MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Counting your miles 2

Snowmom

For those of you who have not in the past done many or any exercising, you may want to check with your Dr. first. You need to find out just how much you should do to start with. For those of you who have any heart problems you really should check with your dr.

I know some say that you should start with just a few minutes a day, about 5 - 10 minutes and make sure you don't over do it. You may be able to exercise this length of time 2 or 3 times a day. Then as you are able, you can move up to longer times. I am still under an hour a day, and not even every day as of yet. I do need to get up to at least 5 hours a week.

Now, when you exercise, be sure to keep track of how long you exercise. Then each week post your miles in the 'Spa' forum. See, this way we can keep track of the miles.

I know that the exercise is one thing that I have to really work at, and have been trying to get it in these past few weeks now.

If you make yourself a chart with the days of the week on it and what you are doing to exercise, it is easier to keep track of it.

I know I had one, and this is what was listed.

Miles walked, Miles biked and then Other exercises. If I ever get to the point where I am doing anything with weights again, I will also put in the list, Time with weights. If you want to, you can also have a space for your weight and BP.

I know this helps me keep track of what I am doing.

Happy Exercising.

Here are what the rules would be.

Walking or riding a bike, miles are as done.

Going up and down stairs 10 times is one mile.

Gardening, house cleaning, shopping, etc., are 1 mile per hour. lois

Mowing or raking lawn, 1 hour is 3 miles. For those of you who have not in the past done many or any exercising, you may want to check with your Dr. first. You need to find out just how much you should do to start with. For those of you who have any heart problems you really should check with your dr.

I know some say that you should start with just a few minutes a day, about 5 - 10 minutes and make sure you don't over do it. You may be able to exercise this length of time 2 or 3 times a day. Then as you are able, you can move up to longer times. I am still under an hour a day, and not even every day as of yet. I do need to get up to at least 5 hours a week.

Now, when you exercise, be sure to keep track of how long you exercise. Then each week post your miles in the 'Spa' forum. See, this way we can keep track of the miles.

I know that the exercise is one thing that I have to really work at, and have been trying to get it in these past few weeks now.

If you make yourself a chart with the days of the week on it and what you are doing to exercise, it is easier to keep track of it.

I know I have one, and I have listed the following:

Miles walked, Miles biked and then Other exercises. If I ever get to the point where I am doing anything with weights again, I will also put in the list, Time with weights. If you want to, you can also have a space for your weight and BP.

I know this helps me keep track of what I am doing.

Happy Exercising.

So, if you would like to start counting your miles, please sign up under this post.

Here are what the rules would be.

Walking or riding a bike, miles are as done.

Going up and down stairs 10 times is one mile.

Gardening, is 1 hour 2 miles, house cleaning, dustingdishesshoppingcart , etc., are 1 mile per hour.

Mowing or raking lawn, 1 hour is 3 miles. 10.gif

Lifting weights, and other exercise, 30 minutes, is 1 mile.

I hope I didn't miss something, if I did, let me know. I know I have changed some of the things, but, I think 30 minutes doing some exercises should be a mile. You will have to use your own judgement about some of them. smile

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

9.gif

10.gif

11.gif

12.gif

13.gif

14.gif

15.gif

Don't forget the vacuuming and laundry count them too.

Now to see if I can get this to be a sticky post. smile

Have fun exercising and running

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...

Old thread, but, I’ve been carrying my phone on me, since DH JP had his heart attack & has been walking daily.  

Today, 3,563 steps, so far, 1.5 miles, just doing daily stuff.  Laundry, bookwork, cleaning, picking up dog droppings, etc…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Since DH’s heart attack, I’ve lost 11 lbs. so has he.  Doesn’t sound like much, but cutting all the fats off meats, not using them as pan seasonings, has made a big difference.  Plus, more salads, changing snacks for him, and he is walking daily, up to 1 1/2 miles a day.  He used to sit on the couch, munching on junk food, all night long.  

The only difference in my diet, is the fats, I used to use as seasoning.  But….darn, they tasted soooo good… and cutting back the amount of butter & mayonnaise…. :sigh:  

He never ate salads, now, wants them almost daily…. It is what it is.  Personally, I could eat a salad everyday, lol.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

.21 mile.  Down the street and back…. I’m trying.  Only paused a couple of times, back was giving me grief…. 

At least it’s a start…. Not including all the movement, laundry, cleaning house & sweeping, & putting food up…. 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

:wave:  You two are so good.

I haven't been counting my miles for a long time.      Well, I do have a fit bit and so it count the miles for me.     So I do write down how many miles a day.   

I need to get back to the treadmill and bike, it has been a while since I have been on either on.  

I'm so tired by noon that I just can't seem to do much at all.  

Now, my excuse is that I am needing to get crafts made for the craft shows we have coming up.    We had one last Saturday and I have to get things made to replace what sold.    :)      

I know, there is always time to set around, but, that is the time I need to ride and walk.    I so agree.    

You both are doing a GREAT job.      I couldn't see the HUGS smile.      So,   image.png

• Thanks 1