MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sweet memories...

Cat

So I'm finally getting rid of one of my first email accounts. They switched to a payment method and we just can't afford it any longer. I dreaded going through ALL those emails to clean it out for my old treasures, so I delayed long after I should have. Yes, I am an email hoarder... :blush:

So if you have my email as the "bagunsa" one, you'll have to PM me for another one.

So after my weekend with the grandchildren, I've been going through them to forward stuff I wanted to keep. OH, MY.... :o

My mother's one and only email.

Emails from Westbrook, Fran, Lois, Diinmi, Ed, and SO many who I haven't "seen" in ages. There was an Eileen who was one of my first "online friends" who used to send me cute stuff.

(You know, the stuff that ALL newbies send out! :happy0203: )

I'd forgotten that I used to moderate at a Treasure Trove site.

Stuff from a split here, stuff from individual people's concerns and questions, helping people re-enter Mrs S, and from when the site crashed *but hard*. :(

Lots of encouraging notes and sweet thank yous.

Emails from Xena, who changed her email so often that I only knew who it was when she called me by her "pet name" for her kitty friend. :wub:

SO very, very many friends that I miss! Mamacat, I sure wish you'd come back & stay. :sigh: And so many more. grouphugg.gif

I found this place in 1999. I used that email then. Some were from 2000. It was my life displayed in bits and bytes.

I'm so glad for each one of you. You've fed my need to be helpful and encouraging. You've fed my playful and creative side. You've allowed me the grace to share what hurts as well as what is beautiful.

I don't say it often enough. But each and every one of you is important to me. I don't "know" each of you as well as I'd like, but for this very shy person who finds enjoyment in communicating online, you are a treasure.

loveyouhart.gif

Yup, PM anytime. :) I don't often give out one of my email addies. The board here works well.

That said, we do have an "emergency site" to use in case something breaks here. It can be used any time, but if this site goes down, it's a place to re-connect with those who are there (from here).

I'm the administrator there, but I don't get in there every day. So you can join but if I don't "unlock the door" right away, you can remind me here. ;)

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/catsmrssurvival/info

I do not remember when I joined but it must have been around

15 years ago or so. MS was so very different then....

There are those that I dimly remember some posts that keeping

tugging at my memory.

But Cat if you have that many years of messages you are indeed most fortunate.

I have lost so much through total crashes of hard drives. No I did not have

them backed up.....

I am glad you come in as often as you do......I do not post much but do lurk....

They were saved on a server somewhere, or I would have lost 'em all in the crash I had years ago.

I was just surprised that there were still so many, and by how much they touched my heart... :wub:

• 3 months later...