THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

450 replies to this topic

#441 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Woo-hoo on your alpaca fibers! I had a slow day doing errands etc. I was gone most of the day and when  got home I had a delivery from Honeyville. Boy, they ship fast. But the Fed Ex guy sat the box on the edge of the porch with the big "Honeyville" lettering on the box facing the street. Grrr. I couldn't get that box in the house fast enough!  :grinning-smiley-044:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#442 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

LOL...probably most of your neighbors don't even know what Honeyville stood for.  They probably think you ordered a case of honey :laughkick:

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#443 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Ohhhh, that's a good one. Yep, that's what it was...honey. :008Laughing:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#444 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Lady came and went with the alpaca fiber, she got a good deal (it was some absolutely beautiful roving) and we've got another couple hundred to add to our vacation funds :-) God is so good to us we both have to shiver :-)

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#445 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

Friday 7-11-14 It's been a REALLY long six weeks for us, and we've still got some to go. Expenses are running high right now but God will see us through.  He's always been faithful to us.  I've been trying to get everything laundered, cleaned & prepared since we came back from our vacation so MrWE2 doesn't have to much on his plate after my surgery.  Getting all my house dresses laundered & ready, figuring I'll want to be comfy for a week or so.  I'll probably be on a light menu for a few days so I want to prepare a menu for him to cook for himself.  He was a bachelor for over 20 years so he's acquainted with cooking "something" for himself :-(  I cleaned the travel trailer when we left the Moose Lodge's camping hospitality, so that's done and we won't need to worry about that.  Cut mother's hair and got her bills paid when we got back, but I'll need to get her laundry & other cleaning done first thing next week.  Then MrWE2 will have to pull double duty for me and her.  Have I mentioned how much I respect, honor & love than man! A friend called today for him to do some plumbing work so that put a few $$ in his pocket for spending money.  He enjoys having some cash in his pocket :-)  Then our pastor friend has work for him starting Monday so he'll work until the 29th then hang around here for 10 days or so, and resume.  We still shake our heads wondering "when" we'll ever get the Roost done enough for us to move there and get this place sold and out of our hair.  Utilities for here and the Roost, and taxes and insurance on all three properties eats our lunch.  Son pays a small monthly rent so that helps a lot with the taxes & insurance on the one he and mother occupy...as long as there's no unexpected expenses.  We've had to put our foot down for every little whim, reminding mother that her lease says "anything under $500 she is responsible for".  She's not so quick to call repair people now.  MrWE2 got the roof repaired himself, we haven't heard any complaints about any leaks.  I got her finances straightened out and now that I pay all her bills online things are much better.  She knows she can't just run out a buy stuff she sees at WM or on tv :-(  She had about every gadget you could think of for cooking etc., and some had never been out of the box and is still boxed...in her "pantry" room that we fixed up for her.  Tomorrow we got a long day also as well as mowing at the Roost.  We did have to get the mower there repaired.  We loaned it to a neighbor (young military couple) and he broke it, tried to fix it, then just put it back without a note or anything. So we just put it inside the enclosed porch after MrWE2 bought the new part & got it running again.  It's been 3 months so we're thinking he's borrowed it long enough and should have been saving back some money to buy himself a mower.  Last time we mowed there, his lawn hadn't been mowed for some time :-(  Well, I've rattled on long enough.  It's late and I've had a full day.

#446 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Another yucky day. Seems i have a good day followed by a tuff one. Had checkup Wed & GYN says I'm probably expecting too much, too soon. Due to the huge blood loss & needing 2 units to pull me back to life it's going to take awhile. Says the "imported" blood dies off faster than my own so I'm having to make up my own to replace it. The weakness just aggravates the poo out of me, and then the nausea, indigestion & gas make it even more uncofy.  But...I will overcome! I'm in bed using my notebook so the keys & monitor are very tiny so excuse typo's etc. Just wanted to let all know I am in the land of the living, just not up to myself YEt!

#447 Twilight

Twilight

New Friend

• Users2
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

I sorta know your feeling........after losing a lot of blood yes it took me a while to re-coop.......

All I can say  it will be worth far more to take care of yourself now  than to over do and maybe 

pay for it the rest of your life. Some things can not be hurried.

Wishing you the best  in healing.

#448 Ambergris

Ambergris

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,502 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Writing. Gardening and permaculture. Cat-wrangling. Puppy-feeding. Beekeeping.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for checking in. :)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow (1908-1965)

#449 MomM

MomM

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,104 posts
  • Interests:sewing, quilting, cooking, crafts, reading

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Take care and allow your body to heal. It seems to take me 6 months to recover from surgery. So give yourself time. (((((WE2)))))
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

#450 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,667 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

The several major surgeries I've had, aggravated me so much because of having to be 'dormant'.  The one I did not allow myself to recover, took 10 times longer to recover from.  Learned my lesson real quick.   :shakinghead:

:pray: you feel better soon.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#451 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the "thumbs up" on taking time...it helps to "settle" me :-)  GYN gave me a few days supply of Ond0nsetron (?) (it's used for after surgery nausea and also for chemo patients) tabs to dissolve in my mouth every 6 hours and it only took one to run the nausea off.  Took one more and my system seems to have settled down.  I'm keeping the rest of the blister packs in case I need them. No sense taking them if I don't need them.  I have also placed myself on a "blander" diet by choice for the time being, avoiding my beloved bell peppers, onions and favorite spices.  Even while in hospital I gravitated towards fruits & juices.  We picked up a case of Ensure Clear and I'm drinking that with my breakfast meal. Then Metamusil with my lunch (yuck), and lots and lots of water.  Felt pretty good today. Went to mother's so MrWE2 could run the vac and carry her laundry to the washer etc. for me.  Then he cut some brush away from his "man-cave garage" there :-)  Came walking in soaked to his knees...reminded me of when he was working on the CGA project :-)  Anywhoooo...gonna go lay down and rest while reading my current kindle e-book, and probably hit the sack early...as usual :-)  Believe it or not, this is the first day I haven't had to lay down and nap between 2-3 each afternoon! Makin' progress, but sure will be taking everybody's advice NOT to rush my recovery!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users