• 1,024 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

----- Forwarded Message -----
Subject: FW: Please Read This... Be Safe

A MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL

STATE OF MISSISSIPPI, JACKSON, MS...

SITUATION...
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw
an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of
thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination,

I called the CantonPD and they were going to check it out. But, this is
what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of...gangs and thieves are now
plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their
vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department
where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it.. .
waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or
grassy (field) area and the person--woman -- will be dragged into the
woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man,
they are usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW,

BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD,

DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER, AND DO NOT

SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND

BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%. YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE

THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM
OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS,

SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS

WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this.

This is a new tactic used.
Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES
TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM, SO AS NOT

TO BECOME A VICTIM.

I NEVER would've considered NOT turning on the wipers to try and clear my windshied! :dusting: What about you???:ashamed0002:

Edited by Midnightmom, 12 February 2011 - 09:46 PM.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this.

By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities.

George Mason, Father of the "Bill of Rights"

#2 Trudy

Trudy
  • Users2
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:I love to quilt and crochet in the winter and can in the summer. I work on my family tree in between.

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

Now this is SCARY! Where I'm from, we went to jackson often to shop! A lot of my family and friends still do. I'm going to tell them about this imediately. Thanks for the post.

#3 Amishway Homesteaders

Amishway Homesteaders

Living the Homestead Life

• Users2
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

........................... and this is just one of thse things that make you go - WOW!
= = = = Michael and Lori = = = =THE AMISHWAY HOMESTEADERS
= = = in touch with the past = = =

http://www.freewebs....hway_homestead/
Posted Image

#4 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Users2
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:09 AM

According to Snopes this is FALSE

http://www.snopes.co...gs/eggthrow.asp

#5 ANewMe

ANewMe

Ebook Hoarder

• Users2
  • 1,774 posts
  • Interests:reading, book reviews, blogging, sign language

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

Well maybe that one may be false but let me share with you something that I know to be true.

I got an email that was sent out and the orginator of the email was someone that I knew. Her son who is an older teenager was coming home one night and saw a lady on the side of the road. He doubled back to see if she needed help and she was terrified of him and almost hysterical. Come to find out she was "accidentally" run off the road. The person who ran her off stopped and came to her car as if he was going to check on her reached in the window grabbed her by her hair and tried to snatch her out. He managed to get her purse with cell. Luckily Jeremy stopped and was able to get her some help. But the whole thing had been orchestrated.

picksnpassions.blogspot.com

#6 themartianchick

themartianchick

Quail Flockmistress

• Users2
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

I love Snopes for disproving rumors, but you have to wonder if these types of emails would spark people to do things like this. The egg thing didn't get me so much...but the baby thing bothers me. It is like stories of the Trojan Horse or belling a cat...They stick with me as cautionary tales. I can imagine that they would stay with people who are criminally minded, too. They may not try them out today but when the SHTF, they just *might* do it!

In the past 20 years, we have stopped to check on 3 people who appeared to be dead. One was a man in his early 20's who got drunk and passed out on his mother's porch. We were passing through a neighborhood that wasn't very nice and we actually thougnt that he might have been stabbed or shot..

The second one was a mentally disabled man in his 50's or so. He was sprawled out on the front lawn of a house.

The third one was about 3 or 4 months ago. I came out of my office building and was locking my door. I saw what looked like a bundle of old clothes lying in a heap beside the church next door. Then I realized that it was a man. My husband was in the car and I just gestured to him and he went to check it out. It was a man who is known to have psychiatric problems and he was sleeping until the local shelter opened up at 5.

I can't imagine NOT stopping to check on someone under those circumstances. A possible baby on the side of the road or in a swampy spot or something? I would probably stop. I've seen plenty of Hollywood movies where someone or something is used as bait for an ambush but I never think twice before helping. I guess that is an area that I need to toughen up on.

#7 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

If you MUST get out to check, have your CCW drawn! Doesn't hurt to have the cell phone in your hand and 911 on speed dial either.
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#8 Dee

Dee
  • Moderators
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

If these examples are true or not I think the main point is to pay attention and to think before you act. I remember back in the 50's I had an uncle that lived in Damascus. He told my parents that no matter what happened out on the countryside highways he was told, DO NOT STOP. Even if he ran over someone he was to go straight to the authorities and let them take care of it. Sixty years later our country is getting closer to that same point. In Damascus it wasn't always a "bad guy" creating situations but it was often enough that people were warned to not help.

What a sad commentary on society in general.

#9 Jori

Jori

happy Hoosier Mama

• Users2
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

I will admit that MOST of the time I don't stop to offer add. The times I do, it's usually on the country roads, BUT it's usually a farmer. The country roads are also the ones I grew up on so I know people that live in the general area, but will admit it's still not smart.

I was driving home from work late one night, I was 18 & on a well traveled state road. I had a car pull up behind me ride my tail, turn off the headlights, back off, repeat. It went on for several miles before he finally passed me and then pulled over and stopped a mile ahead. There was a dive bar that was opened & I almost stopped for help but thought it best to not since I was a minor. A few days later, I was talking to a County Sheriff's officer about it and he told me because of the circumstances I would have been fine going into the bar for help. But he did say, I probably wouldn't have made it in. So, I don't stop for the most part, phone is in reach, and the doors are always locked. I don't always have my CCW but I take the rest of the precautions that I can.

#10 Midnightmom

Midnightmom

Y2K Leftover

• Users2
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

According to Snopes this is FALSE

http://www.snopes.co...gs/eggthrow.asp

I know that. The point of my posting was the idea of NOT KNOWING that water will turn eggs white! So, if you get egged while driving, don't use your wipers. :cheeky-smiley-067:

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this.

By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities.

George Mason, Father of the "Bill of Rights"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users