MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

"When a little cayenne is combined with plantain (leaves) and applied as a poultice, it has remarkable powers to draw out any foreign object embedded in the flesh." - Michael Tierra, OMD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantago_major

http://essmextension.tamu.edu/plants/plant/plantain/#images

Plantain grows everywhere around here! :hapydancsmil:

I haven't seen plantain since I left Iowa. I use soft gluey white bread moistened with milk. Squish into where you've been TRYING to dig out the danged splinter. Apply a bandaid tightly over the glob. Wait until it's quite dry. Then pull off bandaid...which glob will now be attached to, hopefully. The OFFENDING THING should be glued to the dried glob. If not, try again and it will often succeed.

MtRider.....worked with lots of kids with splinters. I'm terribly slow but usually fairly painless, especially if the patient is ME! :happy0203:

My son often had small boils that would appear on his arms etc. I took white bread, trimmed off the crust, mixed up some evaporated milk and some sugar into a liquidy paste, soaked the bread, pressed it onto the boil, bandaged it, and usually the next morning all he had wa a "hole" where the poultice had drawn out the yuck. Cold egg yolks are good for facial problems. Wash, spread beaten yoke on your face, let it dry and then wash it off. Pretty good facial treatment that I learned from a Korean/Chinese friend.