MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Chat Room test tonight?

Cat

Annarchy has found that our Chat Room *should* be able to hold up to 20 people now. So we'd like to test that and see if it's true.

Go ahead and play in it whenever you like, but I'm going to try and be in there at 7 PM tonight (eastern). Anyone else who wants to jump in, feel free. We can talk about anything you like; the weather, Christmas/holiday plans, how many nuts does it take to crash a chat room.... :happy0203:

LilDD will be busy tonight, so I shouldn't have any competition for the 'puter.

A few reminders -

Chat rooms can get goofy. By the time you're responding to somebody's comment, others have jumped in with other stuff. DON'T be offended or hurt. Just roll with it. :coffeescreen: One of the funniest conversations I ever had was with one person, and somehow we got to talking about a doll for my LilDD and our husbands, and somehow the conversation *could* have been taken that my hubby was "overly endowed", but it was the size of the doll. We weren't talking about husbands in THAT WAY, but the conversation looked like it. :sEm_blush: Years later, she still remembered that conversation with giggles.

There are certain kind-of "unwritten rules".

People normally say hello or hi when you enter, sometimes cyber-hugs are given. Be aware that others might do this or be so engrossed in their conversation that they don't. Don't feel hurt, please.

When you leave, saying goodbye is usual. Wait for others to say goodbye, if you can. Sometimes they want to tell you that "one last thing" before you go. Just "walking out", even in chat, FEELS like you walked out and slammed the door, (possibly angry?).

The smilies work there, too. They help to show whether you're joking, or being goofy, or serious. Use them.

If you don't understand what's being discussed, go ahead and ask. Most of the time you can scroll up and read what's been said. Many times when people first come in, they do that so they know, so they may not respond immediately to you until they get to where they entered.

Always be careful and please don't discuss other people here in a mean way. You don't know if they will see it or if somebody will tell them. Be kind, just as in real life.

Chat anyone??? :gathering:

Visited the chat a couple of times, it's fun. I like to address the person I'm responding to...that way everybody knows what conversation I'm addressing...LOL We're working on the Little House so not sure if we'll be home with din-din over by that time...we're not on eastern time. Will try though for sure! Maybe just pop in, say hi, and say bye.

Well, we ended up with 10 people at one point, so we know it *can be done* with at least that many. :woohoo:

When you are in chat, you can click on the little icon that looks like a folder, on the right, and you can be in Mrs S forums AND in chat. So you don't have to *leave* chat to, say, read a post mentioned, or post a recipe. :happy0203: (Thanks, snapshotmiki! It looks DELICIOUS!)

I sorta freaked gofish out when I pulled her into a "private chat". Our old chat rooms had that feature for everyone. *So far* it seems only the Moderators and Admin can do that. Annarchy is looking into that. (Sorry gofish! :hug3: I did try to warn you.) It doesn't kick you OUT of the regular chat, but pulls you into another one, with the option to go back and forth.

Go ahead, grab some friends and chat in "real time" whenever you like. I LOVE not being limited to 5.

:grouphug:

:blink: ......yeah, I forgot! Seems like I can't even remember to put on both shoes anymore. :yar:

Next time.... But it works with 10! And private chat possible. The board we could do that was my favorite one. It had many features that I could comprehend. Since that one, i'm mostly lost...

MtRider :wave: