MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cleanses

dogmom4

Does anyone have any information on how to do a body cleanse safely? There was a thread before Christmas with some discussion about them but I can't figure the search function.

Stacy

Check out some of Mamacat's posts. I believe she had some on that.

Safe is the key word here. People on meds, people who have health issues (even though they might be just the ones who really need the cleanse) and/ or specific diseases like diabetes or hypoglycemia (and others) should be cautious about undertaking a heavy cleanse without some sort of professional supervision.

I have a lot of health problems and can not handle any of the cleanses without having some real reactions. Though these reactions are most likely a healing crisis, I react so strongly as to become pretty ill. Instead I do periodic juice fasts, being cautious that I watch closely for symptoms and adjust the length of the fast and the nature of the fast. I go into them by eating lightly for two days, then one day of just blended soups (mostly raw and barely heated) and fruits and then several days (or as long as I can handle) of just freshly made fruit and vegetable juice. Then I reverse the whole process when I go off the fast. If I'm up to it I do one whole day in the middle of lemon juice and honey or maple syrup.

This is a very modest cleanse for most people but as I have hypoglycemia (kept rigidly in control as I don't want it to turn to diabetes which runs in our family) I have to be doubley sure that I don't get my blood sugar out of wack. I check my blood sugar often and watch for signs of weakness. I also try to do this when I can get more rest than normal.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Check out some of Mamacat's posts. I believe she had some on that.

I did find some of her posts thanks to Necie. Lots of really good info. I would really like to try doing a cleanse...maybe a modified version...not sure if I can still teach preschoolers on while fasting.

And even something as simple as whole wheat bread and honey will help somewhat, although you're still getting yeast in your system.

You WILL feel worse before you feel better when doing a cleanse, but that is your body saying "Hey, what the heck are you doing to me?!?!?!" before it realizes that you're trying to help!

Completely fasting with kids around, no. You will have zero energy for a few days. Would not do that. But going as raw and basic as you can will help. Even when you eat a healthy diet, you still get some "gunk" in your system.

Make sure to have plenty of clean water and keep your bowels moving.

Mo7

• 1 month later...

Archived