MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Winding Up/Down Wednesday

Good Morning,

The sun has not quite come up yet.

Today, I am winding down from the stress of the unknown, they kept telling "Calm down, it'll be ok". I was concerned how MIL would react from her first treatment. She seems to be doing OK this morning.

Then,

I realized tomorrow is Thanksgiving!?! Yikes! So much to do, so little time. Remember the song, "Time in a Bottle"? Wish I had some extra bottles stored on my shelves. LOL

I have got several ToDo lists on my ToDo list.

How is your day going?

Feeling a bit overwhelmed here too. Dr's are cutting mom loose from hospital "sometime today" ... but they also dealt with fungus on her toenails so she's hobbling around. GREAT! Son's got the flu...GREAT! So Philbe is cooking extra so I can leave a plate for son (aint going near him!) on back porch grill, and take mom a plate too (can't risk being a flu carrier to her).

Good Morning,

The sun has not quite come up yet.

Today, I am winding down from the stress of the unknown, they kept telling "Calm down, it'll be ok". I was concerned how MIL would react from her first treatment. She seems to be doing OK this morning.

Then,

I realized tomorrow is Thanksgiving!?! Yikes! So much to do, so little time. Remember the song, "Time in a Bottle"? Wish I had some extra bottles stored on my shelves. LOL

I have got several ToDo lists on my ToDo list.

How is your day going?

Praying that your mother-in-law continues to go well with her treatments, and that your stress eases.

I wish time could be bottled too :)

My day has been --I can't think of the exact word for it -- enlightening, perhaps. For awhile I've felt that the Lord has been trying to get me to see/understand certain things, and today some of those elements came together. It struck me with the patience the Lord has, and the compassion, slowly illuminating things rather than all at once and being blinding.

We had BIG TIME FOG this morning, so bad that I missed the road I take to work.The raod my factory is on is one big loop so I just took the next turn and drove around.

I heard the opperator page my superivsor and my only thought was my Mom. I did get a call from the hospital but it was only to tell me she was being released today.

Being at the hospital all week and working I relized I had no fresh food in the house.

Just got back from the store. I hope I got everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner. Good thing WM is open tomorrow.

I'm going over to see Mom and than going to bed. I haven't been sleeping well.

:grouphug:

:pray:

Fun, fun, fun. Went to the Dr. He said, "The 'bug' going around, most people think it is a flu or cold, but it isn't". Medded me up, while MIL left her med records, just in case she needs to see him during treatment. Even gave me a shot. "Whaaaaaa" The shot put me on the floor later in the day. Good grief.

Took MIL to the pharmacy. We stopped at Wally world and muddled through the croud looking for the 'last minute' supplies. LOL, MIL & I chuckled at the way people had a 'spaced' look as they wondered around for what ever they may be forgetting.

I certainly hope your mothers are doing well and am keeping them in my prayers, God knows.

I've got old bread drying, to be made into stuffing for the turkey. Dug up all my potatoes, most are only the size of a quarter and a few the size of peas. I'm going to make them into butter -n- parsley'ed baby potatoes for tomorrow. Also, dug up the carrots, might slice and saute' them as an additional side dish.

Making a list for all the thing we are thankful for this year. Even with all the trials, God has been faithful to keep us in His care.

What are you planning to make for your Thanksgiving dinner?

Answering Annarchy...bacon wrapped chicken breast with LOTS of seasoning, roasted potato wedges with parmesan, garlic & other good spices, green bean casserole, hot roll bread, cranberries with cottage cheese, baked beans, dressing, banana nut bread w/peanut butter icing, peanut butter fudge, peppermint ice cream and probably a few other things, and a nice glass of wine under candle light...AFTER we take plates to mom & son (no wine and no ice cream for them!). Got a take home pizza for supper tonight! LOL

Edited by Philbe