MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happiness is a ball of yarn.

I'm picky about my yarn. I only like the soft yarns. If it's hard and scratchy it stays in the store.
Most of the time I use Caron's simply soft, I like the feel and it works up nicely.
I found some Lion Brand Yarn that was even softer then Caron and in a pretty color so I got it for a gift scarf I'm making someone. A simple 2 -3 hour project.

It took me some time to find the end of the yarn and the skein of yarn came unraveled and tangled and I think I got the wrong end pulled out the wrong way and both ends are now somehow involved with each other .
No problem. Right? It's part of the joy of working with yarn. :D

I usually have no problem getting tangles out, take your time and use logic.
Not this time.
Its one BIG TIGHTLY KNOTTED MESS. :angry::gaah::motz_6::banghead:

I'm had to cut out a big chunk just to save my sanity. :sigh:
I like to make very long scarfs and I'll go past what the pattern usually calls for and will only stop when I run out of yarn so this scarf might be shorter then I usually make them.

So as I was trying to untangle the mess and save as much of the yarn as I could muttering under my breath about taking scissors and stabbing it to death I look up to find Sadie the dog looking at me like I've really lost it.
Dh asked me if I hate it so much why do it. :mad:
I like to create something beautiful and useful.

It makes me happy.

Men. :pout:

LOL, I've done a similar thing, with the same result. I have recently started knitting again and made some boot socks and matching beanie hat for a Christmas giveaway.

I'd forgotten how soothing it is to do something repetive. No.1 son now wants a hat too...

Edited by Wychwood

I find a lot of different yarns available on amazon dot com... I have been learning to knit, my Stuck in a small town thread is about knitting. I enjoy it now that I am doing ok, learning little things as I go. It does soothe me to knit. There are tshirts out there with Knitting themes. Currently a popular one is " I knit so I won't kill anyone " .

Regarding the operator of the skein winder at factory level , that might apply???

My number one favorite project to crochet is a dishcloth. So I mainly use cotton yarns now. I finished up one last night and rather than starting a new one I rolled up a bunch of skeins that I had so that I can pick and choose when I next sit down to make a dishcloth.

In the meantime and when I can process the directions.. I'm making some boot toppers for my almost 8 yr old. Good way to pretty up some utilitarian snow boots. I hope to get at least one set made for her birthday in not quite 2 weeks. :happy0203:

The twine looking balls I think are considered "crochet thread" and you'd make doilies and more lacy types of stuff (I've used it for doing blanket stitching on woolens). I think my favorite is the Lily Sugar 'n Cream (I get it at Michaels). It's a 2 oz size but it makes 1-2 dish clothes depending on the size/pattern.