MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone in Alabama?

I was just wondering if anyone is in Alabama? I just found a long-lost aunt, four half-brothers, and a pile of cousins there. My aunt lives in Glencoe. I have other family in Cullman.

My mom's side of the family would be Hopper and Taylor. My dad's side would be Tidmore and McElroy. I've been working on my family history for several years now. I was thrilled to finally find an aunt (my dad's sister). She contacted me years ago shortly before my dad died. He had left my mom and me and gone back there. He died of a heart attack. I finally mangaged to find her when a cousin ran across my family tree on ancestory.com. She messaged me and got my information to my aunt. I am planning to make a trip to that area to do some in-person research and finally meet my relatives including four half-brothers. I'm sure we have a lot of catching up to do. :gathering:

I used to have people all over Alabama, from the Tennessee Valley down to Citronelle, but we're not in touch any more. I sort of keep track of people in Ashford. Sort of. :sEm_blush: Not very Southern of me, is that?

I live in North Alabama at Lake Guntersville.

I go to Cullman occasionally. It is a small scenic town founded by Germans a little over 100 years ago. Glencoe is just a few miles away from Cullman.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My mom's side of the family would be Hopper and Taylor. My dad's side would be Tidmore and McElroy. I've been working on my family history for several years now. I was thrilled to finally find an aunt (my dad's sister). She contacted me years ago shortly before my dad died. He had left my mom and me and gone back there. He died of a heart attack. I finally mangaged to find her when a cousin ran across my family tree on ancestory.com. She messaged me and got my information to my aunt. I am planning to make a trip to that area to do some in-person research and finally meet my relatives including four half-brothers. I'm sure we have a lot of catching up to do. :gathering:

Hello, been a long long time since I've been here. But wanted to tell ya, I'm in Cullman. And if you are related to Hoppers, then you may be related to my mother's best friend in high school who introduced her to my father... Actually they are from the Garden City area.

Hope you were able to make it down and able to finally meet some of your family.

Edited by DJgang