Durham

All the above are from New York, mostly Pitcairn, St Lawrence

Fitzpatrick

Tennery

Price

Stone

Schroeder

Breno

The above have been in Michigan for years.

My line

Lucas

Whitehead

Strong

Bowman

Markham (Marcum)

creech

Looney

Boggs

Mclure

Lucas/Strong/bowman/Creech are from kentucky

Looney is from Arkansas

Whitehead is from Pennsylvania

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

here are some names from hubbies side

WEIXEL(russian), Van Syckle, Schauer,,,,,,,,,,now mine gets difficult..........Basemore, from MS, Dozier from MS, Mageehon from Nebraska and married a sylvester...........Squires that came to the states in 1800's.....Peterbaugh that lived in Neb,,,,,,thanks and take care and keep the faith :clothesline:

I'm gonna add my list too, most of mine are still in S.C. all the way back to the 2nd Bull Run.

Simmons

King

Lawson

Woodward

Avinger

Lindler

Taylor

Griffin

Griffith

Tumblin

Malloy

Smith

Harrison

Heaton

Young

Harvey

Murph

Green

LeMaster

Brown

Grissum.

If any of these sound familar let me know.

My mom's maiden name is Taylor. Her dad was William Isaac Taylor married to Daisy Lee Hopper.

My DD's husband (soon to be ex) is a LeMaster. I think they are from Ohio or Iowa.

Family names I am researching include:

House

Taylor

Hopper

Walther

Thomas

McElroy

The Taylors and Hoppers are most recently from Alabama but I think there may be some NC connections. McElroy could be Alabama, Texas, and Michigan.

The family names I am wanting info on are:

Klamm, Stearns (both in the Kansas area)

Millar, Floyd (Northern Ireland mostly) or Millar (NOT miller.) in the USA/Canada

Hey Robie, My Hubby went to school with a Roberson. He is still in touch with him. Also, carr in post #4 in this thread listed Roberson in her list of family names. If you want, send me a PM and I can give you info on DH's friend....pigzzilla

• 9 months later...

Great!! I'll list some of mine now:

Roberson

Smith

Miller

Moore

Bailey ? maybe

Welch

Ferguson

Hurst

Lambeth (secondary - in connection with Hursts and Lambeths)

My maiden name is Miller, I dont have a lot of info but what I do know is they settled in the Louisiana/Mississippi area when they came down from through Canada from Germany, they were originally Muellers but didn't want anyone to know they were German so they changed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just getting started (and I'm not sure how much farther I can go since I've pretty much tapped out Ancestry.com), but I'm researching:

McMurry (Georgia)

Stephens (Georgia)

Mathes (Oregon)

Plenart (France/Austria to Oregon)

Knutson (Wisconsin)

Cotant (Iowa)

Brand (New York)

Venne (Wisconsin)

Foutain (Wisconsin or Canada)

• 1 year later...

I have Hearn's in my line. They came from England. They entered the USA through the Mid-Atlantic states. They migrated to Georgia and Alabama. After the Civil War they migrated to Texas and Oklahoma. If you think we have a match, let me know. Big Daddy D

• 7 months later...

Hi folks. Just noticed with surprise that this forum section existed. I'm now using a program called RootsMagic that I love since it connects directly with the free LDS database (familysearch.com). For years I've used free PAF but they've discontinued it recently since they can't keep up with needed software advances.

I've charted my bloodline back to the 100's which is kind of exciting. I just recently determined that I'm connected to the British royalty through my father's line (Hicks, Stanclift, Treat) which got me curious about the current royal family of Prince Charles & Kate so I worked the line forward. Turns out I'm their 15th cousin (1 removed). Cool.

I'm also related to Brigham Young (prophet in LDS Church) and farther back to a Witch (Mary Bliss Parsons) involved with the Salem Witch Trials. She actually defended herself and won early on. Guess that's why I exist. My grandmother also told me I had an infamous Horse Thief in the family, but I can't find out the details since a cousin stored our grandmother's genealogy records (50+ years worth) after her death and can't be bothered accessing or sharing them. What a loss of researched information.

Some of the surnames in my line that I'm interested in are:

Holmes

Snow

Budge

Morgan

Phelps

Wichman/Vickman

• 1 month later...

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

WELCOME-snowbridge-julea_zpsfd31bd4c.gif to the Family Album. :)

I do hope you will be able to find who you are looking for. I know it took my family years and years to find some and we are still looking for our 'Jones' 3rd Great-Grandparents. It just drops off with our 2nd great grandfather.

enjoyyourdaysnowman.gifHUGS37.gif

• 7 months later...

So far I'm looking into

Brown

Finley

I figured I'd go as far as I could there before following the maternal names. So far I've been able to get to the early 1900's and found a great uncle who died on the USS Johnston during WW2. Does anyone know how I can learn how he died? Some died on the ship, some on rafts of battle injury but most of those who died were alive in the water but disappeared.

• 9 years later...

Hi, I know it has been a very long time since anyone has posted in here, but thought if it were brought up again, someone might see it and go through and see who has what name in their lines.   

I'm still looking for Jones   I know there are other names, but can't think right off hand.  

Snowmom