Photo

Could use some uplifting prayers please.

9 replies to this topic

#1 RusticOkie

RusticOkie

Family Member

• Users2
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

It just seems as though one thing after another keeps knocking us down and just when we get back up and start to see the light we're hit with something again. It is really starting to take a toll on our spirits and I feel overwhelmed. It isn't anything life threatening, just life. Car repairs, injuries, sickness, lost wages, unexpected expenses, etc. Just the weight of the world pushing down it seems.

Today was a particularly bad day we received notice that we would not be receiving our tax refund as it would be going to pay for dh's student loans even though we make payments to them monthly so our plan to get ahead and take care of some necessities was squashed. And then he was also supposed to take the test to become a fire fighter at a local department today but he hyper-extended his knee while fighting a grass fire earlier in the week (he's a volunteer firefighter right now) so he didn't get the job. I'm really trying hard to stay positive for him (and of course we don't want the kids worrying) but I'm having a hard time keeping up the smiles and positive attitude. He asked me tonight what we were doing wrong that everything keeps turning out this way. I felt so badly for him.

I just feel like everything is working against us no matter how hard we're trying to do better and get ahead.

We're trying to stay positive and keep the faith but after a while it is hard to do.

I am concerned for the security of our great nation, not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within. ~ General Douglas MacArthur

#2 Cat

Cat

Looking to Him...

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Interests:Crafts, cooking & baking, parenting... Oh, LOTS of stuff!!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

((((((((((((RusticOkie))))))))))))

There is nothing evil likes better than for God's people to get discouraged. And yes, it's very hard sometimes to stay positive when stuff just keeps coming.

I'm sorry all this came at once. I'm sorry it feels overwhelming. I'm praying that God will send you something specifically designed to help you see His mercy and His love. Might only be a rainbow or an unexpected penny on the sidewalk, but YOU ARE NOT ALONE. God loves you and wants only the best for you.

My husband was, and still is, deeply crushed when his boss at work reneged on his promise to give/sell each of three workers a share of the business. He sold it to two, and specifically excluded my husband. He was showing signs of Altzheimer's, but had always showed favoritism to the other two workers.

I told my husband then, through his pain, that maybe God was saving him *from* something. That maybe one day he will understand it and know God's protection. We were talking about it yesterday, again, and he told me that he has considered my words many times. He watches the stress and health problems the two (new) owners have. He knows that when it is time to retire, that he will be able to walk away knowing that no matter what, *he* always gave his best and treated others fairly, honestly, and with respect. He has a great reputation in the area where he works... men have told him that "so-and-so" told him that he needed to call this guy (by name) at his business, because he will ALWAYS help, or can find someone who will.

It still hurts him, but we know that God is ALWAYS faithful. He will never desert those who follow Him. And maybe someday we'll understand.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

:bighug2:

cat.jpg

Where words and actions disagree, the heart is revealed.

Look how often the unexpected happens... and we still don't expect it.

#3 Darlene

Darlene

Nobody knows the trouble I've been...

• Administrators
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:www.shadowwingsfarm.com

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

You are not alone. I see our Father doing the exact same 'pressing' in all His childrens lives. Working through circumstances that wear us down even though we try day after day to hold on to a little hope and garner enough strength to take one more step forward. There is a refining going on and I don't know if this will make any sense because it's something that I'm just beginning to learn myself, but I see Him working in our lives to get the 'flesh' to finally die, so that the 'spirit' in each of us can live. When you take a Type A strong personality like me who never gives up and who has lived a life under the banner of "if there's a will, there's a way", that 'dying' process feels very slow and painful.

There is a reason He is molding each of us into a level of dependence we've never known before. I don't know about you, but my mind and heart rebels at giving up. I believe that we all know this concept in an intellectual level and understand we turn our will and life over to Him, but to do it on a deeper level is uncharted waters for all of us.

I do know one thing and that is if I accept the molding and pressing He is doing in my life, acknowledging that it is Him and Him alone that is doing it...and trust Him no matter what, at some point in time it won't be me that others see, it will be Him through me.

We all know the scriptures, "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me...", "IN Him, etc"...no where is it recorded that we accomplish anything on our own two feet or by sheer will and might alone. Getting there, and comprehending what I'm trying to explain above is a challenge and is only illuminated by His Spirit. I don't 'get it' yet, I just have glimpses and am being drawn. I'm experiencing a mourning per se, letting go of all I know and allowing Him to strip me of all that so that He can do what He's destined to do in me.

For example, here's been a glimpse into my personal journey as I've been pressed like you...

He says: "For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not [b]adjusted and [c]adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to [d]a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently."

I said, "why do I even have to go through that? Why can't You just "poof" me into holiness? Why do I have to hurt so bad to get to where I need to be? It's not right nor fair that this is how my life is"...

I now say, "my heart hurts from sadness but I'm too weary to hold onto it anymore. Yes Lord, I will trust You...do the work You need to do, no matter what"...

He says, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

I said, "You have got to be kidding me, this is nuts...what the heck is happy about trials and testing? I resent the fact that this is our lot in life...and I REALLY resent the fact that it's all Adam and Eve's fault. If they hadn't sinned then we wouldn't have to suffer like this"... (I've really felt that way)

I now say, "I don't necessarily understand but I have no choice but to trust You...not trusting You is not an option. Status quo isn't good enough so do what You desire to do Lord."

He says, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

I said, and still say, "Oh. Ok."

I pray that the work He is doing in you and your family would be protected from interference of the enemy. I pray that He would increase your faith for our measures are given by Him alone. I pray that through the power and gentleness of His Holy Spirit that your eyes would be lifted off the circumstances that seek to do nothing but drown you, and lift them upwards towards the heavenlies, to the One who sees with eyes of compassion and with a heart full of love, the struggles and heartache you are going through. It is His will that you trust Him.

And I pray His promise over you and yours..."Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]".

Because of Jesus, our Savior and all that He is and has done, I offer this prayer.

"One day, were going to stand before the gates of Heaven. Some of us want to be able to walk up there in a white robe and we want to sing Abba Father and Amazing Grace and we want to say to the Lord, I worshiped You. But I want you to think about this: Heres the way I want to enter the gates of Heaven. I want to come skidding in there on all fours. I want to be slipping and sliding and I want to hit the gates of heaven with a bang. And when I stand up and I stand before Christ, I want there to be blood on my knees and my elbows. I want to be covered with mud. And I want to be standing there with a ragged breast plate of righteousness. And a spear in my hand. And I want to say, Look at me, Jesus. Ive been in the battle. Ive been fighting for you. Ladies and gentlemen, put your armor on and get into battle. God bless you." ~ General William G. Boykin, U.S. Army (ret.)

#4 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,717 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

:pray:

Anchor

3/11/12

A WHISPER OF HOPE

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
(Psalm 42:5)

I recently attended the funeral of a young mother who died in a tragic car accident. The grief of her husband, children, family and friends was intensely deep. My heart ached as I watched their little five year old daughter climb up onto daddy's lap, and the way their eight year old son tenderly reached up to comfort him. The large assembly of people gathered was hushed throughout much of the service, but in the stillness - in spite of the depth of grief - a profound and radical hope was present. Hope, knowing their friend, wife, mother was safe with Jesus. Hope, that one day there will be a grand reunion in heaven. Hope, because God knows and is in control.

We've all been in those dark places where we longed to know that we will get through; that we are not alone; that joy will come again. Whatever our hurt, whatever our pain, our raw wounds desperately need the tender healing of Jesus. He is our only Hope-Giver, for He is the One who has crushed Satan. He's the One who whispers true hope to our grieving hearts.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#5 windmorn

windmorn
  • Users2
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4H, gardening, cooking, nutrition, natural healing

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

#6 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,062 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Amen to what Darlene said!!

I read something that is one of those "remember for the hard times" type of revelations. It was in a recent newsletter from Gary Wilkerson [son of the late David W.]. "Exhausted yet pursuing"

He relates the story of Gideon leading the army against the Midianites. Enemy was 100,000 men and Isreal had 22,000. Yikes! But they pushed on. Then God told Gideon that he had too many men to fight the Midianites. :o :blink:

Huh? Yep! So HE said anyone who was tired, discouraged, distraught to go home and rest...put your feet up. Some of them thot that was a great plan. But....they did this and left the rest to fight? Who of honor would do that? I often wonder what happened to those men who left cuz they were 'tired'. Not that they weren't ALL truly exhausted...but still.

Then [Judges 7:4] God told Gideon "The people are stil too many" Aiieeeee! "You've got to be kidding God! You are going to reduce my resources even FURTHER? WHY?" So the men were separated by how they took a drink at the stream....to see who was staying alert on the job and who only cared for their own thirst.

So then Gideon was down to 300 men against 100,000 which even us civilians know is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Exactly!

But God had told Gideom why there were too many before He whittled them down to 300 fighting men. Judges 7:2 "The people with you are still too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hand, lest Israel boast over Me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me" [bold is mine]

And of course HE gave the victory to 300 faithful men who were QUITE SURE they did not accomplish this goal. What were their lives like then? How did this change the rest of their days? How did it change the rest of men who had been eliminated?

So I keep thinking...y'know, despite being exhausted beyond measure, in severe pain, not really understanding ANYTHING....I still wanna be a part of the 300.

MtRider :amen:
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#7 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I have to keep reminding myself that God is in complete control of everything. He said that "all things work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose." So if He is in complete control and all things work for my good, then even my utter exhaustion, all my struggles, all the seemingly bad that happens to me, is in His plan. Now why would I want to be anywhere except in the very center of His will? THAT is why we are told to rejoice in our sufferings. It is because those sufferings are part of HIS perfect will for our lives and we are to rejoice that we are in HIS perfect will. Even if, for the moment, that place we are in is so narrow and painful.
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#8 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Sending you hugs and prayers!

:hug3: :pray:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#9 sassenach

sassenach
  • Users2
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Feeling somewhat overwhelmed here too but they are all right about God.
I just think you need to stay the course, something will come along that will be of help to you all. Maybe something different than your hubby thought, but something.
Stay strong in God and let Him have it all and He will see you through things.
I have to do that too and that requires dialogue, a lot of it, prayer and listening and being patient and doing better at what I need to be doing. Its not easy 'cuase its easier to be all fuddled and in a depressed state over it, its harder to live with purpose.
But that is how God designed it , that we live with purpose.
So, lift your chin, gurl and keep going hon.
We are here for you.

~~~~ Previously known as Arby . :americanflag:

#10 Becca_Anne

Becca_Anne

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm so sorry things are rough right now. Have faith that better things are in store for you. Keep your chin up and keep trying! :bighug2:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users