MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dog Days of summer

Nope not this year.

Last night I shut all the windows and put a extra blanket on the bed for DH. It has been a very cool summer.

Our tomatoes are slowly ripening due to a slightly late start and the weather. The nasty rabbits chewed off all the green beans and coons got into the corn this past weekend.
The zucchini and cucumbers plants didn't make it this spring. Just about the only thing s we are going to get out of the garden are tomatoes when they ripen , sweet and hot peppers and onions so I'm hoping to can some salsa, spaghetti sauce and sloppy joe sauce .

I do have some wonderful friends who said they are will share green beans, zucchini, cucumbers. Son wants to make pickles so it's nice to have friends with extra they are willing to share.

Today the high temp was 75!!!!!! This is Alabama and usually mid July to early September is pretty hot and humid. It was just gorgeous with a light breeze. Tonight we will get in the upper 50"s. Hard to believe but we'll take it.

This has been a strange summer. Temperature was 56 at my house this morning when I left for work. High in the mid 80s today. Tomorrow mid 70s. Just unheard of in this part of the country for this time of the year. I'm worried we're in for an even colder winter than this past one.

After a couple of weeks not getting any lower then the 90's at night, we've had a couple of nights down around 78*F. It's been around 110 - 119 but...

the meteorologists are saying we are going to drop to 103 this weekend. Going to have to pull out my sweater. LOL

Strange summer here too. A couple of evenings it was down right chilly. For the last few weeks it has been in the high seventies and low in the mid 50's. I just looked at the 7 day forecast and it is going to be the same next week. A couple of days this month it made it up to 81. One thing though, my electric bill is loving it. I had to turn the air on for about two days in June and that has been it. If I had a downstairs bedroom, I wouldn't have had to use it at all.

• 4 weeks later...