MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Always something new

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/02/china-begins-tests-giant-elevated-bus/

Who thinks up these ways of remaking our civilization? I certainly don't have that type of creativity. It would be great to get buses out of the equation tho. I've driven buses and the 'tiny traffic' is a royal pain. I've had a tourist car slip into a parallel parking spot that I was in the process of backing into. ......course I went back and told them in no uncertain terms to GET OUTTA MY SPOT OR I'LL CALL THE COPS AND I'M LOCAL! :motz_6: ..and they did!

MtRider ....driving these would be ....interesting! :lol:

The cars have to stay within the outside rails that the 'bus' sits up on.

Very confining for the cars but no worse than going thru tunnels.

MtRider ....tunnels that move tho :blink: That might create optical distortions? You're sitting still but looks like you're going backwards?

If you look at long lines of traffic there are always a few folks who are way over the lines..usually trying to look or ahead, merge or see if they can run up the shoulder. It seems like they would have to outlaw this so the big bus could drive through.

I think....looks like cars would be driving in a 'U' shaped "containment". There would be side rails so this would be impossible and it looks like single lane of traffic in the 'bus lane'. The bus would be rolling on the outside... on a set track.

...that's how I'm seeing it. I do not believe the 'bus' could be free to drive all over....must be on a set track. :shrug: See how the outer 'legs' of the 'bus' are between the two rails?

One thing's for sure....you'd have to be very sure of you top clearance before getting into the Overhead Bus Lane!!!

AND....would not want any litter thrown from cars into the bus's track....

MtRider :pc_coffee: More like a version of 'train' than 'bus'

Edited by Mt_Rider