Photo

Anyone in Alabama?

9 replies to this topic

#1 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,293 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was just wondering if anyone is in Alabama? I just found a long-lost aunt, four half-brothers, and a pile of cousins there. My aunt lives in Glencoe. I have other family in Cullman.

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

#2 sewandsew

sewandsew
  • Users2
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

Me.

#3 mommato3boys

mommato3boys

19th century girl stuck in the 21st century

• Users2
  • 4,524 posts
  • Interests:digging in the dirt, camping, reading, crafts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Don't live there now but I am from Alabama. My family is from Walker County.
Posted Image
wife to a darling man since 1981 and mother to 3 wonderful young men.
http://muffiesplace.blogspot.com
Don't tick off a redhead it very well could be the last thing you ever do.

#4 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,293 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

My mom's side of the family would be Hopper and Taylor. My dad's side would be Tidmore and McElroy. I've been working on my family history for several years now. I was thrilled to finally find an aunt (my dad's sister). She contacted me years ago shortly before my dad died. He had left my mom and me and gone back there. He died of a heart attack. I finally mangaged to find her when a cousin ran across my family tree on ancestory.com. She messaged me and got my information to my aunt. I am planning to make a trip to that area to do some in-person research and finally meet my relatives including four half-brothers. I'm sure we have a lot of catching up to do. :gathering:

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

#5 Ambergris

Ambergris

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,496 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Writing. Gardening and permaculture. Cat-wrangling. Puppy-feeding. Beekeeping.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I used to have people all over Alabama, from the Tennessee Valley down to Citronelle, but we're not in touch any more. I sort of keep track of people in Ashford. Sort of. :sEm_blush: Not very Southern of me, is that?

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow (1908-1965)

#6 Momo

Momo

Family Member

• Moderators
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I live in North Alabama at Lake Guntersville.

I go to Cullman occasionally. It is a small scenic town founded by Germans a little over 100 years ago. Glencoe is just a few miles away from Cullman.
Tell Mom the cat did it!

#7 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Dad's family is from Alabama. I was born there. Left when I was 13. Dad passed when I was 20 and I lost touch with his family.
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#8 Kelly

Kelly

Family Member

• Users2
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:quilting, cooking, gardening, crafts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

I live in Northport which is right at Tuscaloosa. I know where Cullman is.

#9 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

I know Taylor is rather common, but if you find a Joe married to Mae (?) Biddy with a son named Harvey, let me know. (Mae could be a middle name, I'm not sure.)
"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#10 DJgang

DJgang
  • Users2
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

My mom's side of the family would be Hopper and Taylor. My dad's side would be Tidmore and McElroy. I've been working on my family history for several years now. I was thrilled to finally find an aunt (my dad's sister). She contacted me years ago shortly before my dad died. He had left my mom and me and gone back there. He died of a heart attack. I finally mangaged to find her when a cousin ran across my family tree on ancestory.com. She messaged me and got my information to my aunt. I am planning to make a trip to that area to do some in-person research and finally meet my relatives including four half-brothers. I'm sure we have a lot of catching up to do. :gathering:

Hello, been a long long time since I've been here. But wanted to tell ya, I'm in Cullman. And if you are related to Hoppers, then you may be related to my mother's best friend in high school who introduced her to my father... Actually they are from the Garden City area.

Hope you were able to make it down and able to finally meet some of your family.

Edited by DJgang, 09 October 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users