MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Surnames starting with 'A'.

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

For those interested in finding family ancestors we will see about doing a post of last names. We will start with our ancestors with the letter 'A' then go to the 'B' and so on. I think this will make it a lot easier.

I will start doing the post of just 'A', the next post will be 'B'.

I am taking these names off of my 'Family Tree Maker', so right now I am not just sure where they all fit in.

'A'

AASEN, ADAMS, ADCOCK, ADER, ALBANY, ALBERT, ALDEN, ALEXANDER, ALLEN, AMES, AMMER, AMOS, AMUNDSEN, AMYX, ANDEROFF, ANDERSDATTER, ANDERSON, ANDREWS, ANLIKER, ANNIS, APPLBY, ARCHER, AREY, ARMSTRONG, ARTLIP, ASH, ASHING, ATKINSON, ATTLESON, ATWELL, ATWOOD, AUSTIN, AVERY, AYERS, AYKENS,

Now, if anyone has any of the names we need to see if any of our family fits in with the others. smile

haveanicedaydogandflowers.gifHUGS4-1.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clapsmilie Great idea Snowmom. This will organize things well. Will you start a new thread for B's, or how will that work?

P.S. I think I called you Mother in an earlier post. Sorry 'bout that. sorry

goodmorningfriends-1.jpg

The idea here is that everyone will join me and post their own list of names so we can see if any of us have names alike and then see what happens. smile We know there are several with 'Jones' in our past. smile

I will just add the list of 'B's in this post. If I used each letter and make a sticky post of each one, there would be a lot of sticky posts and it wouldn't be the best. I will probably make either 2 or 4. I will divide it the best I can. But, please everyone else, add your list here too. smileFAMILYTREE.gif

Oh, Carr, no, it was Momo you called Mother. But, I can go in and fix it if you would like, or all you would need to do is click on the 'edit' button and fix it that way. smile

HUGS4-1.gifhaveanicedaydogandflowers.gif

C

Ok, my family is one big maze.

The only A name I can offer at this time in my lineage is because it's from a second husband.

Alexander.... his lineage goes back to the original plantation in the very early 1600's , in Maryland. He arrived with 3 African slaves, by way of Scotland of course. In 1700, his whole family moved south to Ablemarle county area and Dare County, and up until my ex's daddy was dead when Ray turned 7, from Cancer, they had possession of the plantation home. After Charles, his father died, the plantation home eventually became state owned and his sister ran the showings for visitors. Ray and his brother Earl, and their mother, moved to a tiny home in the middle of a cabbage field, and his mother raised them alone. They had no electricity for a long time and he said he would walk by Army guarded bunkers to get home from school. He grew up with little, and was a hoarder of weird things. He grew up with a depression mentality ( Yes he is older than me).

Of course he deserted me so I live singly, with good reason I guess.

My First hubby has a Mac type surname so will wait on that one.

I cannot think of any other A surnames in my family tree or my son's who has his fathers lineage as well as mine.

Arby, all I know about our side of the Alexander, is that, a cousin of my mom's Clara Etta Johnson, married Clarence Alexander. They have at least 4 children, Oscar Alexander, Willard Alexander, Geraldine Alexander and Ronald Alexander.

Clara Etta was born in Arlington (Washington Co.) Nebraska, and I am not sure where they were married, probably Arlington, NE. they were married 20 Jun 1908. Clara died in 1977, she was living in Monterey Park, CA in 1973, but not sure where when she died. My notes say she/they had 16 great-grandchildren. Not sure why the grand children were not mentioned, unless it was a mis-typing and it should have been just grand children.

THANKSFORSHARINGSPARKLES.gif some genealogy with us. This is what this thread is all about, SHARINGMOUSE.gif

Many of the names are in old pine's family too, as I have both of our genealogys on the one Family Tree Maker. smile

SLIPPERSCHOCOLATEGENEALOGY.jpg

Here are the 'Bs'

'B'

BABCOCK, BACHILER, BACKAUS, BAGG, BAILEY, BAILSEY, BRIN, BAISCH, BAKER, BAKKEN, BALDRY, BALDWIN, BALGEMAN, BALSTER, BANWART, BARASH, BARGMAN, BARKER, BARNABY, BARNARD, BARNAS, BARNEY, BAR, BARR, BARRETT, BARRON, BARROW, BARTELETT, BARTELSMEYER, BARTTLET, BARTON, BARTOS, BASS, BASSETT, BAST, BATCHELDER, BEACH, BEAL, BEATTIE, BEAUMONT, BEBEE, BECK, BECKET, BECKWITH, BEDFORD, BEEBE, BEEDLE, BELAHLAVY, BELGRADE, BELL, BELLAMY, BENBOW, BENDER, BENSEN, BERGERON, BERKLAND, BERLIEN, BERRY, BERTHELOT, BESSEY, BEUMONT, BEVER, BICKFORD, BIDEAUZ, BIGA, BILL, BINGHAM, BIRD, BIRGE, BIRKMAN, BISCHE, BISHOP, BITTNER, BLACKBURN, BLACKMAN, BLAIR, BLAISDELL, BLAKE, BLATCHFORD, BLAZEK, BLISS, BLOOD, BLYTH, BOAZ, BOEDING, BOEHLER, BOGUE, BOISVERT, BOLLINGER, BONEWITZ, BOON, BOPP, BOSLEY, BOSTON, BOSWORTH, BOWYER, BOYER, BOYLE, BRADFORD, BRADLEY, BRADSHAW, BRADY, BRAGG, BRAMAN, BRASSFIELD, BREITWESER, BREN, BRENKE, BRENNEN, BRETT, BREWER, BREWSTER, BRINDLE, BROADWELL, BROCKMAN, BROCKS, BORST, BROWER, BROWN, BROWNING, BUNGUM, BURK, BURNETTE, BURNS, BURR, BURROWS, BUTLER, BUTTERFIELD, BUTTS, BYE

I know there are a lot of them, and right now I am not sure just where they fit in, but, they are all on my Family Tree Maker.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif again, smile

Ok, here are my 'C' names. smile I worked on these yesterday too. smile Again, not sure where all of these really fit, but, they are in my FTM. smile

'C'

CAHILL, CALHOUN, CAMPBELL, CANFIELD, CARPENTER, CARTER, CASH, CASSEL, CHANDLER, CHASE, CHERRY, CHRISTENSEN, CHRISTOFFERSON, CHURCH, CHURCHILL, CLARK, COBB, COLLENS, COMPTON, CONWAY, COOK, COOKE, COPS, COWIN, CRABTREE, CRANDALL, CRAWFORD, CRONK, CROSS, CROW, CUCIC, CUCKLER, CUMMINGS, CURRIER, CURTIS, CUTLER

HOURGLASS2MOVES.gifDIGUPYOURROOTS.gifFAMILYTREE.gif

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif yet again. smile

The 'D's are next, and I did them yesterday too, so I could put them in today. smile This will give all of you a few more names to check on. smile Just remember, I'm not sure where all of these names fit, as I just took them all of the FTM. smile I also skipped a few if there were only one or two with the name. So, there are a few more on my FTM. smile

'D'

DAGGETT, DAHLBURG, DALLAS, DALY, DANIELS, DANIELSON, DAVIDSON, DAVIS, DAY, DAYHOFF, DEARBORNE, DEERING, DEIDIKER, DEIHL, DEITZ, DELONGCAMPS, DEMPSEY, DENKE, DERR, DETTBARN, DEVINE, DEWEESE, DEWOLF, DICKERSON, DICKEY, DICKINSON, DILLEHAY, DILLINGHAM, DOBBS, DOHERTY, DORCH, DOROTHY, DOWNING, DRAPER, DRIGGERS, DROMBROWIK, DUCHMANN, DUCKERT, DUNCAN, DUNN, DURANT

ok here are my names i am working on

A's Andersen,Anderson,Adams,Andersdotter,Awbrey(Aubrey),Allred(Aldred),Atkinson,Abla

d(Oblad)Abbot,Asher,

B's Blatnick,Blue,Bowser(Bausser),Burbank,Bentzen,Brunson, Billson,Benefield,Boylston,Brooks,Belcher,Barcroft,Baker, Buck,

Benton,Brownley,Blacke,Breward

C's:Cochran,Cardenio,Colwell,Crissman,Cheney,Champion,Crisp,

Cameron(Camron),Chapman,Claton,Carter,Cooper,Cholmely,Cowe,

D's Davies,Dansfort(Danforth),Drakely

I have a Bailey ... I think ... I haven't confirmed she's mine, but I think so.

This is what we are looking for. smile

You are all doing so good. smile

Now for the 'E' names. Not so many in this list. smile

'E'

EADES, EASTMAN, EATON, EDWARDS, ELDREDGE, ELKINS, ENGART, ENGE, ENOCKSON, ERICKSEN, EMER, EUREK, EVENS, EWER, EYMER

Here are the 'F' name list. There are a few more here than in the 'E' list. smile

'F'

FALK, FARRAN, FARREL, FAUNCE, FAY, FERGUSON, FICKEL, FIEDLER, FIELDS, FIERO, FINNEY, FIRKINS, FISH, FISHER, FLANDERS, FLEMMING, FLETCHER, FLOYED, FLYNN, FORREY, FOSSOM, FOSTER, FOTY, FOUHY, FOUNTAIN, FOWLER, FOX, FRAISE, FRANCIS, FRANCONE, FRANK, FREELAND, FREEMAN, FREESMEIER, FUCHS, FULLER, FURLAN

IAMADDICTEDTOGENEALOGY.gif

I am working with the letter 'G' today. smile

Gafford, Gagen, Gailey, Gaines, Galbraith, Gale, Gallant, Garlick, Garner, Garrett, Gary, Gaskins, Gaunt, Gavett, Geary, Geckle, Gibson, Gilbert, Gile, Gillham, Givens, Glass, Gleason, Glenn, Goddard, Goerdt, Gomez, Good, Goodale, Goodson, Goodwin, Gosnell, Gould, Graham, Gratz, Gray, Greeley, Green, Greenquist, Greer, Greeg, Gregory, Grendal, Griedl, Griffen, Grimes, Grimwood, Griswold, Groene, Gropp, Gross, Grossnicklaus, Groves, Grubb, Grubbels, Gugin, Gugins, (some changed name and dropped the s), Gulbransen, Gutemath, Guthrie

ok here are my

E's Erikson,Erson,Eborne,Ellis,Elam,Elston,Elliot

F's:Faile(Fail,Failes brothers who changed name after a spat),Fairbank, Folkenberg,Fuller,Free,Farren,Fancier(Fansier),Frisbie,Foye,Fowle,Farrar,Floyd,F

irth

G's Green,Glover,Gunnarsdotter,Goddard,Grundy,Gardner,Gilbert

also i editted my earlier post and added names that i forgot to write in originally

• 2 weeks later...

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

IAMADDICTEDTOGENEALOGY.gif

Well, here goes the letter 'H'. smile

Haake, Haas, Haberstrob, Haddock, Haddon, Hadley, Hagger, Haines, Haldry, Haley, Hall, Hallett, Halvorsen, Hamel, Hamm, Hammer, Hanan, Hancock, Hand, Handley, Hankins, Hansen, Hanson, Hapt, Harbar, Hardesty, Harding, Hardy, Harkin Harmer, Harmon, Harper, Harpit, Harrell, Harris, Harrison, Hart, Harter, Hartgrave, Hartwigsen, Harvey, Haskell, Haskin, Hass, Hathaway, Haws, Hayes, Hazeltine, Health, Heinemann, Heithold, Helander, Hellman, Hendrix, Henry, Hensel, Herlitz, Hess, Hewitt, Hicks, Higgenbother, Highland, Hill, Hillard, Hinton, Hintz, Hirsch, Hoag, Hobson, Hogeland, Holcomb, Holland, Holems, Holmquist, Holton, Hooker, Hopkins, Horton, Hoskins, Howard, Howes, Howland, Hoyt, Hubbard, Hudson, Hudspeth, Huesser, Huewe, Huff, Huffman, Hughes, Hull, Hunting, Huntington, Hurley, Husser, Hutchins,

Wow, that was something else.

haveanicedaydogandflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

Today I am adding the 'I's and the 'J's.

Ifft, Ingersoll, Ingham, Ingmire, Iodence, Ireland, Irwin, Ives

Jackson, Jacob, Jacobsen, Jacobson, Jameson, Jardon, Jasperson, Jeffress, Jehnich, Jenkins, Jensen, Jeman, Johnson, Jones, Jordan, Joselyn, Jugler, Jutte

HOURGLASS2MOVES.gifIAMADDICTEDTOGENEALOGY.gif

DIGUPYOURROOTS.gifFAMILYTREE.gif

Today I am also adding the 'K' names.

Kako, Kalbfleish, Kalnik, Kane, Kautz, Kay, Keeney, Kelby, Kell, Keller, Kelly, Kelso, Kendall, Kenney, Kennicott, Kent, Kenyon, Kern, Kessler, Ketcham, Key, Keyes, Kilgore, Killmer, Kimball, Kimel, Kincaid, King, Kingdon, Kingman, Kinsock, Kirby, Kirkland, Kitchen, Kling, Klute, Knapp, Knight, Knox, Koeliner, Kotschwar, Kouwenhouven, Kragness, Krogmeier, Kuhlmeter, Kush, Kutscher, Kyar, Kyriss

HAVEAGOODDAY1.gifHugsPumpkinGlitter.gif

Today I am also adding the 'L' names. But, you will have to wait for tomorrow or Wed. for the next one or two. smile

LaHue, Lambert, Lambright, Lancaster, Lang, Lange, Larsen, Larson, Lavigne, Lawson, Layton, Leach, Lee, Leek, Lehman, Leib, Leider, Lemon, Lennington, Lewis, Libby, Lichte, Lichty, Liehter, Lincoln, Linden, Lionberger, Lister, Little, Lockridge, Lockwood, Long, Looke, Loukota, Lowe, Loy, Lubbert, Lucas, Lundby, Lundquist, Lyon

HAVEAGOODDAY1.gifHugsPumpkinGlitter.gif

Today I am adding the 'M' names.

Maas, Mandell, Marano, Marchant, Markin, Marshall, Martin, Mashtare, Mason, Mattix, Mayo, Mc Connell, Mc Kenney, MaCabe, MaCall, MaCoy, McCullough, McGuire, McKenney, McPherson, Mecham, Mecklem, Mellentine, Mensing, Merriman, Mertens, Michael, Mielke, Mikus, Miller, Milosevich, Mitchell, Molter, Molzan, Monson, Moore, Morris, Morrison, Mortensen, Mortimer, Mountjoy, Mullen, Mutchler, Myers

HAVEAGOODDAY1.gifFALLHUGSLEAVES.gif

Today I am also adding the 'N' names.

I am continuing on the same page since we are not on page 2 yet. smile

Nagel, Nall, Nash, Neatman, Nelson, Newberry, Newcomb, Newhouse, Newman, Newton, Nicholes, Nielsen, Nilsen, Nixon, Noble, North, Northup, Norton, Nourse, Nowlin, Nunne

HAVEAGOODDAY1.gifFALLHUGSLEAVES.gif