MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Going to Camp

ntjpm

Hi all I need your opinion, My DH, DS and myself all leave for 7 days at camp in 3 weeks. Besides not going :), is there something we could take daily to help boost our systems so we can fight off anything that might come with all those bodies being together. Specifically I am thinking of not bringing home the flu.

Thanks for your advice and help I really appreciate it.

Tracy in WA

There's nothing you can do to prevent carrying it on your clthes & body. Hubba went out of town literally the day I found out about the SF. I was freaking out that he'd carry it home. He walked in & stripped & dropped everything in a pile so I could lysol it all. Had the washer running when he pulled up & everything (neurotic much am I?).

Anyhoo, pre-virus, you can take various things- echinacea, elderberry, LOTS of vit. C, and I've been taking something called Immunity Shots that has colloidal silver/grapefruit seed extract/ and a couple other things in it. I got bronchial asthma this year & where it usually lasts for no less than 3 weeks, I had it kicked within 10 days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your help and info. We are back from camp and I am happy to say that we had NO incidents of flu. I sent a lot of info to the camp director and the camp nurse and they were very well prepared to deal with it if it showed up. Thankfully it stayed away. :) the temp did reach 102 while we were there on Wednesday so I am not sure if the high temp had anything to do with it. However we came home Saturday to my 9 year old DS who stayed the week with grandma throwing up and had a fever :( I quickly gave him some oscillo and the next day he was up and running again. :) So thank you so much.

Tracy in WA

Archived