Photo

Crofton Pressure cooker - your opinions/reviews?

5 replies to this topic

#1 FlaGal

FlaGal

Family Member

• Users2
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:gardening, blacksmithing, broommaking, herbalism, cooking, cheese-making, spinning, sewing

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

We just had an Aldi's open up near my workplace, and they are advertising a Crofton SS Pressure cooker for under $40.00 - so I'm wondering if this is a good deal or if I should pony up almost double the price for a Presto SS one?

Thank you!
Nihil Facilis Est!

#2 Violet

Violet

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

I don't know without seeing it. I do agree, though, get stainless steel and not aluminum.
I found two at the thrift stores for $15 each. One was brand new, the other just slightly used. My friend got an older model Presto for $7 at Goodwill. Just in case you want to try to find something less expensive yet.

I can, you can, too !

#3 mom11

mom11

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,117 posts
  • Interests:kids, kids, kids & crafts, gardening, and now canning

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

If it is a cooker, then I don't think you can use it for canning.

You can get a Presto, that cans for about $70-90.

#4 Violet

Violet

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

I think she justs wants a cooker, not a canner. That is what I though she was asking. The only thing is not being able to get replacement gaskets or parts later on.
This may help her out:
http://aldireview.niesens.com/forum/viewto...28d62b62dbabbd3
I can, you can, too !

#5 FlaGal

FlaGal

Family Member

• Users2
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:gardening, blacksmithing, broommaking, herbalism, cooking, cheese-making, spinning, sewing

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

Thanks, it is for cooking. I see that the maker of the Crofton pressure cooker is out of the country - so it would probably be difficult to find the replacement parts for it.....

Guess I'll put the Presto on my Christmas wish list!
Nihil Facilis Est!

#6 Cricket

Cricket

Family Member

• Users2
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Violet
I think she justs wants a cooker, not a canner. That is what I though she was asking. The only thing is not being able to get replacement gaskets or parts later on.

Hokey smokes! I got backup replacement gaskets, overpressure plugs and regulators for my canner, and never gave a thought to my pressure cooker! Thanks Violet!
I try to be good....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users