MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I wanted to post this here so I can find it to keep it updated, and track our progress :-)

Hang on shorty...this might be a fast trip!

Bought the ingredients to make up a batch of "Master Tonic". Says it's some pretty good stuff so we're gonna try it. Recipe:

1 32oz bottle of apple cider vinegar (Braggs ACV recommended)

1/4 cup garlic

1/4 cup onions

2 of the hottest peppers you can find ...WEAR GLOVES!

1/4 cup ginger

2 tablespoons of grated horseradish

2 tablespoons of Tumeric root (chunks) (I couldn't find, so will use the powdered kind)

Blend all ingredients except apple cider vinegar, together in a bowl

Fill canning jar 2/3 full of mixture, and fill rest with apple cider vinegar

Close tightly and shake.

Keep jar(s) in a cool dry place for 2 weeks, shaking several times every day

After 14 days, strain though a strainer first, then again through cheesecloth

The tonic is now ready for use ... no need to refrigerate

Start slowly, the tonic is VERY strong and hot

Gargle a 1 tablespoon full & swallow every day

eat a slice of orange, lemon or lime to ease the burning

Increase the amount every day until you can tolerate a "shot" glass every day.

I wish I could but my mouth starts to burn using MILD sauce from Taco Bell. Me on the mild stuff ----> :motz_6:

MrWE2 sweats at the thought of anything hotter than the mild taco sauces...BUT he's needing some help (and I can benefit too!) addressing health issues ... naturally, rather than pills and is willing to give it a "shot" LOL! We started drinking the ACV with Mio about a week ago and he's lost 3# and I've lot another 1#. If the Master Tonic is even better...it will be like music to our ears :-)

I wish I could but my mouth starts to burn using MILD sauce from Taco Bell. Me on the mild stuff ----> :motz_6:

MrWE2 sweats at the thought of anything hotter than the mild taco sauces...BUT he's needing some help (and I can benefit too!) addressing health issues ... naturally, rather than pills and is willing to give it a "shot" LOL! We started drinking the ACV with Mio about a week ago and he's lost 3# and I've lot another 1#. If the Master Tonic is even better...it will be like music to our ears :-)

Update...He's down a total since January of 15# and I'm down since the hyst. in July, 10#. But...we've reduced our carb count and he's pretty much off Dr.Pepper and tortilla chips...except at a friend's party last night :-( We'll be wearing that meal in 24 hours :-(

Today was Master Tonic day. We strained it through #50 cheesecloth & poured it into a quart jar. THEN ... we both took our first spoon full :-) I just poured mine to the back of my throat and down it went. No problem, but I eat jalapenos on a regular basis. MrWE2 ... it did indeed light him up :-( So he chased it with 2 sp. of lemon juice and a couple of crackers. He kept it down...that's good. I'll probably get to the shot glass full before he does. We're sure hoping it's as good as all the reports say it is ... especially if it de-sensitizes MrWE2 somewhat to hot stuff :-) I marked the calendar so we can track the effects ... if any.

• 4 years later...

it sounds like one serious hasal congestion clearer, too, LOL.  I used to eat packets of Taco Bel fire sauce straight when I had a sinus headache!  Worked every time.

OW!   I just chew peppermint gum and take some herbal allergy capsules.  The gum works fast both with the mint and the mechanical action of chewing works on the sinus area too. 

MtRider  ......canNOT do ANY desperately hot-spice stuff.  OW!  :campfire: