MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bactine Spray Bottle

Jeepers

I almost put this down in the Edge simply because I didn't want to broadcast it to the entire world but...sigh...does anyone here have a spray bottle of Bactine? I can't figure out how to open it so it will spray. I tried Youtube but didn't find anything. I tried Google and the directions someone gave didn't work. All it did was to hurt my hand really bad. I can't remember if it came in a box with directions or not because I've had it for awhile and the box is long gone.

I wanted to open it and get it ready incase I need it fast. Bactine is the only OTC antiseptic/antibiotic stuff I can use. I have a squirt bottle of it but it's almost empty and the liquid just runs out all over the place. For years I was hoping Bactine would come out with a spray bottle and now I can't even open it.

I might have to take a hammer to this bottle and buy another little spray bottle if I can't get this one open. Doing that might lose some of its effectiveness though or introduce germs. I don't know. Last resort.

Come on people. Don't leave me hanging here. Surely someone here knows how to enable a Bactine spray bottle.

P.S.

It's okay to laugh. :hidingsmile:

Poor Jeepers. Good thinking to solve this problem ahead of time!!! Child resistant caps are also resistant to anyone opening them. Hmph!

Did you see this page?

How do I open the cap on the Bactine Pain Relieving Cleansing Spray bottle?

Cap-illustration.jpg

Why are there child resistant caps on the Bactine Original First Aid Liquid and Bactine Pain Relieving Cleansing Spray bottles?

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) requires the use of child resistant caps on all products that contain more than 5.0 mg. of lidocaine.

MtRider ..hope you can get it to work! Take it to a mechanic....they have TOOLS!!! :lol:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Hallelujah. I think I love you!!!!

Oh.My.Goodness. I was trying that but I was turning the entire top around instead of just the little disk. That tab is so small and set in that unless you have long nails (I don't) you can't get it pushed in far enough. I had to use a paperclip. Wow. Talk about a packaging failure. An extra hand for holding the bottle while one hand was pushing in the tab while the other hand was turning the little disk would help too! I'm printing the picture because a year from now I'm sure I'll have the same problem. By the way, the entire top doesn't come off either so you can't just pour some out. Sigh. I looked everywhere for that information.

THANK YOU! :blush:

Edited to add: That little bit of Lidocaine in there helps with cut and scrapes too.

Edited by Jeepers

That helps too. I was on that site last night but I didn't see the "packaging" tab. Glad to see it was a frequently asked question. Makes me feel like I wasn't the only one. I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the crayon box but, sheeesh. :008Laughing:

Kinda sad that they have to explain how to open a bottle. Now that I have the bottle opened and ready I probably won't need it. That's a good thing though.

I just bookmarked the site. :sSig_thankyou:

Bactine isn't the only types that have those "squeeze" tabs and turn :( I don't like the toilet bowl cleaners that have them so I quit using them. I've found them on so many things, and it seems they think we all have strong thumbs and index fingers :sigh:

I cut off the tabs from the listerine bottle caps as soon as I can get the top off.

Medicine bottles are my bane. I get DH to open them and transfer the contents to something I can open easily. My pharmacist usually gives me screw tops now.

I know child proofing is necessary but sometimes products go overboard.

You folks know that most prescription bottles have a dual cap. Flip it one was and it's child adult proof. Flip it the other way and it's just a screw top.

And YES....I've changed toilet bowl cleaner just cuz of their tops!!!

MtRider :scratchhead:

Edited by Mt_Rider

WM doesn't give you the "flip" caps...and you have to sign a waiver to get the "adult" flat caps...:-( My thumbs and index finger sometimes won't even open a bottle of water or soda pop so I keep several "spongies" that I can grip with :-)

Mine just started, a couple of months ago, giving those tops where you can use either end.

The only issue I have with my pharmacy is that they use bottles that are really too big. It doesn't matter what size the pills are or how many you are getting...they always use a big bottle. I'm wondering if that is the only size they have. Seems like a waste to me.

• 4 years later...

Just had an emergency dog bite(s). Grabbed the First Ait Kit, grabbed the Bactine Child Proof Caqped bottle and the battle began. While blood & bruise fingers dangle in pain, the bottle won all battles, Thoughts of sewing BACTINE crossed my mind. Thoughts of beating to a pulp the person who thought an emergency aid needed a hammer, a Stanley knife, pliers, and a vise to destroy the lock top remained.  What IDIOT designed it? What IDIOT approved it? And today I ask why I was the IDIOT to purchase Bactine!

Never, never, never again.....

• Like 1