Photo

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

434 replies to this topic

#421 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

MONDAY; we finally got the vacant lot negotiated down to what it's worth...now we'll be searching for the dollars to buy it.  Praying Mountain Man will find more work.  "Every need supplied" ... and that lot really is a need if we're to keep Little House as our landing place for our more senior years.  We'll be looking at every way we can to save money too, and eating out of the pantry instead of shopping.  Weather is really quite decent, and this week is supposed to be unseasonably warm.  That usually only means we've got some "stuff" coming.  Hoping the weather holds out for our family Christmas though, because we have to drive so far.  About 5 years ago, it turned bad and when we tried to get into our vehicle all the doors were froze shut (sleet/ice) before we realized what it was doing outside.  Finally managed to get front doors open, but not so with back ones. That storm front wasn't on the agenda!

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#422 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

New Year's Day 2014: WOW...another year has come and gone!  Lots of stuff accomplished but alot of things not.  Ya just can't git 'er all done! LOL  This whole holiday season has been very peaceful for us.  Spent alot of this year working on Little House and we're so pleased that we've finally gotten everything sorted out.  After the break in last year, things were such a mess.  All the totes we had boxed up were literally dumped throughout the house as they searched for ???  The only thing we found missing were our 2 metal detectors.   But that was a costly loss because they were the good ones in their cases.  Now that we've been "present" I think everybody knows who should and who shouldn't be there.  The abandoned earth contact to one side of us has been totally remodeled and sold, as well as the three other little houses at the dead end of the street.  I'll be glad to get Little House moved into and this one sold.  We did get our energy report yesterday and it showed we had lowered our electricity by 20% from last year so that's good.  Still, Little House's are about 1/4 of what they are here.  Mountain Man put the solar box he built back into the LH kitchen window and will build another one for the livingroom window.  I have a large picture window in the livingroom so I won't miss the smaller window.  I'll paint the boxes white and then put some nice looking shelf liner or decals or ??? on them to make them attractive.  Not going to get to do much camping this year since we're buying the small parcel of land across the road from Little House.  Since we made the decision to make it our final home instead of the place Mom & son live in, we'll really need the additional space for our sheds and the travel trailer.  It has a natural spring that runs across one corner so that's definitely a plus in a crisis situation.  We'd have to boil & filter the water, but...it's there.  Also want to get our eight rain barrels moved there and situated, some around the house, some around the sheds, and some across the road around those sheds etc.  Also was able to buy a really nice ventless stove on a custom built rack, and we'll have that as a backup if the furnace electricity can't run.  MM will put together a 'quick connect" to the furnace.  Also want to find a small marine-type wood stove for the closed in porch, so we could keep warm if everything else failed.  We've set aside several 30# propane tanks and two 100# tanks but one never knows how long power might be out.  LH has a very efficient attic fan so by opening all the windows and starting the fan, we may not even need to use any of the window units.  I don't want to put in central air, it's just too costly and you cool areas you really don't need to cool.  We'll cool the master bedroom at night and the livingroom & kitchen during the day with the window units.  "Regulated" air! LOL  Both vehicles are now running pretty smoothly so hopefully this year they'll stay on the road without any major issues, just oil changes etc.  Mother is doing fairly well dealing with the COPD, asthma & allergies, but I've started going over once a week to vacuume, clean bathroom, mop vinyls & do her laundry.  I cut her hair every few weeks so she doesn't have to go to a beauty shop and be exposed to all the smells etc.  Mountain Man's been blessed with some continued work, and hopefully that will continue.  Every dollar helps! 

:pray:  There's snow falling outside, not sure how much we'll get but they say 2-4".  It's mornings like in the morning that Philbe's glad she's retired :cheer: .  Abby-girl is healthy and our 2 year old happy lab-brat.  So, all considered, things are well in this household.  We've got a long road of goals for 2014 and hopefully we'll be able to get them accomplished. :wave:

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#423 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

FRIDAY...rain most of the day, temp got up to 50 but we're not complaining one tiny little bit! Mountain Man put some more ceramic tile on the bathroom walls at Little House.  We're going to do everything in the house very "neutral" and about the only actual color we'll see will be light tans etc.  I'll do accents in color.  I love to do that because I can change just about any time I get tired of a color etc.  I really enjoy red & green fleece throws, christmas-type artificial flowers etc., during the holiday seasons.  Then I get to change again for spring, then again for Easter, then again for summer, again for Thanksgiving and I've come just about full circle! LOL  Mtn.Man says "you don't need a Christmas tree, the whole house looks like one!"  (but I do need a little one!) LOL  Been working our tails off at the homestead, putting together three new, heavy duty shelving units (like ours) in mother's extra bedroom (she saw pictures of ours) so she could make some sense out of all her canned goods etc.  Plastic bag after plastic bag all over the floor, on the bed, in the closet, and flat after flat of canned goods shoved under the bed.  So now this extra bedroom has been pretty much turned into a pantry.  Still got sooo much more to do in there though.  My hands & fingers have cardboard box cuts enough to give someone a transfusion (not really)...but very tender.  Tomorrow Mtn.Man and I will be helping our like-minded friends move.  He's been in a town quite away from his significant other and is moving closer.  He'll still be close to his much needed medical facilities & doctors but still alot closer to all of us "like-minded" friends.  Abby-girl hasn't taken off for any more of her 10:00 pm explorations.  Raised our anxiety level to a 10 because it was so late at night & the temperature was -6 outside.  She came back with a bloody paw so I grabbed the PetCo quickclot powder and boy does that stuff work wonders!  Put her in her crate to let it dry good, but also for her to have a "time out" from being scolded by her mommy & daddy!  Her crate is her "hidey hole" when she's in trouble! LOL  If she can't get under the coffee table it's into her crate she runs! She absolutely loves Little House because it has a big yard and she can stretch out in a run, and around & around the house she goes!  We'll put up a fence once we're there so she can enjoy the outside without being in a kennel.  This house doesn't have a yard really, just enough room for her to do her daily duties for MM to pick up :-( LOL  She's a BIG dog that's learned to live LITTLE! LOL  The weather forecasters are calling for fairly warm weather for Sat & Sun, so maybe we'll get rid of the rest of the snow that's on the ground.  Right now it's so slick that I had to put my "wires" on my hiking boots to keep me upright.  When we pulled the truck into the driveway at Little House (it's a slope) it slid backwards so Mtn.Man had to go back out and pull it further up.  Sprinkled some ice melt on it (even though it's gravel) so that will help some.  It'll also kill off any grass or weeds that want to grow up into the gravel this spring.  Our RV friend will be coming off the road sometime between February - April and we'll be trading my sport van for her Class B RV.  We're all really excited about it, but we've both left our options open to change our minds.  Later on, when we're able to save up some more dollars, we'll hunt around and find me a "little" car to rumble around town in etc. I'd love a convertible but their just not practical as far as I'm concerned, and I've seen what happens to them in a hail storm :-(  I've often missed my Olds Cutlass Sport ... moon roof/sun roof combination.  We took it to Texas when we first met & it was just like riding in a convertible when we slid the moon roof back.  Hair going all whichy ways! LOL  Oh well...I've rambled enough friends.  Have a wonderful weekend & stay safe & warm (or cool?) wherever you may be!

#424 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

FRIDAY...Mountain Man worked most of week, and we had intended to work some more on Little House.  Ran our necessary errands, had lunch and then headed for Little House and a stop at the local library there.  Went to Little House & MM let Abby-girl out to take a run in the yard while I went on in & turned on some lights etc., in preparation for him to start running some more ceramic tile in the bathroom.  Seemed like quite a while but I just figured he was letting her run out all the energy she could.  Finally, I heard her come bounding in the back door and went to greet MM and he nearly scared the pants off me!  Was holding his hip & could barely walk & had a bloody nose!  It seems big (not little) Abby-girl was running, made a direct charge at him and couldn't turn as quick as she probably thought she could, and hit him full on, on his left knee, literally knocking his leg out from under him, and he did a "face plant" in the yard.  Said he instinctively put his hands out and ended up resting his face on the palms of hands.  That's probably what kept him from breaking his glasses...or his nose!  Naughty girl!  So, no tile work.  Loaded things up & drove back here, iced the knee, gave him some Ibuprofen, and drug out the heavy duty knee brace (locks into place when standing etc.) and he seems to be fairly comfy in his leather recliner watching some tv.  Abby-girl is sleeping near my feet...as usual :-)  Made another "haul" at two of our local thrift stores for 2 more winter coats for me, several more sweat shirts for me, a couple sweat shirt for MM and two nice pair of flannel lined lounging pants for MM...$50 for all of it!  Always pays and saves to buy second hand (we call it recycled) when we can.  Just like we don't often call our food "leftovers" ... we call it "2nd helpings"!  Had 2nd helping of last nights speghetti tonight along with a fresh batch of garlic buns (I just stick hotdog buns in my toaster & add the seasoned butter) to make a very easy and quick meal.  So far the deal is still good to go on the Class B van.  We're truly looking forward to owning it.  There's just times we like to go visit friends & family that are a distance away, but don't want to drive home late at night (I just don't drive at night, and MM's finding his sight not quite as good at night either) and taking "Miss B" will let us just park in their drive (or a WM) and come home in the morning.  Also, can nearly always take Abby-girl and leave her inside & not leave her at home.  We don't let her go into other people's home...she's too big and rambunctous.  Probably should have taught her some better "doggy manners" but...guess we'll just take the blame (or credit?) and deal with it! LOL  Weather has been pretty cold the past 2 days, even snowed a smidgin Wednesday night, but it just "blew away"?  Thermometer on carport pole registered 23 this morning when I let Abby-girl out and I don't think it got over 34 today.  When I went into Little House it was quite toasty (even though the furnace was only set at 55) and the solar box in the kitchen window's heat "flap" was blowing almost straight inward to the kitchen because it was such a sunny day (it's located in a south window) and was definitely contributing it's solar gain into the house.  MM's still going to build another one for the southern window of the livingroom, but a little different design to see if it will generate even more heat.  Had to make an 11:00pm run Wednesday night to take mother to hospital ER, said her left wrist was in so much pain she couldn't hardly stand it.  We feared "heart" ... so we spent most of the evening in the ER waiting room (another time it would have been nice to have "Miss B"...we could have waited in much more comfort, even napped perhaps.  They had our cell numbers and there's a parking lot right across the street from the ER.  Yeppers...Miss B will be welcome!

#425 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

SATURDAY:  Stayed home today, let Mountain Man's knee have a rest.  Wearing a soft knee brace now & taking Ibuprofen for pain, said it's feeling alot better.  Dreary, windy day and even though the temp wasn't really "cold", the wind makes it feel colder than it really is.  Took the time to wash & dry all the new sweat shirts & lounging pants we confiscated so cheap at two 2nd hand stores in our area.  MM found two pair and I found one pair that are ski-type but flannel lined.  Should be really nice for sitting around the house now that we've turned down the temp.  Was truly surprised when I walked into Little House's kitchen yesterday and found it quite toasty inside due to the solar window box we have in the kitchen window.  Didn't even need to turn the furnace up from it's 55 to 68 while we're working.  But...wouldn't have mattered any who...with MM having a buggered up knee right now.  Friends called & wanted to go dancing, but had to pass :-(   We found a nice place about 1/4 mile from Little House so we'll be able to go just about any time we want instead of having to drive to other towns to find decent places.  Bars aren't our thing.  We like restaurants w/lounges & dance floors etc. and they're pretty hard to find. Just a different clientel.  Been watching lots of youtube videos today.  Sure don't miss cable/network tv at all!

#426 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

SATURDAY; Ran usual errands yesterday so decided we'd take a "day trip" in Elvira today.  Menard's had their "Sack Sale" of 14% off of anything you could get in a paper sack.  So...they had cases and cases of Hormel Chili w/Beans.  I took a bag & Mountain Man took a bag and we both filled it up with 24 cans of the chili plus some other things that were on sale...large sized vacume seal bags for clothing, more toothpaste that was $1 a tube, 2 bottles of Palmolive dishwasher gel, and some other odds & ends.  Sometimes we just have to bit the bullitt & buy stuff because it's so cheap.  Went to one of our favorite "plain people" stores and picked up a dozen more of their jar lids with the gasket in it (white, not the 2 piece) because I love to put our 2nd helpings in my canning jars & put these lids on them & put them in the frig for another meal.  Also picked up some cinnamon sticks (supposed to be good for scrubbing your teeth), another gallon of coconut oil (I just love it for cooking & frying), and a large box of wood toothpicks (also good for scrubbing in between your teeth) before we called it good :-)  Finished off by visiting Aldi's to pick up some empty flats to put on my shelves in the pantry here.  Tired of everything falling over.  My can organizers etc., are all at the Little House pantry (where they should be).  We only keep a couple of weeks worth here.  Finishing up watching videos on the Survival Summit.  So many have been so very good!  Mountain Man's enjoying the "techy" stuff and I'm enjoyiing the cooking & gardening stuff.  These guys have worked very hard to put this all together.  Sure glad we registered and then actually tuned in.

#427 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

MONDAY;  cold & breezy but no snow.  This is a "to do" day and then I'll go to mother's and get her cleaning & laundry done.  Even more important now that both of her wrist's are messed up.  Her doc seems to think it's gout, but he hasn't put her on anything except pain meds...grrrr!  I suggested she start taking baking soda since it got rid of it for Mountain Man.  All he does now is mix up a glass full every few days now that the initial events have disappeared.  His meds are still in the medicine cabinet & we have it on auto-refill so we can "prep" it.  Still looking around for natural alternatives to low thyroid "that work" and aren't just quacky things other's are suggesting "might" work.  Low thyroid can cause heart attacks and all kinds of negative things.  I never realized how important that particular gland is to our bodies.  When they took my reading for the "T"s .. it was just about zero.  The doctor was surprised that I could still function.  Mountain Man's still got work which is wonderful, we're thanking our Lord every day for it especially since he's working for a local pastor.  He really enjoys working for this fella and the pastor says he won't have anybody do any work for him from now on because Mountain Man's the only man he's met that does quality work at such a reasonable price.  Integrity...that's my man! LOL  I know I've never done anything to earn God's gift of him to my life, but I'm sure thankful.  He's made my life "sweet". 

Edited by Philbe, 27 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#428 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Whew...where did February go?  it's sure left behind alot of snow and ice and now March is starting off where February seemed to leave off :-(  It's dreary outside, cold and we have about 1/2 inch of "fuzzy" ice.  Not really the sheet-type but it's still pretty slick outside.  We're just kicking back and hibernating :-)  Mountain Man's taking a nap in his recliner with his book unattended to in his lap :-)  Both of us slipped on sweat suits, socks  & slippers after our morning cleanups. Abby-girl is kicking back too, sleeping at the foot of the bed :-)  Pretty shortly I'll head for the deep freeze etc., and see what I think needs to be canned to make room  Nice day to add heat to the house and put more canned goods back.  Looked at more "scrub" land yesterday.  The area we'd like to find land in is not only scrub land but doggone it, it's on steep hills which would make it very difficult to get our storage sheds etc., in and located.  But...we'll keep looking.  We'll find what will work perfectly when the time is right. Thinking about going ahead and buying the Zoom rocket stove we want, but...just thinking. It would be perfect for the retreat...when we find it, and nothing's going to get cheaper.  Also going to pick up some more meats to get canned up...but not today :-)  Mountain Man doesn't have any work projects this next week (so far) so that will be the time for us to really "haul the mail" on some of our projects.

#429 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

SUNDAY:  Didn't get much accomplished this weekend at Little House other than getting grout into the newly ceramic tiled wall.  The walls around the top of the shower/tub enclosure, around the washer dryer area etc., already done.  Tiling just takes time...if you want it to look great & not just "ok".  Friends were all suffering from cabin fever (as we were also) so wanted to go "play"...and we did.  Friday night 5 couples of us went dancing & boy did my muscles let me know we'd been off the dance floor for awhile.  Then Saturday neice came down to show off new baby girl...what a cutie!!!!  Then Saturday night joined another couple to visit another VERY small town about 1 1/2 hours away for their monthly "get together".  People come from miles around to this little community & meet up at the convention center to play their guitars, banjo's, mandolins, dulcimers, and fiddles while the children and adults square dance; the dosey doe type but also the Virginia Reel.  Sooooo good to see such clean fun, and the children right in amongth the adults.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  While Mountain Man was doing the grout work I was able to stuff 54 rolls of toilet paper into our new big flat topped trash barrel/can...and there's room for about that many more.  We wanted the flat tops so we could set these bruisers on top of one another...or drape a nice table cloth over the top of each of them and put something "pretty" on top like an artificial plant with a Bible or ???  Would just look like a table???  Either way, I was surprised that I was able to get that many "squashed" rolls into one barrel with still more room.  Also took time out to take a walk in the woods nearby & let Abby-girl get a good run in.  She's been suffering from cabin fever just as much as we have.  Mountain Man got a pretty good report from doctor; blood pressure is back down in normal range and he's lost 10# in one month...go MM!!!!  We've cut just about all salt from our diet, lowering the carb intake, and cooking/baking at home (of course).  Both of us had elevated triglycerides so we've also cut fat from our diet; using only a little olive oil or coconut oil.  Started centering our breakfast around a big fruit smoothy and accompanying it with a small piece of homemade bread toast, 2 eggs and a small piece of turkey ham.  It takes time getting all the ingredients into my blender but it's worth it.  I'm using the "artisanbreadwithsteve" breads, so that saves me alot of time with my bread making.  We love artisan-type breads.  Picked up some ground sesame seeds and ground flax seed at our favorite Amish store a few days ago, so we're putting a little of the flax in our smoothies and using flax & sesame as a topping for the some of the breads.  Also got some more wheat berries ground up last week to make some wheat-mix breads.  It's a bit of a pain stopping by grocery to pick up fresh fruit every few days but that's what needs to be done.  We ran into a great way for Mountain Man to perhaps add money to our income using his love for wood.  We'll give it a try & see how it works.  We've also pretty much decided that when we find the parcel of land in the boonies we want, we'll be naming it "Hillbilly Acres".  It's fun to dream together...and hopefully, with God's grace, watch those dreams materialize very soon (since we're not getting any younger).  Very frustrated with Mother, she got shut offs on all her utilites because she was just setting her bills aside, thinking she'd paid them, and then spending the money on kitchen appliances that she doesn't need.  So...in addition to cleaning, doing her laundry, cutting her hair & mopping...I now have to take over the paying of her bills.  I took her a plastic file to put all her mail in for me to look at when I go to clean.  Then I'll write out all the checks, put them in envelopes, get them stamped and in the mail.  Told her she's NOT to withdraw any money from the bank unless I tell her she can because she'll be overdrawn and her checks will bounce!!!  I'd love to pay her stuff online but I don't think her computer is that secure and stable and I don't like her bank!!!  They tried to sign her up for $9.95 a month and they'd give her safety deposit box (which she doesn't need!), free checks & at the end of every year a "rebate of $40"....hmmm...$9.95 x 12 = 119.40???  I really raised HE.. with them & made them stop it immediately.  I'll be taking her down before long to get my name on her checking account for her safety. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

#430 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

TUESDAY:  Had absolutely beautiful weather yesterday, but spent the whole day taking care of Mother's financial biz.  But, it's done and everything's online now so no withdrawing all her cash and trying to pay bills that way :-(  And no more shopping sprees at WM for every kitchen gadget that's interesting, so it can be put into a closet.

ps...TWO customers called for Mountain Man to come do some more carpentry etc., for them...PTL!  Then, we got an email from a friend who lives in the state next to us saying if Mountain Man would come do some work for people in their town, they'd pay him plus pay for an RV space for our travel trailer.  Sounds interesting enough...sort of like a "paid vacation"? LOL  Could work during week, leave trailer there, drive to Little House to work on weekends, check with family etc., and then drive back to travel trailer.  We'll see.  Father God never ceases to watch out for His own, so we'll just wait and see what He has for us!

Edited by Philbe, 11 March 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#431 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

It was a nice day here today with a high in the 50's. Looks like spring is finally here.  :hapydancsmil:

Never mind. I just looked at our extended forecast. Rain, sleet, snow and ice possible for tomorrow. Low around 4 with a wind chill of -12.    :sHa_sarcasticlol:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#432 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

I don't think spring has sprung here yet either! LOL  But...still having a bit of the "hitch itch" for our travel trailer and motorcycle.

Edited by Philbe, 11 March 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#433 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

TUESDAY:  It's been awhile since I've slowed down long enough to truly reflect what our lives have been like :-)  All is well though, which is a praise report!  As many of you have noticed, I've changed my profile to "The WE2's" to reflect an update in our lives.  We've developed an online presence/profile in a couple of other web sites and I'm going to try to learn to develop a blog site...wish me luck (using WordPress)!  We made "some" progress at the Roost (formerly known as Little House) but not nearly as much as we'd like.  Seems like "life" always gets in the way.  God has given MrWE2 a fairly stable work flow, of which we are truly grateful, so we only have Fri, Sat & Sun (as usual) to work and/or play.  Sometimes we just gotta break free and go play.  Abby-girl is becoming more beautiful every day and now weighs 87# according to her annual checkup a week or so ago.  We were so very proud of her Saturday when we took the van in to have some work done on the a/c and ran into a dog trainer (we had her with us) that just couldn't resist "working with her" out in the parking lot.  Everybody was pretty much in awe and The WE2's sure wish she'd behave like that for us!  She heeled, turned, sat, trotted, and walked like a pro and the trainer told us "I love her!"  Made us pretty proud humans :-)  She's been getting a lot more exercise now that warmer weather has arrived, and as always...a tired Abby is a good Abby :-)  Had planned to go camping with some friends this coming w/e but the forecast calls for rain 4 out of 5 days, so we'll wait a bit longer.  We did "flush the pink" (rv anti-freeze) from all the lines & tanks and then refilled the white tank & added a bit of bleach and let it sit over night to sanitize everything.  Drained it all again & refilled, so now we're ready to go whenever we want to.  I'm still resisting the weight gain, and only managing to sustain :-(  Thyroid is such an onery little part of our body!  We did a large "job" a couple of weeks ago and are very thankful for the nice $$$$ that God shuffled our way.  Lots of hard work, but that's not unusual for MrWE2's type of work.  I am absolutely thrilled that CrabGrassAcres has found her "retirement" homestead and we're looking forward to taking a trip to meet her and offer some unpacking assistance.  She's on the opposite corner of the state as we, so it's a real "trip" consisting of several hours but still looking forward to meeting her and her daughter.  Also feel so thankful that Twilight was able to step in and offer her the HUGE helping hand of taking her to see her new hometown.  I'm asking God for a nice, sweet blessing to be poured out on her...SOON! I'm still cleaning etc. at Mother's once a week and cutting her hair once a month, but had to step in and assume her finances too.  Went to the bank and set up online banking so I can do it from my pc or from hers.  She had gotten herself in quite a pickle and was overdrawn and had shut off notices on her utilities etc.  Little brother went to hospital and took care of the $1100 hospital bill that her Medicare & Medicaide didn't pay, so than I just had to put a real "clamp" on her spending sprees.  So far, she understands that she no longer has money to just throw around on kitchen gadgets etc. and knows she's not to use her debit card on anything except absolute necessities...of which I check each week, along with her keeping ALL her receipts.  Life is sweet with MrWE2...he's so tolerant of my family.  Daughter still doesn't speak, email or return calls.  Not sure why, but that's ok.  She hadn't seen he daddy in 2 years when he passed away.  I have a feeling my sister blabbed & told her that her portion of our will is $1.00 since she's been so loyal to me all her life.  But again, that's ok.  Too many times kids think they're entitled to a lifestyle that we've worked all our lives for.  Parents my age started out with 2nd hand furniture, 2nd hand cars, hard work, skimpy groceries and lots of other struggles and they think they should reap all the rewards of being debt free etc.  She's made it very clear on numerous occasions " I don't want anything you have, I have what I need" and "I have taught my kids not to expect anything from anybody except us, their parents".  Nice attitudes to instill in your children huh?  Oh well, rant over :-)  The bleeding stopped long ago.  The florist called today and we'll be delivering flowers again on Mother's Day.  We truly enjoy delivering flowers on special occasions, it's really a fun time for us.  Joined several friends Saturday for a hot dog roast and it was a blast. Also took some long motorcycle day trips to sort of develop our "iron butts" for the summer.  Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Easter celebration!

#434 Ambergris

Ambergris

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,309 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Writing. Gardening and permaculture. Cat-wrangling. Puppy-feeding. Beekeeping.

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Lots accomplished.  What do you call "long" trips?

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow (1908-1965)

#435 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,047 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Ambergis...usually consists of a 6 hour day from start until we get home. If we're camping it's 3 or 4 days, if it's a vacation a couple of weeks. :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users