MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How to make your own Ezekiel (sprouted) bread

I buy Ezekiel bread at the store because it's really better for my family's digestion. The price is high, so I'd like to learn how to make it myself. It's a sprouted bread and I wondered if anyone here has ever made it before and has a recipe to share.

Here's one recipe I found online:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/ezekiel-bread-ingredients.html

So, what exactly is "Ezekiel bread"? Ezekiel is a priest mentioned in the Bible, who preached for almost 22 years sometime in the 6th century B.C. And Ezekiel bread, also referred as "Bible bread", is a typical bread that was consumed by Ezekiel during his wilderness. This bread is mentioned in Ezekiel 4: 9, of the Bible, which goes like this, "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it". It is said that, because of the typical ingredients of this bread, Ezekiel could survive in the wilderness. Wheat, barley, lentils and different types of beans are some of the main Ezekiel bread ingredients. Before taking a look at the Ezekiel bread recipe, let us know the Ezekiel bread ingredient list.

* Sprouted wheat

* Filtered water

* Sprouted barley

* Sprouted millet

* Malted barley

* Sprouted lentils

* Sprouted soybeans

* Sprouted spelt

* Fresh yeast

* Wheat gluten

* Sea salt

Ezekiel Bread Recipe

Ezekiel Bread Ingredients

* Active dry yeast - 2 packages (.25 ounce)

* Barley - ½ cup

* Dry green lentils - ¼ cup

* Dry great Northern beans - 2 tablespoons

* Dry kidney beans - 2 tablespoons

* Dried Pinto beans - 2 tablespoons

* Millet - ½ cup

* Honey - 1 cup

* Olive oil - ½ cup

* Warm water - 4 cups

* Spelt flour - 1½ cups

* Wheat berries - 2½ cups

* Salt - 2 tablespoons

Take a large mixing bowl and combine, yeast, water, olive oil and honey, in it. Leave the mixture for about 5 minutes. Then, combine all the beans and grains and mix them together. Grind this mixture with help of a flour mill. Add this freshly ground flour into the mixture of yeast and other ingredients. Mix them together for about 10 minutes to attain a texture of bread batter. Now, take two, 9 x 5 inch, loaf pans and grease them with cooking spray. Pour the dough into these greased pans and keep them in a warm place for about an hour. Then preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and bake the breads for about 50 minutes. Your healthy Ezekiel bread recipe is ready!

Ezekiel Bread Nutrition Information

When it comes to Ezekiel bread nutrition facts, this bread is considered as a very healthy bread. It is said that the combination of all the Ezekiel bread ingredients provides proteins that are present in milk and eggs. It is observed that the proteins obtained from the plant sources contain almost the double amount of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, than obtained from the protein from meat and other animal products. The calories in one slice of Ezekiel bread are very less and hence this bread can be consumed by weight watchers. Researches state that one slice of Ezekiel bread contains 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of proteins. Since the bread is not made from refined flour, it contains very less amount of carbohydrates. Moreover, it does not contain cholesterol, sugar and saturated fats. Ezekiel bread has very low glycemic index and hence, people suffering from diabetes can enjoy eating this bread with worrying about its health risks.

Though there are not many brands that manufacture Ezekiel bread, Ezekiel bread 4:9, is very popular among bread lovers. The Ezekiel bread reviews of this brand, state that this Ezekiel bread is a very good quality bread and is packed with several health benefits. This was a brief information on Ezekiel bread ingredients and its nutrition. Now, when you know how to make Ezekiel bread, prepare this healthy Bible bread and have it for your meals. Happy Living!

Archived