MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy thoughts...

Cat

Find something to smile about, remembering that there are many, many more GOOD people in this world than those who make the news so difficult to watch.

These are sweet reminders -

26 Moments That Restored Our Faith In Humanity This Year

Sometimes you need a reminder that people can do wonderful things.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

Absolutely Cat!

I am reminded also of Philippians 4:8

NIV

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

KJV

Finally, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
(Bold mine)

I keep reminding myself of all the good things around me, to push the bad stuff I hear out of my thoughts.

So... on the lighter side of life, we received some much needed rain, the clouds are clearing, the sun is shining, the birds are contently fed and MrsSurvival is running smoothly. :bouquet:

Agreed...just look around you at the folk's who jumped in to help Sandy victims...Katrina victims...and many right in our own community when tornadoe's destroyed two mobile home parks and several subdivisons. We even took a trip to WM and loaded up our van & donated blankets, comforters, pillows along with lots of personal care items. Our local WM busted up packages of soap etc., and sold them at discounted prices so people could buy them single or more. Yep...lots more good people than bad.

Cat and Gofish, thank you SO much for sharing those links.

Lou Xiaoying truly is a hero, and I feel if people like her were looked up to more, the world would be a much better place. She's more of a hero than a sports figure, actor, etc who are usually the ones kids/teens/adults look up to.

This bit from the article 'I realised if we had strength enough to collect garbage how could we not recycle something as important as human lives,' she explained. stuck with me. What a beautiful person, giving out of her need, showing so much love and care.

I can't thank you enough for sharing that. :hug3:

Edited by lumabean