips. bighug As soon as I get the results, I'll put some of the home remedies to work...Some things got to help.

Archived