MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I be movin! Hurrah !

sassenach

Heading to the middle west , sorta? Back to the actual simple amenities of life, really basic ones and hope to get things straightened out I know needing addressing, and if this country keeps it together long enough, maybe it won't be so bad..... but at least I will be with some good friends , and hey they even have a real washer and dryer in the house for me!

Yahoo!

Next year, hope to get the moped or motorcycle license class and a 150cc or 200cc type ..... they are reasonable costing if you are limited on assets due to things you may have to go by.....

Laptop sooner, this one is on its last legs....

If I get a 150 cc moped I will be able to plan a trip to California , side roads... well 200 cc would be better. I will see though.

I would be happy with a 50cc though ! I can ride side roads in 3 or 4 states with my cat looked after and go explore! I so want to go explore!

I have things to look forward too. I hope this country doesn't get worse. It is scary seeing how things have gotten in so many ways.

BTW, my daughter in law expects a second child March, early in the month, 2017. It is a little girl. I just was informed by my son. He wanted another boy! I just laughed, now he has to realize what it's like to have Daddys' little girl with him, soon.

But DIL is rather ill this pregnancy. She is at 5 mos. Please pray she will do better and things are healthy. It's her last year of 20 for military retirement!

DGS is doing wonderfully. almost 15 mos. old..... he's a crackerjack gymnast already on the rings..... he loves life.

His parents are both awesome with him. They are on top of childhood development too..... I am learning things I never knew about, not that I don't do badly but they have serious details!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about you so often lately, Sass, as I knew your big move was coming up soon. I'm so happy you will be around people you care about and who care about you! Bon Voyage my friend and stay safe. Enjoy the time you get to spend with your son also. Prayers for the new little one on the way too. Don't forget to check in when you get all settled down cause you know...we worry over our own. :hug3:

P.S.

I know bon voyage is for sailing but you are sailing off to new adventures and you are Navy so it just seemed to fit you.

Wondering if your move will bring you my way enough to meet for a coffee????? Hey, ya GOTTA eat!

PM me, if you want. :)

I don't think a Daddy is ever "ready" for the way a daughter works her way into his heart.

They somehow think that maybe watching their own little girl from day one will help them to FINALLY figure out the mysteries of the female mind and behavior. And they soon realize that it will forever remain a mystery. :24:

Congratulations on the upcoming move. We've been here for two weeks and still living out of boxes as we fix the place. I gotta find the hair trimmers though! DH's beard is getting too long. He looks like a mountain man who just walk out of Alaska. :laughkick:

Got word, tomorrow afternoon, pack out, Friday. They sure push the time!

Sunday morning icy snowy way upstate NY. So much for Plattsburgh then west then south, will go south then west! I think Son will be happy to have the spare cot I am junking... save hotel for Sunday night and start Monday morning maybe? He has to drive up from midatlantic area anyway, will be very long day if we had to go to Albany ( for him, again.... )

Emailed DS about it. :scratchhead:

Packed out.. still have to absolutely sort out the last stuff to go in rental SUV so , that's cool!

The movers got here late afternoon.... worked til almost 11:30pm. They had to drive up from NYC!

But my apartment manager is cool, he says just leave whatever you don't want , he will be happy to haul it off.... which suits my back and balance on the matter of these stairs outside quite well! He gets paid for that, so it works out. ( Of course every other creep in the apartment building showed up to either chase cats who got loose or hit on the movers... had to warn them about that!) .....

Oi, the sound of package tape! It's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Be warned if you have professional movers, anything they can pile in tall boxes, they will!

I have no idea which boxes have what now! I still thought they used normal size boxes! Yikes.

I will be on a mission to get my preps sorted and books.. sigh.

At least I know where most of my books will be and clothes. I did write what room some boxes belong in! Book boxes were smaller though, thats easy to sort out.

Miss Macy hid in closets, had to go get her out of the second one.... she still hid in empty closets but was getting a little better over time as they packed out stuff. They were kind to her.... once they were gone, she was like , "wow, Ma!"

I think , I hope she will adjust to travel!

I think I put my tylenol jar in one of my luggage things or my daypack, was too tired to dig it out to see though by midnight, did find aspirin though!

This damp, humid weather this week has wracked me up good!

I forgot to pack my sock knitting stuff! Sigh, well got socks in my luggage..... hmph! I did remember boots and shoes and jacket and gloves and hat! I also remembered to change to my proper sized belt for my pants! LOL.

Well, some of my preps remain in my dresser drawer, small stuff..... lol, the packer just wrapped the whole thing up! Photos in the bottom drawer!

I only took the roll away bed... don't like the twin mattress anyway... the house is furnished so I dont need it. Be there at least a few years anyway.

Well, when I open those tall boxes up its going to be like a treasure hunt.... hmmm.

I did get rid of old clothes that don't fit any more and i dont plan on keeping such things any more.

Don't have that many clothes now, as it is....

Tried to get practical and nice in my sport bag at least... don't know what social requirements might be like... well casual, not just really plain stuff.

M is really excited I am coming, she and her DH have been busy fixing up things! I told her I have to get back on schedule slowly.

:imoksmiley: < < < < ( me.) Has not had a real schedule in a long time!

Edited by sassenach

Yep, talked to my son twice. He is looking forward to seeing me but I havent spent days in the same car as him in years! Got my darn book character names on my mind...... M so wants to read it! LOL... told her my son would kill me while laughing his head off at the story..... I so have to edit it all ...... she's like I want to see it as it is!!!!!!! Because she has a pretty good idea who people are.... hahaha. Who knows, maybe it was just my brand of therapy this year, considering my surrounding environment!

Yep, Windmorn, it will be an adventure but at least they just wrapped and taped the heck out of my old chest of drawers with lots of small stuff in it for camping supplies . Besides it had my photos in it.... never did get them sorted out! At least I know that and most of my backpack gear is in bedroom boxes so I wrote on those boxes and some of the kitchen boxes so that should help me zero in on things but my book boxes, well they are mostly one size except for big books..... Gosh knows which box my wagon is in! I will need it and at least its flat there!

Lake Placid got snow on the pumpkin last night but its about 37F this morning so its good to go on the roads in the low elevations after winter storm is passing through, which is good, since DS just came out of TX/ Hawaii so it's been a while driving east coast weather.