MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Spanking Children

mommato3boys

Most of America 's populace think it improper to spank children.

The other day I was talking to one of my younger buddies about

methods used to discipline children.

We talked about "time outs", grounding, holding back "rewards" until the child displayed desired behavior etc. One of the things we discussed was the act of spanking and my friend explained that no, he does not spank any of his children.

He explained that what he does is to take the misbehaving child out for a ride in the car and talk. He said that usually this works and that the child calms down fairly quickly and really doesn't take too much time.

By removing the child, in this case his son, from the immediate situation and providing a change of scenery, the child is allowed to focus on something different. Once the child has the opportunity to change

perspective, things get better quickly and the child has better

understanding of his place within the family and begins to understand the families concept of acceptable behavior.

He kindly shared a picture of the process which I share with you now.

KidOnCarHood.jpg

• 1 month later...

(covers eyes) la la la la (sings happy song) I can't see this - the teacher in me has to report child 'abuse'...

HOWEVER, as an auntie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love the speed noting 99 mph. If more parents took such time to reason with their children, the world would be a better place. wink

Archived