MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Frozen buttercream transfer

• 5 weeks later...

It's fairly easy to do and is good enough to eat! You print out a line drawing or use one from a coloring book. Tape wax paper over it. Take that to a cookie sheet or cardboard. Outine your design with black buttercream frosting. Fill in the other colors. You can use a small paintbrush to smooth the icing and get it into the corners. Add frosting around your picture in the color you plan to put on your cake. Put it in the freezer for at least two hours. Make your cake and frost it. Take the picture out of the freezer, flip it over and position it on the cake. Remove the wax paper. Fill around it with the same color of frosting used for the cake and smooth it with a cake spatula. Do the edge decorations and it's done! I also did the lettering this way. If you do letters or a design that needs to be "right side up", reverse the image before you do the design in icing.

• 3 weeks later...

What a cool technique! I can draw, too, now I have a new and fattening skill to try out....

Yikes...I must admit to all who visit this blog, that while I am an extremely good cook...I'm a poor baker! Told Mountain man right from start, don't expect no fancy cakes, pies or cookies from this gal. Just have never been any good at baking anything, and believe me, I've tried! LOL So I truly admire you chefs extraordinaire who bake up all these delicacies! Congrats...

Philbe,

I could teach you .. I know I could ! I have been working with my 62 year old neighbor gal. She could not bake a thing ! It was horrid. Last week I went over and watched her and helped her step by step. She had perfect gumdrop cookies ! First time ever good cookies for her !

She was beating things to death, so they were dry and tough. You need to treat cookies and things gently. Plus, her oven temp was off. I got her an oven thermometer.

Then, using dry measuring cups for dry ingredients and a liquid cup for liquid things can make all the difference. Yes, there is a difference.

Have you tried the cake mix cookies ? They are really easy and good ! Let me know if you want some help. I will sure try !

It also makes a difference if you try to use margarine "spread". It is too much water in it and it will not work. Butter is best.