MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Strange weather woes...

What a very strange morning today. Lots of snow, drifting, cold, windy, and then as I was driving with darkness and very low-visibility, there was *LIGHTNING*! :blink: Not once or twice, but several times. I didn't understand what it was, at first. Such a very odd thing! Snow lightning!

Several stoplights were out around my hometown as I drove through on the way to bigDD's. Then as I got near a "valley" where a construction company is located on the highway, traffic was backed up *both ways* and everyone had flashers on. I figured, oh, no big deal. I've got enough gas, I can wait. I called our daughter to tell her I might be a little late.

An hour and a half later, it still didn't look good. I found out from the very few passing drivers that there were two slide-offs to the east, and I was able to tell them that there was a semi truck in trouble behind me.

I had turned off the flashers long before (everyone was using them, and I was in the middle), turned off my lights, and turned off the car to conserve gas. I had the radio on from time to time, listening to the news. Then it started sounding funny... weird noises. What the heck??? :shrug:

I tried to start the car - no way. :o It couldn't. Not here - not now! Everyone would be mad, because I can't get out of the way, just when traffic was starting to move again! :tapfoot:

I started praying for a miracle - please let it start - PLEASE let it start! Nope. :o

I got out & the guy behind me tried to call a tow truck he knew from a nearby town, but no one answered. Every tow service had to be out and very busy. And how in the world would a tow truck get through that two-lane MESS to me? :sSig_help2:

Instead, a kind policeman - who happened to be guiding a tow truck from another nearby town towards the semi behind me - stopped, listened, and then asked the tow truck driver to jump start my car. I was so upset that I couldn't even get the stupid hood up (it's old & tricky), but he did, jump-started my car, and refused any payment. :sSig_thankyou:

Yup, I'm pretty sure God covered that one nicely. :pray:

God bless all the workers out in this mess of a winter... police, plow drivers, tow trucks, emergency workers... :wub:

Yes, I did, pfft2.gif and normally the little bit I used the radio wouldn't have been a problem.

*BUT* the battery is already older and was some slight trouble in the extra-cold weather we had earlier this winter. We really don't want to replace it because the car is a rusted mess that we are only using as long as it goes.

Since then, it's been fine - even started this morning with no hesitation.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the "sass"! :happy0203: )

:24: :24: :24:

In the Rockies, the weather event is called Thunder Snow. Often it comes with very heavy snow so that the lightning is often missed. So out of the white-out..... BOOM! :runcirclsmiley2:

<_< ....oh yeah...thunder snow!

:imoksmiley:

We usually get it a couple times per winter. Had never seen it before CO.

MtRider .....so glad you had people willing to be Jesus' hands....even if they didn't know it! :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider