MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Reports from Darlene's house - 2014 Gathering

Mt_Rider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now would I tease you? :happy0203: We just got back from delivering the cows. I can't post any pictures until I get home Sunday. As a tease, Darlene was out lassoing a calf today, and I got rope burns from the calf rope. Tomorrow we start making soap! More later, time to eat. :feedme:

:wormie2:

John

God's timing is always impeccable :). I've been needing to move my Angus and Jerseys to my feed man's farm to have them bred for about 2 months. Last week, I had made arrangements to do it yesterday, not thinking about everyone coming to the get together. When Wormie showed up, the light bulbs went off and I suddenly knew I was not alone in this endeavor :). Wormie may have been a little rusty roping cattle but it came back with a flood as he struggled with the calf who wanted to go in one direction as he tried to lead her in another.

Of COURSE it just took a woman's touch because I would get behind the calf and give her a gentle push (shove) in the right direction and off she'd go. We finally got her loaded into the trailer and off we went. Corralling the Angus was a little bit different. You don't lasso a 1500lb mama cow. We bribed them with grain and carted them off too.

All in all, I couldn't have done it without his help :) although it was hysterically funny at times lolol.

We missed all the excitement by 45 minutes. Oh darn lol.

We've been doing nonstop talking. Breakfast was bacon and eggs on English muffins. Yum!

Now, we are getting ready to make soap!

Side note: Darlene has 5 puppies, who love to talk/ beg/complain to John all night. Such a restful night lol

Yeah, I told Darlene I know why the cowboy's were gloves when around cattle & using a rope. We are waiting for the soap to set for 30 minutes before the next step. The rain has stopped & it is a nice cool day.

Edit: I forgot to log Darlene out. :ashamed0002:

John

Yep, we have puppies. Ao4/5 made a batch of soap, MomM made batch, and Darlene made a batch. We have about 2-3 hours of video of everyone making their batch. I'm pooped and all I did was take videos along with Mr. MomM.

John

I'll take some video's of the puppies for you.

I just deboned 2 chickens for chicken chili. Ao4/5 boys are cutting and splitting wood, Mr. MomM is making spreadsheets for soap recipes, Darlene is making a run to the store. Ao4/5 is sitting around making sure everyone is busy while she sips her water.

John

Edited by WormGuy
Ao4/5 is sitting around making sure everyone is busy while she sips her water.

You're bad, Wormie.

ARen't y'all gonna get bored.....since Darlene doesn't have pigs to get out this time? It's traditionally one of the activities of a Gathering.... :girlneener:

MtRider ...wish we were all there..... :wave:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Whaaaaa......isn't anyone putting holes in little squares on paper yet? I wanted to come do that again!

And the food in Darlene's huge cooking pots! I am quite sure the aroma of that has been taunting me all day. I can smell puppy breath every time you mention them too.

Did MomM and dh get a real bed or are they still in the closet?

Fresh cheese?

Thanksgiving supper early?

Madison hanging out with new friends?

Is there time to make pecan pie? (Or just soap)

Granny? Stefanie and company?

Good music?

Hair cuts?

Recipes to share.

Who ate the hot peppers?

Somebody needs to tell us more.....you surely don't want us all crying about missing out on all the fun.

I even had to have a little shopping therapy to keep me occupied today or my eyeballs would have popped out from checking the forum every five minutes!

Please post more, we're dying here.

We are in Madison's room. Thank you, Madison!

Darlene made chicken chili for dinner, and fresh artisan bread. Wow, was it good!

We learned how to make body lotion today and Darlene cut the soap (that we made on Friday).

The guys and ArmyofFive4God had fun making holes in paper, while MomM and Darlene talked and did chores inside.

We've also had long talks around the dining room table.

Friday it rained, today was beautiful but cool. Fireplace is going, and puppies are talking to Wormguy.

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow.

It's been a blessed weekend.

We miss you all.