MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Haven't been around

Hi. I haven't been on the site in quite awhile. Life has been intense. Those of you who know me know that my mom lived with me for quite awhile then went to stay with my sister. Mom died in early Feb. My sister almost died with lung cancer last year. While she was recovering, Mom stayed with me again. Now I'm sorting through Mom's stuff. My sister is coming out in June to help. In some ways, I am dealing with everything ok, in other ways not so much. I feel guilty about not keeping Mom with me, but circumstances made it really hard. My DD and her two little guys live with me and Mom made that really hard.

At this point, life is moving forward as it must.

:hug3: Welcome home, goatherder! So glad you saw the light in the window - we keep it burning for our friends. :)

Try not to carry that guilt - it can get a bit too heavy to carry very long. You did the *best* that you could. :hug3:

Though I certainly understand because things still crop up in my life even after nearly 3 years after Mom's death. Not guilt as much as the hurt, but I can rest knowing that I always did what I could to help her no matter how she treated me, and fulfilled my "duty" according to God's Word.

• 2 weeks later...

GOODMORNINGDOGS2.jpg

Goatherder,

Please don't feel guilty, it can really make you sick. I've been there done that. It took me several years to let it go.

Know that you did what you could and that is all you could have done.

I am so sorry about your loss.

WELCOMEBACK.gif

I am also sorry for your loss, Katz25.

thsnag101ht.gif