Photo

Praise

13 replies to this topic

#1 TurtleMama

TurtleMama

Canning/Dehydrating Fiend ;)

• Users2
  • 1,426 posts
  • Interests:Canning, dehydrating, standing up for the principles of the United States of America, and of course, my amazing family -- especially my precious son and daughter and my sweet DH.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I have believed in God for years...after journeying through many different "philosophies" and earth based expressions of faith. However, I have always been a "church hopper," carrying expectations and beliefs from my previous religious experiences with me through my faith journey, and (no surprise) never really finding peace or happiness in any of the churches I went to. Someone once actually called me a "serial theist." It really was a true statement. I've been agnostic, Wiccan, Catholic, Baptist, dabbled in Buddhism, LDS (Mormon), Unitarian, and on and on. There was no comfort. There was no joy in my spirit. I'm not trying to disrespect any of these religions, or say that nobody can find them to be satisfying...they just weren't for me.

Then, last week, I had a true epiphany. A true "bolt from the blue." I had, for many years, called myself a Christian...but I had never REALLY submitted to Christ. I had never truly and fully put my trust in Him and Him alone. I had carried bits and pieces of my past experiences with me. I wanted a conglomeration, I didn't want to let go of beliefs or patterns of behavior that were not consistent with a true faith in Christ.

I was driving down the road when I had this realization that I had never TRULY trusted Jesus Christ. I immediately pulled into a parking lot and was nearly in tears. I prayed, really prayed, not just by rote, for the first time in a long time....prayed that I wanted to trust in Christ and Him alone. Since then, we've found a church that we love, one that emphasizes the Bible, mission opportunities near and far, and ways to show mercy in our community and the world. The people are amazing, and there are so many ministres to participate in. Our children love it. It even provided me an opportunity to connect with an old friend when I saw that she had signed up JUST before me at a ministry pavillion!! I got her phone number and immediately called her...we're now back in touch and I'm so grateful!

My husband has agreed to me quitting work and staying at home again, affording me more time with my 8 and 5 year old children and the opportunity to be with them during the summer instead of at work. I believe that this is a direct result of my new trust in the Lord...I never would have had the courage to approach my DH about it if I didn't feel totally convicted that as a mom, my children and not my career need to be my first priority. I can't help but believe that God made this possible.

I feel a total, beautiful, complete peace -- for the first time ever. I have the realization that with everything I am battling right now -- it doesn't matter. It's all in His hands...not on my shoulders. God can bear this so much better than I can. I have articulated that before, but never FELT the peace that comes with total surrender. It's beautiful.

There are so many difficulties, so many hardships for so many of our members right now. I just wanted to offer up a praise to our wonderful God...a little smile in the midst of hardship. I feel like for the first time I can truly come alongside all of you now and do what little I can to intercede in prayer, in total trust to the Lord that He will make a way for all of you who request prayer...I pray for God's blessings for you all. Praise the Lord who REALLY does make all things new!!! Even when we are tarnished and dented....he can smooth out the imperfections and make the stains shine! I am SO grateful for that! :)

God bless all of you!
A Dragon is, after all, the ultimate preparedness weapon. ;)

#2 Virginia

Virginia

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Church, canning, gardening, sewing

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Wonderful, praise be to God for His unending mercy.
Virginia

#3 Amishway Homesteaders

Amishway Homesteaders

Living the Homestead Life

• Users2
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

now that is just COOL!
you never know where or when He will come calling and good for you for pulling over and letting it happen!
:AmishMichael2:
= = = = Michael and Lori = = = =THE AMISHWAY HOMESTEADERS
= = = in touch with the past = = =

http://www.freewebs....hway_homestead/
Posted Image

#4 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 9,454 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

((((TurtleMama)))))) Great testimony, sister!

MtRider :amen:
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#5 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

That's WONDERFUL!
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#6 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

God bless all of you!

Snippet:

And God Bless You Too! :hug3:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#7 snapshotmiki

snapshotmiki

Farm Wife

• Users2
  • 2,389 posts
  • Interests:Photography, canning, schnauzers, sewing

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Amen! I'm keeping you in prayer!!!
John 14:27 ...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?!

Miki

Posted Image

#8 dogmom4

dogmom4

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 5,447 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, dogs, preparing for whatever comes...

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Wonderful to hear TurtleMama! Thank you for the prayers....sending them off for you too.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

#9 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,525 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

God works in mysterious ways, for His glory!

:amen:

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#10 kathy003

kathy003

Family Member

• Users2
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Amen Turtle mama,, how many of us have gone through this?? In the last 4 months I have completely given myself to Jesus Christ and the results have been amazing! I don't worry about things we need because He said He would provide for our needs, and you know what? He was right! ( i know, I sound surprised here). It is just so amazing. Every day I try to be a better person.

#11 AMarthaByHeart

AMarthaByHeart

Family Member

• Users2
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Getting back to basics of life, survival, etc.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

May the Lord bless you and your family in your new walk with Him. Praises really are in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,
in all of your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

#12 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 9,454 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

:thumbs: for you too, Kathy003!

Y'know folks, with all that seems to be coming down the road, we've all got to get REAL serious and REALLY connected to Jesus. Daily...in His Word. Moment by moment having conversation [prayer] with Him...getting His opinion on how your life should go even in the allegedly mundane tasks we do. :feedme: :dusting: :clothesline: These things are our life and He's in it!

Life's just too big and tooooooo much to bear without Him. Especially now if what we think is happening ...is happening. We can have all kinds of confidence in ourselves, in our preps, in our ....[job, social position, families, money, IRA's, stock&bonds, knowledge, good sense, good hearts, ....]. But we have to come to KNOW that all of that can get blown away in a minute. :twister3: And then what do we have?

Gotta be setting the anchor in reallly deep with Christ now...cuz things are already moving and shaking. Finding out NOW how to do that is the #1 prep. Cuz even if tomorrow the skies are all sunny and blue or :smiley_shitfan: ----either way, you have Him and His guidance, protection, love, assurance, assignments.....to His glory and PLANS.

MtRider :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider, 24 April 2012 - 07:02 AM.

Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#13 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yes, we need to practice being in His Presence constantly and knowing when He is speaking to us.
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#14 Darlene

Darlene

Nobody knows the trouble I've been...

• Administrators
  • 11,578 posts
  • Interests:www.shadowwingsfarm.com

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Very true Mt Rider. For a while now I've been feeling a need to press in closer, knowing (because His Spirit is faithful to whisper to all God's children His truths) that things in this world are getting far more serious than what we even know yet. A couple of weeks ago I found myself revisiting some things that He used to build my foundation with Him and before I knew it a fire was lit and He began to start working very fast in some areas in my life.

He knows I jump off those edges very easily and He taught me years ago that it's safe when He asks me to 'jump' into His will for my life. I've been finding myself wanting and needing to spend extended amounts of time with Him, whether it be in prayer, in His Word or listening to others He has called to serve Him. He's laying on my heart very heavy the fact that our relationship with Him is very serious, meaning Darlene doesn't have the time to go do what she wants...she needs to lay down her will and to the best of her ability seek His face and His will for her life. My relationship with Him has taken on a more serious tone to it and in being willing to lay my will down He in turn is filling me with His peace as He directs my steps each day.

"One day, were going to stand before the gates of Heaven. Some of us want to be able to walk up there in a white robe and we want to sing Abba Father and Amazing Grace and we want to say to the Lord, I worshiped You. But I want you to think about this: Heres the way I want to enter the gates of Heaven. I want to come skidding in there on all fours. I want to be slipping and sliding and I want to hit the gates of heaven with a bang. And when I stand up and I stand before Christ, I want there to be blood on my knees and my elbows. I want to be covered with mud. And I want to be standing there with a ragged breast plate of righteousness. And a spear in my hand. And I want to say, Look at me, Jesus. Ive been in the battle. Ive been fighting for you. Ladies and gentlemen, put your armor on and get into battle. God bless you." ~ General William G. Boykin, U.S. Army (ret.)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users