MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Mother's Day

We've talked to both moms by phone. Gravely disappointed that lunch at the steak place is out for today with my folks. More snow coming in...tho not as much as yesterday/last nite. Just have to adjust plans to another day. So glad I dropped off her flowers and card on Thursday! Wonder if my dad is fixing soup....cuz she said she wasn't cooking on Mother's day. ;) Weather wasn't a consideration when she said it tho.... :lol:

Y'all in the east that are having 'weather' too....stay safe in your celebration plans.

MtRider :bouquet:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will now celebrate "Me Day" and did I enjoy it! We put shepherds hooks on family grave sites, including my mothers and hung wind chimes, twirling sunflowers etc., on them! Have a dear friend who just retired from being a professor at a college and we're having a party for her, so we bought a pretty summerish bag and stuffed it with flip flops, a straw hat (that I'm going to put a ribbon on with a stickpen butterfly), some sunscreen, a Chicken Soup for the Soul word search book, and two plastic wine glasses, with a bottle of Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider/Apple flavor from my private stash:-) Then MrWE2 took me to a lavish breakfast then we "toured" in Miss B. Stopped and visited with my dad and his wife on the way home. Lots of rain during the earlier hours but turned out to be a pretty decent day :-)