MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Might Be Missing A Couple Of Days

My computer is so slow. It's really aggravating me. If we don't get freezing rain tomorrow, I'm taking it back in. I was trying to answer in a post and it was so slow it was 'timing out'. Not Mrs.S fault. I'm sure it's me. I have errands to run anyway. I didn't get my charge card bills this month. They must be wanting late fees. LOL...kinda. Good thing I remembered when they are due. A quick trip to the bank will fix that. Strange they were both missing though. Same bank.

Anyway...if I'm MIA for a few says, it's just computer issues.

I have a program that doesn't save the cookies, history and internet cashe. It's an old version of 'System Suit' but it still works. I have the computer set to defrag once a week and if I'm doing a lot of loading and deleting I'll go ahead and run it again.

I went to the library and borrowed season 1-3 of Call The Midwife sooooo, I think I'm going to do movie night tonight and take the computer in tomorrow.

Well that was fast. I took it in today and they worked on it while I waited. It sort of surprised me because they were pretty busy. I don't know what he did but it sure helped. Not perfect but better. He removed some stuff I never use and ran some sort of diagnostic disk they have there. Then another disk that deep cleaned it.

He said something about the amount of games I have loaded. :blush: I still have 449gb of 559gb free so I know I have tons of space left. :shrug:

Edited:

Forgot to add, they really don't like IE but I'm so used to it I do not want to change. So I guess I'll have to get used to it being slower. I use Chrome for a few things but I really don't like how 'my favorites' are arranged.

Edited by Jeepers

Thanks Simplegirl. I guess I'll check it out. It seems like I used it once for something and something happened. I can't remember. :sigh:

I hate new. Just when I have everything like I like it and can keep it figured out...they change it. Google Chrome works pretty well for me but I don't like the way it looks and I don't like how their 'favorites' are set up. I'm holding my breath that this thing lasts so I don't have to go to Windows 8. I've seen it. Don't like nothing about it.

This last time I took it in the Geek asked me how I turned it off. I'm not sure if he thought I was doing it wrong or if he needed a refresher course. I didn't ask. :008Laughing: