MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HI... I'M BACK...AGAIN

still Nana

I was thinking about this place and all of the people I've known here for so long, and thought I'd stop by to say hello. So many things have happenend over the past 7 years; our lives have taken so many twists and turns, I don't even know where to begin. AK lost his job, we sold our house, our grandson has grown up and moved to California with his girlfriend to go to college, we have a new (sort of) granddaughter- she'll be a year old next week, and we moved north to watch her grow up. She's the last grandchild we'll have and we were driving 300 miles round trip once or twice a month to see her; it was exhausting!

When I realized I was never going to stop hating my job, we took a leap of faith and moved. I have to say, every time I said, "Okay God, I need to know which direction I'm supposed to take now." He pushed, I went, and it was the right move.Things are working out, and we are happier, we're passively looking for a new house while we live with our oldest daughter, and I'm back to semi-retirement.

The move itself was so hard, and so stressful for me, I thought I was going to lose my mind. I quit my job in mid Sept., it took us a month to finish moving, and I'm just beginning to recover from the physical toll. I'm really getting too old for that kind of stuff! I feel pretty good right now, though. AK started working two days after we unloaded the truck, and my days of crazy hours, stressful work, and sheer exhaustion at the end of the day seem to be behind me, for now. I have to remember to never say never.

With so much going on, I managed to get type 2 diabetes, and with my insane schedule, I couldn't keep it under control. My blood pressure was also out of control. That too, is now changing.

After saying all of this, I must also say, life is good, always. God is good to me, always. I have so much for which I am thankful, and I look forward to the next chapter of my life, no matter what that entails.

I am back, maybe not everyday but, I'm glad to sit on this porch again. Thanks for keeping the light on.

Love and hugs,

still Nana

NANA NANA NANA NANA!!!!!!!!!!! :cele::hapydancsmil::bounce::hapydancsmil::cele:

I was sorting through old posts a while back and I got to missing you SO much! You must've heard my heart calling... :wub:

:hug3:

(If you want your old ID back, I can help you get there...)

:D Thanks, everyone! I don't know why but, I'm still feeling a little shy. I haven't quite figured out where to jump in or what to say yet. But you know me. Once I start, I won't know how to shut up! :grinning-smiley-044:

Cat, I would love to have my lion tag back, and if I can change my name to this new one, that would be awesome, thank you! I decided to change to 'still Nana' because I'm older, hopefully wiser, a little more calm, and my life in general is very different but, deep down inside, I'm still Nana.

I guess I could start with this; I've learned a lot these past few years and I've done a lot of research and learning about essential oils. The uses for these oils are limitless, and when I first started I was so shocked to realize that God gave us everything we needed to take care of ourselves, and then man got greedy and started synthesizing everything! Most of the medications we take can be replaced by essential oils and herbs! I'm pretty sure ALL of them can but, I still have a lot to learn. If there are any questions I might be able to answer, please ask and I'll try to answer. I still research like a crazy person, so if I don't already have an answer, I'll bet I can find it!

Love and hugs,

still Nana

Good one, MTRider! Also, one for which I have personal experience! I had trouble sleeping for years before I found the solution... and it is so simple. Lavender essential oil. You can diffuse it in your room or put a couple of drops on your hands, rub in and wipe it on your chest, throat or face. I happen to sleep on my side, so it works to have it on my hands. An added bonus is that it is wonderful for your skin! I make a blend that has lavender, that I use around my eyes. It minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and actually helps improve eyesight. No kidding! So many of these oils are absolutely AMAZING! Good luck!

P.S.

I saw that you have mouse problems... I've never tried it but I read somewhere that they HATE peppermint! Put 2 or 3 drops of peppermint essential oil on a cotton ball and put it in the corner of your cabinet. You could even put one in every corner. The bonus on this one is that spiders hate it, too! Just make sure you use pure essential oils, not flavorings or anything diluted. :bow:

Love and hugs,

still Nana

Edited by still Nana

Welcome back Nana!!! :wave::welcome::hug3:

Maybe you could start a thread on essential oils? I'm doing some research myself on what oils to use for chronic back pain (aka sciatica for me).

Edited by dogmom4

Nana, Welcome back!!!

You were already gone by the time I joined up but it's good to see you.

Actually, you were the reason I joined in. I was reading your posts on getting a weekly, monthly and yearly prepping plan set up and copy and pasting and copy and pasting and printing like a wild woman. I really need lists. I usually don't join forums but this was my very first and only survival type forum. So...I'm glad I can thank you 'in person' for all the help you left behind for a then newbie. :bouquet:

• 8 months later...

I'm back again....believe me its been awhile. I have to let everyone know why. I left New mexico to come back to Wisconsin to take care of my husband, Frank. Well, I lost Frank 12/13/13 to a very short battle with a very aggressive cancer. I had to continue working to support my son (17 at the time). After awhile, I ended up running into a long time friend. We took the plunge and got married 1/1/15. I finally can get back to my prepping and enjoy life. :happy0203:

I'm back again....believe me its been awhile. I have to let everyone know why. I left New mexico to come back to Wisconsin to take care of my husband, Frank. Well, I lost Frank 12/13/13 to a very short battle with a very aggressive cancer. I had to continue working to support my son (17 at the time). After awhile, I ended up running into a long time friend. We took the plunge and got married 1/1/15. I finally can get back to my prepping and enjoy life. :happy0203:

"sort of" been there and done that. When my first husband passed (after 42 years of marriage) I didn't have any children at home...of which I so thankful. I also met the love of my life! Life is REALLY good for me these days :-)

• 4 months later...

I'm still here, on occasion. I have a lot going on in my life right now; I'm aware that everyone has, it's just that I've had constant stress for many months now. The Admiral and I are moving in less than 2 weeks- I HATE moving!- but I may finally get some quiet time and a little peace to go with it. Don't let anyone fool you into thinikng that things get calmer when your children grow up. It simply isn't true. My only son (by birth) died in September; very suddenly and without warning. He was fine, then in 24 hours he went from unconcious to gone. He died of sepsis, a blood infection. He was 43 years old. I think I'm still in shock. I can actually convince myself it isn't true from time to time. It's a strange feeling. I'm okay though. I really am.

I have a 2 yo granddaughter that is an absolute joy! I babysit while her mother is at work, and have for the last 15 months. She just turned 2 on Thanksgiving. She is funny, smart, sweet and spoiled rotten! She also knows that the things she gets away with, with her mom, simply don't work with me. I love being with her but I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for this. I'm going to cut back on the number of days I watch her. Living here with them, I spend time with her whenever she wants, even when her mom is home. It is beginning to wear me out. I'll pop in a little later; I won't stay gone as long this time. I miss being here sometimes. Take care everyone. Hugs & love to all!

still Nana

Edited by still Nana