#21 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Glad to see you post in 'person'
Praying you become Missouri bound, or at least out of Texas, soon. :pray:

BTW, not saying anything is wrong with Texas. My son was born there.
Just wishing for a better spot for CGA and DD.

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#22 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Texas is hot too much of the yr, so I'd love to get somewhere cooler!
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#23 TurtleMama

TurtleMama

Canning/Dehydrating Fiend ;)

• Users2
  • 1,426 posts
  • Interests:Canning, dehydrating, standing up for the principles of the United States of America, and of course, my amazing family -- especially my precious son and daughter and my sweet DH.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

CGA, I was wondering how your DD reacted...glad she was okay! Stay safe and keep us updated on the condition of yur home! ((((CGA))))
A Dragon is, after all, the ultimate preparedness weapon. ;)

#24 windmorn

windmorn
  • Users2
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4H, gardening, cooking, nutrition, natural healing

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

:pray:
Posted Image

#25 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Daughter didn't realize anything was up except that she didn't get breakfast right away. I grabbed her from the table and shoved shoes on her then dragged her up the hill to our neighbor's. She got breakfast there. Not at all like last time, we had to be rescued by boat. I had the house moved since then.
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

Posted Image

#26 snapshotmiki

snapshotmiki

Farm Wife

• Users2
  • 2,394 posts
  • Interests:Photography, canning, schnauzers, sewing

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm so glad you are both ok and your goaties too!!!!! This is my first time on here today and I did not know you were flooded! Are you back in your home now?
John 14:27 ...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?!

Miki

Posted Image

#27 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yes, we were only gone a few hours. I would have been ok just sitting outside in a chair, but daughter needed to be more sheltered and I needed someone to help me rescue the goats. I am going to fence their new shelter so they can't abandon it for the old one just because of a thunder storm making noise. The new one is on higher ground and near the house. I could have got them up the hill by myself except they had run in the middle of the night back to their old shelter. The worst of the current and the lowest spot is between the old shelter and the house.

Posted Image

#28 Becca_Anne

Becca_Anne

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Glad you, your dd, the dog and the goats are ok!

#29 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,177 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

ACK! :blink: I just got my laptop running again [or rather DH spent a whole two days trying to remove whatever crud I managed to download] to this is the first I've seen this too.

((((((((((((CGA & DD )))))))))))))))

As I read the post title, I immediately was thinking, "Thank YOU, God for sending that crew to move her trailer out of the direct path of flooding!!!" :amen:

I've actually had you on my mind at various times lately, CGA. Now I know why, huh? Whew!

MtRider [...sooooooo very glad that Our Father was watching out for you and DD ....and goats/dogs...etc. ]
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#30 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Glad to see you back Mt_Rider! I've been worried about you.

Posted Image

#31 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,177 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Compared to your excitement [and Miki's], I've had boredom.

As in: right fine, warm weather for January;

spending quality time in bed to get rid of this nagging back strain [durned heavy hay bale!];

and some blasted thing I downloaded [supposed to have been an eBook reader :shakinghead:] and reeaaaaallllly plugged up my computer.

It took DH a couple weeks to have time to fix it. He was forced to buy a laptop for his tax business this year [forced to file electronically if you do other people's taxes, that is.... :banghead: ] and had to replace other things like the DSL modem that was also too antiquated to handle the Windows7. :rolleyes: It just went on and on! I had to laugh one day, a week into this on-going mess. He was heading out the door mumbling something about "welcoming an EMP and THEN see how TPTB can try to interfere even MORE in tangling up our lives". :motz_6:

Sooooo, how is the fence fixing coming? How are the goats/dogs/poultry/...do you currently have pigs-still-on-hoof?

MtRider :pc_coffee: <-----with cat draped across my forearms. :lol:

Edited by Mt_Rider, 02 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.
fix code for smilie

Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#32 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I feel for DH. There are so many times I'm ready to toss modern technology into the creek!

Fence repairs came to a screeching halt when I dumped boiling water over my left hand and left foot. I already had a bad sore on my left heel from so much walking in wet, sandy boots, trying to get the goats and dogs rescued. Maybe in a few days I can get back to it. I have to find the lid to the septic or order a new one because the flood took the lid off and it floated downstream. Hoping it is in the neighbor's pasture, but can't try till I can wear boots again.

I butchered my last pig about a yr ago but the wild ones are still giving trouble. Maybe I should buck up and learn to shoot the .303 and lay in wait for them? .22 just isn't powerful enough to stop a pig.

Hope your back is better.

Posted Image

#33 sassenach

sassenach
  • Users2
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Aw, CGA, blisters hurt. Do rest and pamper your feet.

I just saw a local article , coverage on wild boars in my area. Not too many miles away, they were wreaking havoc in a favorite organic orchard called Rulfs and some went to work hunting the boars there to get rid of them. They had also created at least a few accidents on the Interstate. So I guess the ok is to hunt the creatures down. One in the pics taken of a successful kill was quite large. I would hope I never run across these boars when I am out and about but now I know they are here.

I had never heard anyone talking about wild boars in this area but they certainly are here and becoming a problem in several ways.
I know they are pretty dangerous too if you come on them.

I wish you luck in dealing with the bunch in your place. free ham and bacon on the hoof as far as I am concerned. I do not know if a hunting license is required for boar here in NY State but in some states it is not and I know many just dispatch what are considered varmints anyhow. So I think anyone taking out a problem boar would be within their natural rights out of sheer protection and if they dress it out, then they make use of the meat and there is nothing wrong with that. At least it won't go to waste.

If it was me I would not be going outside unless I was armed if I knew boars were right around. They are probably pretty disgruntled from the flooding affects.

~~~~ Previously known as Arby . :americanflag:

#34 AMarthaByHeart

AMarthaByHeart

Family Member

• Users2
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Getting back to basics of life, survival, etc.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

CGA, thankful you are back home but do take care of that foot. You are right. Texas is hot, especially where you live and humid also. That makes it worse. Hope you find you lid to septic. Maybe neighbors can be on the look out. By the way, you know if you kill one pig andanother will take its place. Boy, they are really doing a number on the farms and ranches around here and are really mean. As far as eating, on the news it said that some were carrying deseases. I don't know what kind. My son likes to kill them, then they grill the tenderloin part. I warned him, but he said they cook it until well done.

Edited by AMarthaByHeart, 02 February 2012 - 05:06 PM.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,
in all of your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

#35 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

I didn't know the wild pigs were all the way to NY. You don't need a license to hunt them here and it is always open season on them. I've never eaten one myself. I've heard the young ones are ok to eat.

Posted Image

#36 snapshotmiki

snapshotmiki

Farm Wife

• Users2
  • 2,394 posts
  • Interests:Photography, canning, schnauzers, sewing

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

I sure hope your hand and foot get better fast! All tasks seem so difficult when we're not at full strength. I bet we have wild pigs around where our new place is. Middle of nowhere!
John 14:27 ...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?!

Miki

Posted Image

#37 The MacKinnon

The MacKinnon
  • Users2
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Christian Faith & Theology, Homesteading, History, Preps, Dogs, Horses

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, I'm a day late and dollar short. With all my adventures, I didnt' realize other folks were having adventures of their own. :smiley_shitfan:

CGA, I'm so glad you and DD are safe and hopefully on your way to full recovery. I love Texas dearly but understand the realities of weather especially in your neck of the Republic.

Hugs and prayers from here.
Posted Image
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow
for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

#38 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks, Alexis.

Posted Image

#39 AMarthaByHeart

AMarthaByHeart

Family Member

• Users2
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Getting back to basics of life, survival, etc.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

You're right CGA. It was a small pig they ate. It was tearing up his friend's wife early garden. Don't know what was in it but she was sure mad. They have wreaked havoc in West Texas.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,
in all of your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users