MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So, where are you?

Cat

I'm just tired, so tired, a lot these days. Life keeps us all busy. :sigh:

Would you care to give an update?

Where are you on this journey?

Have you taken steps to be more prepared for any "tough times" in your life?

Is life beating you down so it's too difficult right now?

What lessons have you learned?

Are you teaching others in your life? How? What are you teaching them?

What might you see as your most difficult challenges? Your greatest achievements?

Looking back, what have you overcome?

What do you need to continue to work on?

I don't say it often enough, but each person who peeks in here - I pray for you, too. I ask God to help you, to encourage you, to give you hope and a feeling of "can-DO!"

:hug3:

Yup, Momo... Maybe JUST a "teeny tiny"!!!! :D

:hug3:

I guess I'm just wondering how everyone is. I miss so many who used to post, and I just want to encourage a bit of "real" conversation. Life just keeps us all SO busy! :grouphug:

Right when I think I have things sorted for a while... a wrench falls into the works.

I've got a good job, that I like. I've got potential for advancement/a raise. I've killed my old medical bills and almost have the car paid off. I'm maxing out my Roth. My depression is well managed. I've managed to drop some weight.

Sounds like a good time to try for a baby, right? Nope, more fibroid surgery. More delay. I've been to this dance before. It is not fun.

Though sometimes I wonder about the sort of world I'd be bringing a kid into. I don't see the economy really improving in the future. I hope I'm wrong. Hell, I'm not even pregnant yet and I worry about paying for college. Some days I feel like the job and house stuff is overwhelming. But I also want a daughter with hazel eyes. On the bright side, the prenatal vitamins have done wonders for my nails! :nail:

I really can't do the homemaker thing, though. Nowadays once you fall off the career ladder you have a hell of a time getting back on.

I just pray for guidance and ask for understanding that where I am is where I need to be.

I have had a VERY (so far) frustrating week. When I thought about the little nagging loose ends I have to take care of I realized that nearly all of them were caused by someone else not doing their job! Why should I have to call Blue Cross for a third time to request a form to be mailed to me? Why did the lady at Taco Bell today just leave the counter and go outside to visit her boyfriend, leaving DH to stand there with no explanation? Why did the Cpap machine parts I ordered on May 8th just arrive at the wrong branch of the medical supply store today? (Of course no one ever called me..I had to call twice to see what was going on) Why did the ER charge us for drugs that DH did not take on his last visit? Why did Charter raise my bill 50% when I dropped channels? There's more..do you have a few hours? LOL

Life is busy for us...and good. A friend just retired and when I teased her about "how does it feel to be retired?" her answer was "I'm working my ... off!" But that's the way retirement should be ... not setting around growing old. We've been working our tails off trying to get the Homestead house emptied of Mother's things. Had no idea the stuff she had! Son has his name on the waiting list for subsidized housing for handicap/low income so he knows he's not in our plans for the Homestead house. The only thing we've managed to get done at the Roost is mow :-( Hopefully we'll get the Homestead cleared out and then we'll be able to concentrate on the Roost. We've made some major decisions this past couple of weeks, and trusting God that we're following His plan for our lives. Anyway...we're feeling "settled" now that we've made those decisions. Still lots and lots of work ahead of us, and at our age it's just that ... WORK. We're way over 60 but thanks be to our Lord, still going strong. I still have a moment or two when I'd like to pick up the phone and give Mother a call, but I know she's happier with Jesus that she was this past few years, and definitely not suffering with the COPD, Asthma & allergies etc. cooped up in the house most of the time and in the hospital 2 or 3 times each year. When I found her, her face showed me "peace" ... and that's what Jesus is all about. I seem to always find His peace when I'm in His will.

:pray: for y'all. Amen, WE2

DH and I are scrambling in a fog. Major changes in the next months to year. Hopefully a move. My folks are crucial to our future plans. The fog is from still lacking adequate sleep but since God already told me that HE has my back on that, I just keep on. Some amazing things that ONLY come from God are happening. This timing is allllll HIS. Remember how I kept saying I wouldn't know where/when to move till HE began things......HE began things. But still hasn't revealed where/when/how. Just to keep the stress on HIS choices and our faith. Know what I mean?

And computer is wheezing, grumbling. If I disappear....that would be the reason. Hope it will last a bit longer.....new computers are SUCH a pain. :0327: Too many changes now.... But I can still show up on DH's computer but can't sit in the chair too long. :pc_coffee:

MtRider :hi:

Edited by Mt_Rider

And computer is wheezing, grumbling. If I disappear....that would be the reason. Hope it will last a bit longer.....new computers are SUCH a pain. :0327: Too many changes now.... But I can still show up on DH's computer but can't sit in the chair too long. :pc_coffee:

MtRider :hi:

External hard drives and USB thumb drives are really dang cheap now. Your bookmarks, etc are simply a file you transfer over like anything else. When you get a computer, stay away from Windows 8. d**m but it's confusing. And this is from someone who fixes computers for a living. :scratchhead: Almost enough for me to say "screw it I'll focus on Unix stuff."

Blessed are the paranoid, for they hath made backups.

Where are you on this journey?

When I joined this site in 2006 I was feeling....scared. I had been 'kindof' looking into preparedness since the Y2K scare. Certain aspects have been something I had always been into. Girl Scouts, camping, gardening, FFA. In 2006 I looked at my kids and family members and was just terrified that I couldn't take care of them. It's a very stressful way to be.

Have you taken steps to be more prepared for any "tough times" in your life?

Definitely more prepared than I was then because of the wonderful wealth of knowledge here.

Is life beating you down so it's too difficult right now?

I've discovered that sometimes life is hard and sometimes it's not. Times are difficult but they will (hopefully) get better.

What lessons have you learned?

I've learned to rely on God to get me through the hard times. Also learned that a lot of preparedness is mental.

Are you teaching others in your life? How? What are you teaching them?

Over the years I've talked about the need for preparedness to close family members. That didn't necessarily go over so well...especially with tv shows that make preppers look looney. Now I take the approach of raising chickens for fresh eggs and gardening for healthy food and using a solar oven saves electricity...and so on. Sometimes it's all in the way you word it. Also has helped that food storage has helped through two years of hubby's unemployment and some other difficult times.

What might you see as your most difficult challenges? Your greatest achievements?

I think the hardest thing is doing so much of it alone. I really envy those of you who have others who work alongside of you. Greatest achievement: I'm still alive and kickin'!

Looking back, what have you overcome?

Big relationship issues....unemployment...big health issues now that prevent hubby from working.

What do you need to continue to work on?

I seem to be continuously trying to build my preps back up....

I can't tell everyone enough how much I appreciate the encouragement...the love..and the willingness to help. I love you guys! :grouphug: