MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Jars On Sale!

Trudy

I don't know if all Fred's have the same sale or not, but ours has reg. mouth pint and quart jars for $4 a dz. and wide mouths for 4.50. Lids for .75. All other canning supplies were 25% off.

DH took me back to Fred's and got 4 boxes of jelly jars for $4 each and 4 boxes of Sure-Jell for 1.90 each. I bought a quart bag of bulk fruit pectin for $2 from an Amish store when we went to Indiana last year. Now that dd has moved back home, I don't have a reason to go there now. I guess I need to check out prices and order some. ScrubbieLady, the wide mouth jars are Ball, and the reg. were Golden Harvest. Dee, Fred's is a Dollar Store. Maybe it's just a southern chain? They have the best prices on jars all year long. Mostly Golden Harvest brand and their reg. jar flats are always $1 a dozen. I've never had a problem with them.

I bought some bulk pectin from the Amish last year and I didn't like it. None of my jars of jelly/jam set up no matter what fruit I used. I went back to Sure-Jel.

I've bought Golden Harvest jars and flats both at Dollar General and never had a problem. I like their prices at the end of the season but they aren't as good as Fred's. :)

DH took me back to Fred's and got 4 boxes of jelly jars for $4 each and 4 boxes of Sure-Jell for 1.90 each. I bought a quart bag of bulk fruit pectin for $2 from an Amish store when we went to Indiana last year. Now that dd has moved back home, I don't have a reason to go there now. I guess I need to check out prices and order some. ScrubbieLady, the wide mouth jars are Ball, and the reg. were Golden Harvest. Dee, Fred's is a Dollar Store. Maybe it's just a southern chain? They have the best prices on jars all year long. Mostly Golden Harvest brand and their reg. jar flats are always $1 a dozen. I've never had a problem with them.

I know about Fred's. Their home office is in Memphis and my hubby used to work about 1/2 mile down the road. I buy all my canning jars and lids(Golden Harvest) from them. No one around here beats the prices. They are actually in the southeast.

Anybody want to check....if you are in the southeast check here to see if there is a Fred's near you.

http://www.fredsinc.com/