MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Apple Cider Vinegar

I didn't want to hi-jack WE2's thread in another forum so I'm starting one here. She mentioned ACV and I've also heard a lot of good things about it. I think I could benefit from it too. So, where does one go to get it or is it the same as regular Heinz type vinegar? I wonder if it would make the body more acidic though? Is it a fad thing? I obviously don't know much about it.

Also, we were talking about a very hot tonic that there is no way I could tolerate. Sensitive mouth issues. I was wondering if anyone knew if taking a hot substance such as cayenne pepper in capsule form would burn ones stomach? I do have a manual capsule making machine I could use for pepper etc. and maybe liquid hot stuff but I'm not sure what would happen if took one. I'm thinking one end or the other would be blowing fire and smoke and I'm just not up for that scene right now no matter how pretty it might be. Especially after my run-in with a sugar free substance this week. I guess I'm wondering if all of the 'hot' is in the mouth or if it is felt in the stomach too? I'm such a delicate little flower ..... :008Laughing:

Having Korean DDs.....yes, hot stuff is hot stuff all the way thru the system. Definitely. And you DO have to be careful of that. This type of heat is classified at 'chemical burns' if it is hot enough. ....... :blink: Yeah, think about that.

MtRider ....seek professional advice before altering the ph of one's body. Naturalpathic docs, herbal docs, etc. Just sayin'.....we have more data available to resource than the folks in previous generations.

Jeepers, I like Trader Joe's organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Unlike Heinz, this has the mother in it. I don't take it straight, ever. I splash it on my daily salad along with garlic powder and tumeric powder.

If you have a problem with hot foods, then I would be extremely careful about taking cayenne in a capsule form. I know I've tried to take tumeric in a capsule form and it makes normal hot flashes seem like a cold shower.

Check out Joel Fuhrman's book Super Immunity he talks about how eating proper foods can cure most chronic health conditions. I enjoy a lot of his recipes and when I strictly follow his diet, I feel so much better.

Thanks ladies! I just read up a little on cayenne pepper and 'hot stuff' and it seems to be good for heart health and cholesterol but not recommended for people with high blood pressure issues. That's me. It also said it can interact with blood pressure meds. Since I have to take 3 different kind...I think I'll skip the pepper. :sigh:

I didn't want to hi-jack WE2's thread in another forum so I'm starting one here. She mentioned ACV and I've also heard a lot of good things about it. I think I could benefit from it too. So, where does one go to get it or is it the same as regular Heinz type vinegar? I wonder if it would make the body more acidic though? Is it a fad thing? I obviously don't know much about it.

Also, we were talking about a very hot tonic that there is no way I could tolerate. Sensitive mouth issues. I was wondering if anyone knew if taking a hot substance such as cayenne pepper in capsule form would burn ones stomach? I do have a manual capsule making machine I could use for pepper etc. and maybe liquid hot stuff but I'm not sure what would happen if took one. I'm thinking one end or the other would be blowing fire and smoke and I'm just not up for that scene right now no matter how pretty it might be. Especially after my run-in with a sugar free substance this week. I guess I'm wondering if all of the 'hot' is in the mouth or if it is felt in the stomach too? I'm such a delicate little flower ..... :008Laughing:

We buy Braggs (only!) with the "mother" in the bottom, and we find it just about everywhere...even WM :-)

Thanks ladies! I just read up a little on cayenne pepper and 'hot stuff' and it seems to be good for heart health and cholesterol but not recommended for people with high blood pressure issues. That's me. It also said it can interact with blood pressure meds. Since I have to take 3 different kind...I think I'll skip the pepper. :sigh:

EXACTLY! Even these "all natural" things are not One-Size-Fits-All. [as I keep saying, hemlock is all natural too!] Chemistry ...especially biological chemistry, is very complicated. Do the research to see if it's right or even safe for YOU (and your current meds)!

MtRider :thumbs:

I use ACV when I make bone broth. Just a little bit, as in between a teaspoon and a tablespoon, in a whole crockpot or pressure cooker, helps pull the minerals from the bones.

I also put just a teeny bit in my water when I'm sick. A friend of mine chops a clove of garlic and lets it marinate in enough ACV to cover it, then strains (or not) and drinks it like a shot, followed by a lot of water. She then goes to bed, under a lot of blankets, and basically sweats out whatever she was getting. She calls it the pizza cure, because you can smell the garlic coming out of her pores in the morning.

Edit: typo

Edited by TheCG

bit of acid...for bone broth. That sounds like a good idea, TheCG.

DH has discovered that kimchee [heavy garlic and Korean Red Pepper] is soothing and therapeutic when he's sick.

MtRider ........that is not the case for the other person :sSig_help2: in our household..... :runcirclsmiley2::grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

I have been taking this for years both in liquid and pill form. It is getting alot easier to find the natural variety (non pasteurized with the mother in it) The girls at work are all on a diet and they are drinking the ACV and also a gallon of water a day. Some of them are lugging a full gallon of water around all day. Even if the water doesn't help I guess lugging the extra weight around will help build muscles!

Two of the girls at work have lost 40 pounds so the diet is working for them.

• 11 months later...

I have been looking at making my own ACV, it looks like it is very easy, and best of all, you can use the peels and cores after you use the rest of the apple! While there are a lot of sites out there - I guess you need to look and see what catches your eye, here is one that is quite informative - not just a recipe but honesty in what they did or didn't do and how it turned out.

http://talesofakitchen.com/raw/homemade-organic-raw-apple-cider-vinegar/

hopefully I will get organised and start some in the next week.