MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Current thoughts...

Cat

Are you really ready?

Do you have what it takes if your electricity goes out?

Gasoline isn't available or your car won't go?

No way to get to the store for food, and maybe if you got there, it was mostly gone?

Do you have medicines and first aid supplies?

Do you know what you can do or where to go if people start raiding your neighborhood for stuff?

Rumbles of unrest and ominous warnings are rippling across the internet.

No, I don't believe it's all gonna be true.

But what if something does happen?

Even our government says to have preps, these days.

Look around your home, then look around here for ideas and help and support.

:grouphug:

And pray, if you do that. I know God's got this, but we need to band together and pray for our world.

I'm never as ready as I should be or that I'd like to be. I just have to keep plugging along and praying nothing drastic happens. By drastic I guess I'm talking about something long term. As long as I don't have to evacuate I'd be fine for a few months without leaving the house. It wouldn't be pretty or pleasant but I could survive. It's mostly because I have all of the housewares and bedding etc. that I need, I also have plenty of clothes and those sort of things. Living here for over 25 years I have a pretty well stocked house. I got a little at a time but after 64 years of living, it's finally coming together.

I did a major med stock up last year so I'm good in that area. Both medicines and tools of the trade.

I have a fireplace and still plenty of wood. It would keep me from freezing but not my pipes. I'd need to remember to let the water trickle in the faucets. Also rig up blankets over the doorway to keep heat in the one room. It's a huge open area. It would probably be easier to block off the two entrances into the kitchen and heat the kitchen and family room.

I'm still good on canned food, water and drinks. I canned a lot last year and hardly made a dent in the meat. Still have plenty of soups and store bought canned goods. The only thing I'd really miss is bread for sandwiches. All that peanut butter and jelly isn't going to be much good without bread. I suppose I could make biscuits. And a few buckets of beans and rice.

My stove is gas so I'm hoping that will be a source for cooking. If not then I'll have to use the fireplace for heating up food and water. Fortunately I'm not a picky eater so just heating up would be okay for me.

I keep the Jeep filled up or at least 3/4 full. I can make it to my son's house on a little over half a tank so that is my exit plan.

My weakest spot will be protection. I have some but one old woman alone probably couldn't get the job done.

I'm not really expecting anything major to happen but I want to be ready just in case. Also winter is around the corner so I'm preparing for that as much as anything. The power could go out, I could get snowbound or I could get sick and not feel like going out. If I'm well prepared for that then everything else should fall into place. That's my plan...

If I hear things are going bad fast the first thing I'll do is grab my list of things to 'get now' and charge them to keep my cash on hand. If I see the stores are unsafe I'll forget about it. I don't need anything that bad. Then I'll take a nice hot shower and wash my hair and make sure all of my laundry is done and all the dishes are washed just to save on water down the road. If things look really bad I'll get out the water bob and fill it up.

What have I forgotten? I know there are a few things I'm leaving out but my lists are handy.

This post is very good timing! I just read where, so far, city officials in three states have confirmed election terror threats. They are New York, Texas and Virginia.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/04/us-intel-terrorist-attacks-day-before-election/21598741/

I woke up in a gold-tinted dream of muppets, uzis, barbed wire, bad sound effects, people being backstabbed over cans of peaches, and Fozzy Bear pulling off his face to reveal Phillip Seymour Hoffman, which made me decide that the movie I was in was older than I'd thought.

Which brought my mind around to just this topic, and here it's stayed all day. And now I sign on and see you beat me to the post.

We get some of this feeling every autumn, and some more every election year. But this year it feels different. Everyone I've spoken to agrees with that. Different, and not in a good way.

We get some of this feeling every autumn, and some more every election year. But this year it feels different. Everyone I've spoken to agrees with that. Different, and not in a good way.

Exactly. It just feels like "something wicked this way comes". :behindsofa:

When it feels like too much for me, I start praying. Again. For everyone I know, for those I don't, for our country, for the world. :pray:

Everything's pretty much planned out. For us it's "situational awareness" and NOT to wait more than 20 minutes to act on our knowledge. EMP? Lights go out...take a peek outside to see if cars are stalled on streets...see if one or both of our vehicles fire up. If not...we're out of here. That's the BIG reason we're emptying this place and getting it ready to sell. If our world turns upside down we don't want to leave anything here for somebody else. We have a "walking route" and two large BOB's with wheels and two backpacks. Abby-girl also has her backpack so she can carry her food and water for several hours.

EMP? Lights go out...take a peek outside to see if cars are stalled on streets...

BRILLIANT way to check for an EMP! Never would have thought of that myself. :blush:

I don't know if anyone here follows OathKeepers on FB or is subscribed to their e-mail list or not, but they have been posting threads and having webinars concerning how to handle civil unrest in case the "threats" come true if Hillary isn't elected. :smiley_shitfan:

I think we would survive some weeks or months of that, but I'm NOT SURE we could survive 4 years (minimum) of her presidency. :twister3: