MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need help to get sound back on my computer.

My temperamental laptop ( windows vista) is doing it again and its been so long I don't know how to turn my sound back on , nope it is NOT muted. I checked. Says its not disabled via computer control panel to devices .... too.......

HALP!

I appreciate it.

well , for some reason, its working this evening! When I checked the devices in the control panel , I just clicked okay when it said it was working fine, and was not disabled according to that.

Tried to see if it would work on one website I listen to a podcast on and it worked finally, some hours after I had the problem..... weird.

I will look at that link though, Cat! Thanks!

Vista, Microsoft has quit software updates. I have found, though the years, when they discontinue service, somehow, updates tend to tweak the older systems and cause 'glitches'. My XP system constantly did that, until I gave up on it.

:tinfoilhatsmile: WARNING......

I sincerely believe, they do it on purpose. Sales.... it's all about the money.... frustrate you enough to make you buy their new product.

:tinfoilhatsmile:

I've had issues like that before too. One time I couldn't get sound. I tried everything I knew to do. Computer said it was okay, sound board was fine and I had the sound turned on. Unfortunately, I didn't have the little scroll bar, on the site I was on, pushed all the way over. No puppy sounds for me that day. :blush: