MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

On the internet --(IN THE HOUSE) Woohoo!!!!!

:hapydancsmil: This is my happy dance!! So glad you are back! :imoksmiley: Wow! I got a little exited there... That's the most I've moved in a long time!!

I..........am lobbying for chickens in the Spring! Dogs are all fine and so are dh and I!

It is very nice to hear you all are OK.

I keep telling DH "I want". Neighbor got some and the other neighbor said he was going to get some too. :pout:

Makes me fond of the times I've lived in the country and had chicken/chicks, cows/calves, and pigs/piglets! Kids often tease me about the time I picked up a brand new piglet, kissed it on top of it's head, and then promptly docked it's tail and teeth, anointing it with Betodine solution and presented it back to it's momma sow! Even dusted a few and gave them to another momma (had several farrowing at same time) so all would share in the burden! LOL

Hello Miki, good to see you back online again. First Christmas on your house will be special.

Looking forward to hear all about it. xxx

I have read about so many folks keeping chickens in the house when they are small or it is cold. I have one of those big tubs which I have no use for--showers only. I can see me keeping a bunch in there but can't see my dh living with me at the time. LOL Would drive the pups crazy too! It's about bedtime and I have banana breads to make tomorrow if I don't help at the dairy. Stay well peeps!

I took the big tub out of the master bath here. There is a smaller tub in the other bathroom, left that one. I put a big shower in where the tub was in the master bath and removed the small rinky-dink shower. Now I have room for a deep freeze in the bathroom. The freezer wouldn't fit down the hall and make the turn into the spare bedroom.

I just moved the chicks to the back deck in a jumbo dog kennel yesterday. I made them an electric hen with a cardboard box and 40 watt bulb that they could pop in and out of as they wish. I put a good inch of sand on the floor of the kennel for bedding and to keep it from flying off in a high wind gust (JIC) then put two heavy wool moving blankets over the lot. I can pull the blankets up in the day when it is dry. Rained a bit last night and this morn but the babies are cozy. They had outgrown their small brooder in the house and I was ready for them to be outside.

That makes me want chickens more! Made 22 banana breads last Sat. We made several hundred cheesecakes this week at the dairy! I'm tired of looking at them! Made peppermint bark tonight. Hopefully making dog treats tomorrow. I've gotta get that mifi adapter so I can be here more. I am surprised it is working so well this eve.

• 1 month later...

As of yesterday, we finally have the correct antenna along with the old adapter and it is working the way it should. Not getting thrown off every few minutes and it's 4G so moving along great! DH has put up 2 shelves so far in the office so I have started to organize. Here's the kicker,DH and his brother aren't getting along well so he doesn't want to put up the other shelves til we know what will happen. Finally get a little settled, computer and some furniture and then...?

Praying all will be resolved soon.

I hate drama!

Edited by snapshotmiki