MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

drumrunner still here....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drummie, you are indeed a light in this world! I'm so happy for you and proud of you too. Mrs. Drumrunner must be a wonderful lady and we send love and encouragement to her too.

Jeepers, my Mrs. is an absolute sweetheart and has been my rock (of course not the ROCK, only one of Him) that has kept me cheered up, prodded when necessary, loved me through thick and thin, and in general has been the person I have leaned on for encouragement and strength during this totally weird experience. By the way, last month we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Incredible that the time has flown past so quickly. Leyla and I met while I was working in her country, Turkey, as a civilian engineer for NATO. We wed 18 moths later and came back to the USA where she studied hard, took the oath and is now a full US citizen (that obvious fact is shown in how eloquently she complains about our politicians now after her first vote!). With God's blessings, we are hoping for a 30th anniversary.

Well, almost time for my third nap of the day. A restful Sabbath to be sure!

The encouragement you give through your testimony is, in itself, a blessing to others. :hug3:

You'd be a fascinating male "blogger". So many of today's world-minded people think a Christian is less than wise and "manly".

Thank You, God, for allowing our friend to not only open his eyes to Your blessings, but to share with us here. :pray:

Cat, that makes my day knowing that I have encouraged folks to be true to the God that created us all. Ah..... as far a blogging, probably not as I keep my writings for my brothers and sisters in Christ, the world cannot not comprehend things that are spiritual. And I have no doubt that the worldly minded people have the idea that Christian men (and women) are weak, but WE ARE! Christ in us makes us strong, only Him. Without Jesus we can do nothing on our own. But, the world will soon learn that the Man who was so humble and gentle, was crucified for my sins and rose again on the third day, is coming back again for their judgment. He IS coming back and will not be in a good mood.

Wise and Manly? Hmmmm.....Moses, Joshua, Gabriel, David, Sampson, Samuel, Elijah, Solomon, Daniel....and Jesus Christ Himself. I could go on, but the men in my Bible are excellent examples of real men who obeyed their God to the letter and accomplished though the Lord what the world considered impossible. My God is all powerful, all knowing, all holy, all wise, all loving....and is a Jealous God (Exodus 20: 4-5). Therefore....since my God is jealous FOR me, the world's opinion matters absolutely nothing.

https://bible.org/seriespage/jealous-god Worth reading

Edited by Annarchy
Fixed quote box.

Thank you DR for being here and sharing. You have renewed my hope. Sadly, when I hear someone has cancer, I have not seen one of them live very long after. Maybe it is because they see it as a death sentence and thus walk that path. I don't know. But, listening/reading what you have shared, (and a few other people here), is giving me a different perspective. God DOES hear our prayers and He DOES heal. It is not just a thing done in the past....

May God bless you bountifully.

:pray:

This is my favorite Psalm

Psalm 131 A song of ascents. Of David.

1 My heart is not proud, Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

3 Israel, put your hope in the Lord